Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ESF Editor 1.4.8

Default Re: ESF Editor 1.4.8

Just tried norton's method and it works!
    However since you need to edit the savefile there is no need to edit the esf file it self, just start a new game, save, then edit it.

I used norton's method and it worked for me to change the number of turns per year. I just used a save game file instead of the esf file.

i want to change number of region for victory condition by using 1.48 but once i open the file which is saved, it crash.... i tried 1.46 it works fine for me and i try to find how to change the victory condition.... i tried both esf and savedate and still cant do it. i did change currect time from 1545 to 1500 it works......... so i think esf editor 1.46 is fine but i need help for change number of region for victory condition

i dont have esf files like in NTW and ETW can you help me????

Hi Norton, can you upload your file, because when I try it, my computer crashes.
    I've tried several times, but I can't make it work

Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Hi Jalokin,

I am currently enjoying 24 turns per year in Shogun 2. How I did it - here goes the explanation:

1. Open the Napoleon startpos.esf from any campaign with 1.4.5 version of esf editor and edit the node "game calendar" under game model (or something similar) to whatever you want (24 turns, 12 turns - any way you like it and change the date from 1798 (I have used the egypt campaign) to 1545 to stick to history of events in Shogun 2. Save it. You can also change the subnode "date" under the game calendar and enter "1" in the first position. This wil make you start in early January 1545 in winter. Shogun 2 is using exactly the same calendar system as Napoleon and will adapt to 24, 12 and 4 turns per year with early/ late, full months or seasons distinguished dependant on what you have chosen (24, 12 or 4 turns)
    2. Open the same file in esf editor 1.4.8 and DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING.
    3. Extract the shogun 2 startpos.esf from data.pack using the napoleon pack manager or the latest beta 1.6 version that is available for shogun 2.
    4. While still having opened the earlier startpos.esf from napoleon in 1.4.8, open the second file - the unpacked startpos.esf from shogun 2.
    5. Having both files opened in 1.4.8 copy the full node "game calendar" from napoleon .esf to shogun 2 under the "game model" branch and delete the old one from the same "game model".
    6. Close the napoleon file so you have only one instance of .esf file opened.
    7. Save it - it worked for me without any errors. Upload the edited startpos.esf to some shogun 2 mod (I have used the "speed reduction" mod) and enjoy. THERE IS ONE SETBACK STILL - You can save your game but it will not open later as the savegame file will still be corrupted. I have overcomed this by choosing campaign and saving it immediately at start and then changed the savegame file in exactly the same way as startpos.esf. Instead of choosing new campaing just load the edited save and keep playing. Now you can save and load normally.

I hope it was helpful. I couldnt play this game with 4 seasons either - it is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtry View Post
    I used norton's method and it worked for me to change the number of turns per year. I just used a save game file instead of the esf file.
    How did you manage to change a save game?
    Everytime I try to do that, my savegame crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by denis.mile View Post
    i dont have esf files like in NTW and ETW can you help me????
    esf file is in data.pack.......... u need pack file manager to open it
    and anyone can help me with my question?

I've tried to change the number of turns in a savegame, but when I enter 24(number of turns) and 1500(start date), my savegame crashes.
    I can't load it. And what is it about that I have to upload my file to a Mod?
    I don't understand that. Doesn't it work without a Mod?

but when i go to open data.pack in data folder it says error?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jalokin View Post

Download ESF 1.4.6
    link http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_...75&linkid=8783

Start a Campaign, create a save in the 1st turn.
    Open the save file u have create with ESF 1.4.6.
    Open the campaign Calendar and change the 4 turns to 12 or 24.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In that way I play my campaign with 12 turns.

(ESF 1.4.6 has limited abilities, even if u try to change the starting date sometimes doesnot work)

~to everyone : Stop using ESF 1.4.8, it does not work Correctly. Create CTD to save files.~
    Last edited by Anastasios; March 22, 2011 at 12:13 PM.

i still need help.... sounds like no one knows how to change number of victory region.... i tried the same way as i did in napoleon but its not working....need help

@ Anastasios:

Thanks, it works.i tred it with 8 turns per year.

but the only problwn is that its alway spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goblin View Post
    @ Anastasios:

Thanks, it works.i tred it with 8 turns per year.

but the only problwn is that its alway spring.
    strange

May be there is something wrong with the 8 number.
    as I said above I use 12 turns, therefore 1turn = 1 month of the year, and I have all the 4 seasons.

~ information: ESF 1.4.6 allows u to change also the economics of your faction without any problem~
    Last edited by Anastasios; March 22, 2011 at 12:11 PM.

Guys i downloaded this and opened my save file..
    i got 2.. but both are around 25-30ish turn.. only about 4 hours of gameplay..
    but i really dont want to start all over again...
    both are corrupted..
    please guys what changes shall i make to make it work again..
    PLEASE HELP ME GUYS

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasios View Post
    ~ information: ESF 1.4.6 allows u to change also the economics of your faction without any problem~
    Awesome, works for me.

As to recovering your saves, I'm not sure how to do it. I've had no success. I won't say it cannot be done, though. Can you open the modified files with the 1.4.6 version, maybe saving it from there will fix whatever the problem is.

which modifed files? i only open the saved files..
    but dont know what to do..

I'm assuming you used the 1.4.8 editor to open the saved game files. This messes it up for some people, myself included. What I am suggesting is you follow Anastasios's link to get the 1.4.6 version and open the corrupted saved games with it, and then use a "save as" function to see if that will repair them, since that version works (albeit with limited features). I have no idea if this'll work, but it's the only thought that comes to mind.

i keep getting pop up saying it cant acces the file.. etc..
    man this sucks so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Jalokin View Post
    I opened a Napoleon startpos.esf from any campaign with 1.4.5 version of esf editor and edit the node "game calendar" under game model to 1545 and 12 turns. I saved it and closed out the editor. I used the 1.4.8 beta and opened up the Napoleon startpos.esf I had just updated. I expanded the information in that esf so I could see the game calendar I had edited. I then opened up, with that same editor, a shogun 2 game I saved on the first turn. I selected the game calendar I had edited in the Napoleon startpos.esf and copied it. I pasted the game calendar into the shogun 2 save game structure. I then deleted the original game calendar that was in the shogun 2 save game file. I closed the Napoleon startpos.esf and then saved the shogun 2 save game. I closed the save game and the editor and loaded it with shogun 2.

Emperor Qianlong's Avatar Libertus

I cant use Esf Editor 1.4.8 with Shogun 2. I finish edit it cant continue save game that i edit and someone can help me about that