Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 100% Unscripted Battles!

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: 100% Unscripted Battles!

The Ai is pretty snazzy, despite the columns. If the formations were set up, it would be even more glorious. Here is a little run down of what I've seen.

1. The AI started in big columns, and advanced towards my position. I'm set up in a rather standard formation, archers in the back, samurai Katana in the middle with the Ashigara at the front. Oh, and my cavalry on the flanks.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2. Rather unexpectedly, the AI quickly sent its cavalry units onto my right flank:

3. This led to an attack on my right flank, which I supported with some cavalry.

4. Meanwhile, the main AI force were advancing towards me in a rather silly fashion, lots of big columns, they did start to break off a little however, going for the flanks of my lines, thankfully.

5. The result was four battle locations, 3 infantry assaults, and the cavalry attack to holding on my right. It looked like this, which was pretty cool IMO:

6. After eventually beating down the enemy units on the right, I could attack the enemies in the centre:

7. I then managed to rout them, but it was still really cool, had an enjoyable battle, had a lot more fun than the standard historical battle.

And here are some battle screenshots I took and edited a little:

Lewis.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Very awsome lewis

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Very awsome lewis
    Any eta on the custom battle editor?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    Any eta on the custom battle editor?
    I think a lot of us are waiting for this. But who knows. Mitch has already done so much.
    Who likes Quitters????
    Vote now at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=425721

Steam ID: Niccolo' Machiavelli

Lewis it was a night battle????
    I trying also som changes in battle xml. but i when i am added a Summer -than ctd. Than added Winter, but was a bad results in terrain and nothing changed lighting...(rain work, but not shown)
    Last edited by Hunor; February 26, 2011 at 04:27 PM.

Laetus

Default Re: 100% Unscripted Battle

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLewis View Post
    I was getting beat after doing that frontal charge, so I took one of my bowman units and scaled the walls to the top level of the castle. I then captured the gate up there, and the enemy tried to reach my men. But as I had captured the gate, they couldn't get to me, and didn't seem to understand how to scale the walls, and just ran into it:
    I found something simular (playing on easy) - I sent around a unit and scaled up to the top level and noone tried to stop me at all before I got to the gate, I would have thought that the unit would have come up from the next level down to get me.
    Anyway, some archers did respond and sent arrows up nearly wiping out my unit which then ran, down the next level and down to the next out the back, however they stopped at the gate and I was able to control them again, so took the gate, then slowelt brought up all my army and up through the gate they had captured, there by bypassing the fron level and the enemies main army all together...
    Dispoointed me a little that the enemies main army never went to the other levels to stop me, but just hung around the front lower leve letting me wipe them out from above before I got bored and sent my general up to take the castle and end the game..

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Lewis it was a night battle????
    I trying also som changes in battle xml. but i when i am added a Summer -than ctd. Than added Winter, but was a bad results in terrain and nothing changed lighting...(rain work, but not shown)
    Its a different battle.

I should point out that I was asked by Mitch to test the new Custom Battle mod. Just posted it here to show it. Go to that thread to play the battle from the screenshots I posted above.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLewis View Post
    Its a different battle.

I should point out that I was asked by Mitch to test the new Custom Battle mod. Just posted it here to show it. Go to that thread to play the battle from the screenshots I posted above.
    THXXX !!!!

dom385's Avatar Senator

Has anyone else found that on the sekigahara battle with this mod it lags terribly ? But its wierd because the units are lagging but not the camera, in medieval and im fairly sure in empire and napoleon if the units were lagging the camera did too.

Yeah i found that , i think it is becuase it was the first play =/ , i did it again and i got no lag on the same battle

No it lags in the second try also. But i was playing also in der slowmotion modus cause i loved the animations when the enemies fall down when arrows hit them and i used my general to sit down and fight in on the ground. Lovely how my generals fights and was killed after killing 4 enemies^^

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Quote Originally Posted by dom385 View Post
    Has anyone else found that on the sekigahara battle with this mod it lags terribly ? But its wierd because the units are lagging but not the camera, in medieval and im fairly sure in empire and napoleon if the units were lagging the camera did too.
    I experienced similar behavior in empire when i used to play darthmod, it was attributed to the high number of units, if you have FRAPS or some other program that can let you see the framerate of the game you would see that you would have a decent framerate but the units would skip frames. As your units start dieing and there are less moving around and interacting in the battle you will see these skips disappear. I think it has something to do with the CPU NOT the GPU, because as i stated earlier you will find that your framerate doesn't actually drop to where you could attribute the skipping to the graphics.

also if you are overclocking your GPU try playing the battle without overclocking. as well as your CPU unless you know your rock solid stable (prime95 blend test for 24 hours)

thank you for this mod!

more pictures!

Last edited by freelancerX; February 27, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

i played siege and AI there seems pretty stupid. i took the whole castle with only the battlefield ninja. i went around far right, took all the towers, then i could just w8 the rest off the game for the towers to kill their whole army, they didnt do enything...

i won the game with only loss of 24 ninjas

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

So you abused a bug, well done. Now go fight properly.

The fact is, its annoying this option is always available to you. It makes it kinda cheap. (Tho I won't be doing this )

I bet that scince this is just a Demo the full AI isn't present. But any how both my attempts at capturing the castle with my Ninja units failed misserably. I was playing on hard.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    u mad?
    enyway, thx for making this

Hey Mitch, you mind making a smaller battle for those of us w/o NASA computers? Pretty please with sugar on top?
    EDIT: I kept reading this and it sounded kind of hostile in my head, tell me if it does to you guys too.

Quote Originally Posted by bbad89 View Post
    Hey Mitch, you mind making a smaller battle for those of us w/o NASA computers? Pretty please with sugar on top?
    EDIT: I kept reading this and it sounded kind of hostile in my head, tell me if it does to you guys too.
    NASA computers. hahah
    Who likes Quitters????
    Vote now at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=425721

Steam ID: Niccolo' Machiavelli

Yeah I wouldn't call mine a NASA Computer. I run everything on low except Unit Textures and Unit Details. I run them on medium, and that way I can have Unit Sizes on as high as they'll go.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast