Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ESF Editor 1.4.8

Default Re: ESF Editor 1.4.8

Quote Originally Posted by Dtry View Post
    I opened a Napoleon startpos.esf from any campaign with 1.4.5 version of esf editor and edit the node "game calendar" under game model to 1545 and 12 turns. I saved it and closed out the editor. I used the 1.4.8 beta and opened up the Napoleon startpos.esf I had just updated. I expanded the information in that esf so I could see the game calendar I had edited. I then opened up, with that same editor, a shogun 2 game I saved on the first turn. I selected the game calendar I had edited in the Napoleon startpos.esf and copied it. I pasted the game calendar into the shogun 2 save game structure. I then deleted the original game calendar that was in the shogun 2 save game file. I closed the Napoleon startpos.esf and then saved the shogun 2 save game. I closed the save game and the editor and loaded it with shogun 2.
    Hi People,

You dont have to use napoleon files any longer. Anastasios provided a link for 1.4.6 version and it works perfectly with shogun 2 without corrupting the saves. You can also edit the startpos.esf but all your saves will be busted this way.

Not that it matters much but out of curiosity, why isn't 1.4.6 published by just here on TWC if it works better han 1.4.8 ?
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    Not that it matters much but out of curiosity, why isn't 1.4.6 published by just here on TWC if it works better han 1.4.8 ?
    It was published but it was soon updated because it had problems.

None of the versions are complete so be careful. There are things that you can do with 1.4.6 and other with 1.4.8. Generally avoid to make many different changes at once but save often between them. Also keep always a back up before you open your file for modding because both versions will ruin your file in some point and you will not be able to access it.

Especially about "corrupted" save games that do not load, in some cases there is a high possibility to be caused by the new anti-piracy function of CA which might be generated by modding changes. This is not a fact, it is referred for certain changes and it is searched by CA for verifying and fix it if it is so.

Baltizar's Avatar Civis

Hi Guys. Can any one explain to me why I am still getting coruppted saves.

I edited the startpos.esf usinf the esf editor 1.4.6 to incorporate the start date to 1500 but still keeping the 4 yurns per year. In doing so I had to change each of the factions character birth dates to incorporate this change plus I had to amend each unit history start date to 1500...see startpos attached.

I tried puting the starpos back in to the datapack but it would not allow mw so i incorporated it in to hussar1tlw (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433771) kings purse staring money. However, although the game started perfectly with no hitches when I saved the game and tried to reopen it it wouldn't. can anyone tell me why this ia the case...what am I doing wrong? can this be sorted? If so what do I have to do.

One interesting thing that I have noticed is that when I used the updated pack manager 1-6-1 beta the volume of the startpos.esf taken from the patch.pak has changed significantly from 10 mb to 27 mb. when extracting i cannot open the startpos with the esf 1.4-6 or 1.4-8
    Last edited by Baltizar; March 23, 2011 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltizar View Post
    Hi Guys. Can any one explain to me why I am still getting coruppted saves.

I edited the startpos.esf usinf the esf editor 1.4.6 to incorporate the start date to 1500 but still keeping the 4 yurns per year. In doing so I had to change each of the factions character birth dates to incorporate this change plus I had to amend each unit history start date to 1500...see startpos attached.
    Answer 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasios View Post
    (ESF 1.4.6 has limited abilities, even if u try to change the starting date sometimes doesnot work)
    I have tried 10 times to change the starting date with ESF 1.4.6, just one time I was successful, for the other 9 times the date stucked in 1500 even if I played 20 turns.
    While the end date is working.

Answer 2.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    None of the versions are complete so be careful. There are things that you can do with 1.4.6 and other with 1.4.8. Generally avoid to make many different changes at once but save often between them. Also keep always a back up before you open your file for modding because both versions will ruin your file in some point and you will not be able to access it.
    -------------------------
    ESF 1.4.6 is good for small changes like put more money in your Clan, change the number of turns, change the relationships btwn Clans, quick-add units in your army etc.

As you make more changes the chances to have a corrupt file are increased.

ESF 1.4.6 is an answer to the people who ask the same and same questions all time "How to increase my money?", "How to change the Turns?", "Why ESF 1.4.8 is not working?" etc

Still is not a stable program.

Is anyone updating the 1.4.8 ESF Editor?

Emperor Qianlong's Avatar Libertus

can Esf Edit Food Storage too?

after editing my clans money it will never load up the save :\ editing anything actualy wont let it start

Quote Originally Posted by seanjkl View Post
    after editing my clans money it will never load up the save :\ editing anything actualy wont let it start
    Are you using ESF 1.4.8 or 1.4.6?

hey guys good to see that the esf editor has been updated

only issue is i cannot understand how to use it now

i have the new pack file manager but from there iam lost

i know its alot but can someone give a step by step how to get the esf into the editor so i may edit it

@christos5: long and short of it is find the esf you'd like to edit in the pack file manager and then extract that somewhere (such as your desktop) and then use the esf editor to open it from there. then just make a .pack out of it by copying the filepath/depth of folders from the PFM and in the new pack right click on the file and hit "replace" if youre going to be modifying the original file and not bothering to make a modpack out of it (which is dangerous if it doesn't save correctly, so make sure you back up the original) ^^ if its greyed out, go into the option that says "CA files are read only" and turn it off.

example:
    PFM: patch.pack > campaigns > jap_shogun > startpos.esf. right click, extract.
    esf editor: startpos.esf > whatever changes you want to make to various things like what regions have, your units, whatever etc > save
    PFM: new > yourmod.pack (name) > right click on the main thingie (which says untitled.pack at first) > add directory.

if you saved the original startpos correctly your file should be in something like: desktop > TWS2 > campaigns > jap_shogun. so when you have it add the directory from "campaigns" it should add all the depth and files necessary.

save your pack as a .movie unless you want to mess around with user.text.

creating a mod this way also saves you from having to re-edit things like startpos every time CA makes a new patch. right now we're up to patch2 (which has no startpos file, so use patch.pack)

obviously if you're editing a savegame you can just skip the entire PFM step and dig right in with the ESF editor; just make sure to back your saves up. ESF can find your savegames pretty easily, but only 1.4.6 will reincorporate them without causing crashes (according to most people. personally I haven't messed around much with saves).

good luck!
    Last edited by Rubeus; March 27, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

Could a "Find" or "Search" feature be added to ESF editor? Manually searching through a hundred units in the faction_array array takes about an hour to look for and edit savegames. It's not something anyone would want to do often.

A search feature would be a huge timesaver.

Also, is there a way to tag/rename/mark certain entries in the savegame so we can see where in the list something is so it can be spotted quickly? For example, to edit the a certain army unit, we have to go through about 5 levels of subdirectories in the army_array array just to see who the commander of that army is. If we could change the name or mark the entries on the list somehow, we could just scan the list for certain names instead of opening each and every army entry to look for the unit by looking for its commander name.

Is there a better application to do this or better way to edit the savegame?

Thanks.
    Last edited by gatorreefer; March 29, 2011 at 12:38 PM.

If I may add some suggestions:
    1)editor doesn't display characters ancillaries - a necessary feature
    2)save option will be of great help
    3)it seems that some information in editor isn't displayed correctly
    As far as I understand we have the most important piece - a working esf->xml converter that also works for save games and the only thing left is to adjust code in esf editor.

PS. Thanks to all great modders in community for their work.

this ESFeditor need change..When i edit my Samegame and change whatever and save but its on Empire_Save-fil,it should be on S2TW save version. its why it doesnt work with S2TW.

thanks alot guys! now i can slow down my pace..

Guys use editor for simple works and Shogun2 Converter for more complicated modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasios View Post
    ESF 1.4.6 is good for small changes like put more money in your Clan, change the number of turns, change the relationships btwn Clans, quick-add units in your army etc.

As you make more changes the chances to have a corrupt file are increased.
    Is this by using the "clone" selection? Can units be added merely by cut/paste the unit directories into the desired armies? It's crashed my savegame every time I cut/past/clone units_array into a different army.

Btw, is there an easy way to find the desired army in the army_array array?
    Last edited by gatorreefer; March 30, 2011 at 03:15 PM.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

for some reason without even editing anything I got a error report and got to quit the 1.4.8
    didn't get the error back in 1.4.6
    so after all I still have to use the 1.4.6
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

So if I want to add more cash to my starting treasury, using ESF Editor will crash my game or corrupt my save?

I want to edit before i start the campaign.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    So if I want to add more cash to my starting treasury, using ESF Editor will crash my game or corrupt my save?

I want to edit before i start the campaign.
    Or you could just start your campaign, find the memloc for your money with Cheat Engine. Then give yourself whatever amount you want. Takes about 30-40 seconds to give yourself 80,000,000 koku.