got it:

jap_shogun startpos

Attachment 215625

Default Re: ESF Editor 1.4.8

Boshin startpos.esf:

Attachment 215626

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Good Luck with this...I hope we have a new ESF Editor soon.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

1.4.8 & 1.4.6 don't works, still some ctd.
    Will be new ESF released soon?
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Here is a campaign save, should you still need it:

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Methoz View Post
    1.4.8 & 1.4.6 don't works, still some ctd.
    Will be new ESF released soon?
    daniu is currently working on upgrading the editor. If you go back one page he has released a download that will allow you to open the FOTS files as read only.

When will Daniu release the new editor that allow you to modify the savegame files?? Does this release close??

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

Quote Originally Posted by apw2 View Post
    daniu is currently working on upgrading the editor. If you go back one page he has released a download that will allow you to open the FOTS files as read only.
    Thanks for info but i wanna change some things, so i wait
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Last update before I'll actually release this I think. It still does not allow to edit any values, but it supports both loading and saving for all formats now.

I also included the Test feature I was talking about earlier. The GUI now has a Tests menu with entries to test either a single esf file or all files in a directory. What those tests do is to load the file(s), save them again, reload the saved file, and then check if the contents are identical.

You can run those tests on all esfs you can find in the PFM, as well as on your save game and replay folders. If you come across any problems, please post the file that is causing problems. There is a log file called EditSF_test.txt created when a directory test is run.
    I'm pretty confident there shouldn't be any problems left, but obviously, the more tests are run in advance, the fewer problems will occur later.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hi. I have a little problem - I am trying to modify a multiplayer savegame, I want to move my capital to another city...

Do you think it is possible to do so? Or are the .save_empire_multiplayer not supported by EsfEditor? Because when I load the multiplayer campaign with the modified file (on both PCs), it simply crashs.

PS: otherwise, is it possible to convert a .save_empire_multiplayer to .save and back?

eLLoCo1976's Avatar Libertus

Hi everyone!

Last time I have been modding was July 2011 and I remember it being quite complicated at the time talking about editing victory conditions
    (end date, territories need for winning and such). Had to extract file, than edit and than again make it pack again and such if I remember correctly.

Can someone tell me quick if it is still the same or has much changed? I did see that ESF didnt update that much since than yet?
    I think I used PFM to extract and make it .pack again and an older ESF version for editing that itself if I remember correctly.
    I also remember something about the importance of what .pack you would create.

Anyhow, thankful for any quick feedback before I start reading/searching/trying out for hours before I get there again hehe
    Last edited by eLLoCo1976; June 13, 2012 at 06:54 AM.
    AllEndless Submod for Darthmod: Shogun II
    (Updated now including newest DLC - Otomo)

STARTPOS.ESF from patch 15 (latest?) is missing Diplomacy relations array tabs?

There's supposed to be 23 tabs for diplomacy values, where can I find it now?

okay you can all laugh but for god sake,
    what is my shogun save game name i have to open with esf to begin modding!!!????
    if someone could do that i would be so happy, have spent like an hour trying to find out, everyone leaves it out as it is assumed knowledge. I have multiple saves and just want to edit an individual one,
    WHERE IS THE SAVE LOCATED?

Quote Originally Posted by aseedlesmelon View Post
    okay you can all laugh but for god sake,
    [...]WHERE IS THE SAVE LOCATED?
    Actually, it's quite a common question. You could have googled "shogun save game location" though...

Just as a note, the ESFEditor 1.4.8 will not be able to open the newer (i.e. post-FotS) save games; use EditSF instead.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

there is an editor
    for Shogun 2 fots ???
    i need editor for FOTS !!!!!! please

Quote Originally Posted by M@GIC View Post
    there is an editor
    for Shogun 2 fots ???
    i need editor for FOTS !!!!!! please
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=534721
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Hello.

I've tried downloading the ESF-editor 1.4.8 and other previous versions several times now. I've tried LITTERALY everything, and the program crash everytime I try open up a file. Wether it be a savegame or i.e. the startpos.esf

I don't what in gods name is wrong. Can someone please help me out? I've also tried looking all over the forum, but I can't find an answer anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by DerDeutscher View Post
    Hello.

I've tried downloading the ESF-editor 1.4.8 and other previous versions several times now. I've tried LITTERALY everything, and the program crash everytime I try open up a file. Wether it be a savegame or i.e. the startpos.esf

I don't what in gods name is wrong. Can someone please help me out? I've also tried looking all over the forum, but I can't find an answer anywhere
    My bad... MY PC just messed up on loading the "next page"-icon's so it looked as though there was only the first page - EditSF works great though - Great job on that one!

ESF Editor manages to save a new file from a Empire Total Factions game save, but the game doesn't recognize this file. HELP