Thread: Diplomacy standing and tech priorities

Default Diplomacy standing and tech priorities

Hi guys. Since XAI will also be implemented in DoS, got me worried enough to ask.

What affects diplomacy standing (beside using spies and assassins)? I mean: getting excom, destroying factions, defending against a crusade when excom, are there particular factions set as 'historical allies' that you cannot destroy, conquering Rome, giving regions away as gifts and so on. How are these influencing status?

How are building priorities set? For example- the muslim factions: they build racing tracks easily enough but NEVER bimaristans, France never builds the music tech and before printing press got moved to the correct time-frame, HRE and Poland slept it off.
    Can this be avoided, especially since DoS promises to use a lot more buildings of this kind.

Thanks in advance.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: Diplomacy standing and tech priorities

The questions you ask are much more than you think.

I suggest doing some serious research on the topics in the some of the R&D forums to get some much better answers. These issues have NOTHING to do with XAI. Even though the files tend to intertwine. They deal with other aspects of the game.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Messremb View Post
    Hi guys. Since XAI will also be implemented in DoS, got me worried enough to ask.

What affects diplomacy standing (beside using spies and assassins)? I mean: getting excom, destroying factions, defending against a crusade when excom, are there particular factions set as 'historical allies' that you cannot destroy, conquering Rome, giving regions away as gifts and so on. How are these influencing status?

How are building priorities set? For example- the muslim factions: they build racing tracks easily enough but NEVER bimaristans, France never builds the music tech and before printing press got moved to the correct time-frame, HRE and Poland slept it off.
    Can this be avoided, especially since DoS promises to use a lot more buildings of this kind.

Thanks in advance.
    Each mod should have its own rules, because each thing You do will affect diplomatic status (unless you chose to give it no effect)

So the more options you have the lower the effect must be so the sum of all effects don't become too high and therefore uncontrolled.

BTW
    Hi Xeryx, long time not talking, nice to see You are still here.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Hi Thorn,
    Been busy working on my house. Laying tile is a real challenge.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix