Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ESF Editor 1.4.8

Default Re: ESF Editor 1.4.8

I HAVE THESE JIT_DEBUGGING problem AS WELLLL. CAN SOMEONE PLEAAASE HELP US WITH THIS?

THIS I ASK IN AN URGENT WAY. AM STRUGGLING DAYS WITH THE ESF EDITOR. IT JUST WON'T EDIT AND MY SAVES ARE GONE.

MAKES ME VERY SAD COUGH, ANGRY

Quote Originally Posted by Poniatowski1991 View Post
    I HAVE THESE JIT_DEBUGGING problem AS WELLLL. CAN SOMEONE PLEAAASE HELP US WITH THIS?

THIS I ASK IN AN URGENT WAY. AM STRUGGLING DAYS WITH THE ESF EDITOR. IT JUST WON'T EDIT AND MY SAVES ARE GONE.

MAKES ME VERY SAD COUGH, ANGRY

try using the esf 1.4.6 (download from totalwar.org), it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerHue View Post
    hi,
    I tried to change the amount of money in:

savegames/NAME
    CAMPAIGN_ENV
    CAMPAIGN_MODEL
    WORLD
    FACTION_ARRAY
    FACTION_ARRAY (the first one)
    FACTION_ECONOMICS

But when I try to load the savegame it crashes.

Any one know how to do change the amount of money?

Best regards...
    I've just used the unit upkeep mod and the earns give extra money mod and now i have lots me armies of 2100 units milling about the map. This goes the same for the enemy. Its uber fun.

Nitram's Avatar Libertus

If I try to edit any entry in startpos.esf it crashes with unhandled exception error. Is there a way to fix it?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Nitram View Post
    If I try to edit any entry in startpos.esf it crashes with unhandled exception error. Is there a way to fix it?
    Use ESF Editor 1.4.6, that works usually, tw.org: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_...p?catid=275&s=
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 08, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Nitram's Avatar Libertus

Wow, thank you!

thanks for the link
    Last edited by kungfuserge; August 13, 2011 at 12:20 AM.

Is there a way to change the battle time limit in the save games using ESF? Where would this line be located?
    We are peaceful people, but our armored train is always idling on back-up tracks.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

thank you very much for the editor.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Is it possible to change the campaign difficulty in an ongoing game/save with this?

Works with the last patch/DLC? I just tried 1.4.6 version editing the money and get a beautiful corrupted savegame. :S

Does anyone know how to get this editor to edit multiplayer campaign save games? The file type is .save_multiplayer I think instead of .save, any ideas how to open it?

Fuuken's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Hey Just let me report some issues on 1.4.8:

1. When I add a description editor gives me the error:

I can continue save the change but change is not saved.

2. If I expand a record and make a change in one of its sub-records, then if I expand another it crashes, giving the same error message as above.

3. I tried to make changes one by one saving meanwhile but changes are not saved. When I make the first change and save I try to open file again and most of the times it gives the error "file is already open" while it is shown there. Usually in second attempt it opens it but no change is saved.

4. A minor issue but might help you understand problems better. When you click on a value and and select copy, it copies the value in Original Value as you've changed it.

EDIT:

I tried the same things with 1.6 and the only issue I met from the 4 above is only 1 (adding Description).

I have the same problem. I used ESF to edit turn time in Shogun 2 campaign...but when i set calender time from 4 to 12 and save the file just isn't save...and If i try to open the save file again without first restarting ESF moder i just get the same error message.
    If you would be so kind as to assist us it would be much appreciated!

Fuuken's Avatar Laetus

I am trying to set the campaign in Shogun 2 to get longer by changing the value in campaign calender from 4 to 12 but when I want to save it the change just doesn't get saved. If I try to do ANYTHING with the save game without reseting the ESF mod I get the same error message as husserlTW.
    Your help would be much appreciated!

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Seems like the old link is dead and without 1.4.6 you cannot do anything with Shogun 2 saves so here it is.

Fuuken's Avatar Laetus

Thank you soooo very much!

Fuuken's Avatar Laetus

I also have a question about Realm Divide-o-meter...is there any chance you can temper with that? I mean is there a way to reset it or block it from raising using the ESF modifier? That would help me much if it's not a problem?
    Many thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ministry View Post
    Seems like the old link is dead and without 1.4.6 you cannot do anything with Shogun 2 saves so here it is.
    Thank you sir! Maybe the OP or moderator could update the link? That bad link is all over the internet

Thanks for the tips!
    Last edited by Bokadesch; October 21, 2011 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Hey Just let me report some issues on 1.4.8:

1. When I add a description editor gives me the error:

I can continue save the change but change is not saved.

2. If I expand a record and make a change in one of its sub-records, then if I expand another it crashes, giving the same error message as above.

3. I tried to make changes one by one saving meanwhile but changes are not saved. When I make the first change and save I try to open file again and most of the times it gives the error "file is already open" while it is shown there. Usually in second attempt it opens it but no change is saved.

4. A minor issue but might help you understand problems better. When you click on a value and and select copy, it copies the value in Original Value as you've changed it.

EDIT:

I tried the same things with 1.6 and the only issue I met from the 4 above is only 1 (adding Description).

i have the same problem