Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Holy Grail's Vision

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default The Holy Grail's Vision

This is going to be a Kingdom of Avalon AAR with a somewhat preplanned plot.
    Introduction
    I In the year 222ST, the leader of the Kingdom of Avalon was King Henry. Henry was not the most chivalrous man of Avalon, but he was a pious man. He was a man who trusted the word of every Inquisitor whether he liked it or not. Over the past decades he had sent many men to fight in the various crusades that the Inquisitors called for. He was a man that followed orders.

He may not have been chivalrous, but that did not mean he wanted to become close friends with all Christian nations. As such he was overjoyed when Princess Campagnola from the Holy Order of the Pale Knights came to Knutsford. He knew what to do, first he sent a letter making sure that Lancelot, the lord of Knutsford, would stall the Princess. Soon he came with his son and had his son spend many days with her, and eventually he sent a letter to the leader of the Pale Knights asking for the Princesses hand in marriage. The leader agreed, and thus an alliance was created between the Holy Order and the Kingdom of Avalon.

The next month, Henry's daughter met with a representative of the Teutonic Order. Nothing much was discussed, as Cecilia, Henry's daughter, was on her way to meet with a Chevalier representative and had no instructions on what to do if she met any other representative. However, when Henry learned of this he did not mind, as most people agreed that the Teutonic Order was very fickle to deal with and were to not be trusted.

Because of the lack of territorial growth recently, many nobles have asked of Henry to expand the realm in some way. Thus Henry looked to the city of Caerwyn, and he told his son to seize it. Howeer it would take many a year to raise the necessary forces.

Two years had passed with few new things happening. However, in the year 224 an alliance was made with the Chevaliers. But the army was growing as well. The year also marked Cecilia's journey home, where her father would arrange a suitable marriage.

The year 226 signified the completion of Prince Arthur's army, which he would not let down. Later that year, he landed on Tethra to take Caerwyn. Also in that year Cecilia was finally married off to a French noble immigrant.

The siege of Caerwyn had begun. It would be two years until the actual battle begun.
    Battle of Caerwyn
    Arthur had over 2000 men. A quarter were archers along with some mercenary archers, another quarter were spearmen and another quarter were swordsmen. He also had some squires, however breaching the walls were going to be a job for the swordsmen. He also had some mercenary archers which he positioned at the front.

When the battle begun, his mercenary archers were the first to take casualties, which he predicted.

Soon the first siege towere caught on fire.

Arthur was not concerned, he had three more. Luckily the remaining three reached the walls safely, and soon the swordsmen on the siege towers were engaged in combat.

Though his men were on the walls they were still having trouble taking them.

Thus Arthur ordered his Squires and more swordsmen to help with the task. He also advanced with himself and over a hundred mounted knights.

Soon the gate was captured, and he along with his mounted knights charged into the city capturing and defending the city square.

The city was his and the battle was over. Almost a thousand men lay dead. Though the city had resisted, he decided to be a true Christian and spared the civilians lives.

A year after the battle an amazing event echoed throughout all of Avalon: a crusade was called to free the land of Dakar. The entire nation was overjoyed, but they had some doubts. They did not know what Dakar was. Plenty of people were secretly thinking "What and where is Dakar? What does this place mean to me and why should I risk my life for it?" These doubts even reached the nobility. But King Henry and Prince Arthur did not want to doubt and so Arthur along with close to 2000 Hospitallers left for Dakar not knowing what the land had in store for them.

Chapter I The Crusade Quest

It was the year 230ST when Arthur reached Dakar.

To his luck he would be aided by two other Christian armies: a Faustian army and a Valiente army.

Also on the way were a Chevalier army and a Dracule army. In what seemed like decades the Christian people had been united to defeat a common foe: the Muslims. Like Syrianna, Dakar was in a desert area but this area was new to the people of Avalon. However, the enemy were Muslims so their armies couldn't be any different from the Barka's or Vashta's could they?And so Prince Arthur and his army of Hospitallers aided with almost 400 natives began the march on Dakar. Soon he had reached Dakar and the siege of Dakar had begun.
    While the siege continued, in 233 an Avalonian priest was elected to cardinal, and thus the Kingdom fo Avalon had four cardinals. However, while a little good happened this was countered when the Valiente's declared war on the Faustian Reich, and thus were excommunicated. When Arthur heard the news he wondered what was to happen to the crusade. There were already two armies each of Faustian and Valiente's who were at Dakar. For but a few years, the nations of Christianity had been united in a common cause but now they were back to their usual selves.
    The year 234 marked the Battle of Dakar.
    Battle of Dakar

Arthur's forces would be joined by the Chevalier's, thus the total forces would number over 3000 against less than a thousand. He had his crusader sergeants arrayed to be the first ones to take the wall.

While that happened the Hospitallers and the Tushkans would wait for the moment in which Arthur would order the charge. Soon one of the siege towers had reached the walls. Now the real battle had begun!

Soon the battle on the walls was turning against the crusaders sergeants. Soon all the crusader sergeants were repelled. So Arthur sent in the Tushkan archers. If this did not work he would wait for the Chevaliers.

To Arthur's luck, the gambit worked his archers were able to secure the gate house and open the gates. Now Arthur would lead his men into the city.

Soon the city was captured.

When the battle was over, Arthur had took over 400 casualties, each of whom he prayed for. With the end of the battle he was presented with the 100 prisoners that were captured. As a Christian knight and lord he felt it was his duty to extend God's compassion over these infidels and thus he released the prisoners.
    So the crusade was over, however Arthur and his army agreed that before leaving, they shouldc explore this land.
    By the year 236 Arthur had decided to take an expedition further into Ibellica to learn some of its secrets. Trusting the Tushkans he would use them to garrison Dakar while he was gone.
    His journey took him to the city of Nubii where he would not only fight a Tahar army of about 1500, he was also to fight the enemy leader!

Battle of West Nubii

As he looked across the battlefield he noticed the enemy army was mostly light infantry so he decided that he would send in some mounted knights charge into their ranks with the sword and the trusty lance!

To deal with another army he sent his Tushkan camel archers to deal with them.

While the knights who were sent to deal with the Tahar forward army fared well, the camel archers were being annhilated. So Arthur decided to send his Tushkan archers in to hold the Tahar at bay long enough for him to bring in the famed Hospitallers.
    Next to aid his archers he sent in his other mounted knights who were not engaged.

Like the other knights, they ripped apart any resistance that was met.
    Victory seemed achieved, but then Arthur viewed something that he nor any of his soldiers had had possibly seen before:

So he did what any general who saw this and had never seen it before would do: he ordered his cavalry to charge.
    The events that followed would change not only his life but the history of the Kingdom of Avalon and the histories of Christianity and Thera itself.

The battle was over, the Caliph of the Tahar was dead along with over 500 of his warriors. Arthur had lost over 500. Like before he released the captured enemy without a second thought, it was not their fault for attacking us he thought.
    The losses of this battle devastated him in a way that the dead from other battles had not. Today he had faced an enemy with which the infidels had allied with. The locals call these beasts elephants; Arthur would call them something else: guardians.
    For the first time in his many campaigns and journies, he was afraid. He was not the only one, even his noble Hospitaller soldiers were afraid. Many of them had were now talking to Arthur about leaving this unholy land, not just Nubii, but all of Ibellica. They would never want to step foot on the continent again even if the Inquisitor orders another crusade here. Arthur agreed to what they said. He never wanted to set foot on the continent again. Arthur felt that God placed these guardians here to bar the Christians away for some divine purpose, thus he knew he should not be here in this foreign land. So the next day he announced to his troops "I vow that I; no, not just me! I vow that the Kingdom of Avalon will never set foot on Ibellica ever again even if the Inquisitor orders another crusade to take this place!"
    A month went by and Arthur was back at Dakar arranging for supplies for the voyage home. During that month he also arranged a ceasefire with the Tahar Caliphate. In the agreement he gave back Dakar, however he made them agree that he and his soldiers could occupy it till the end of the month.

Before the month was over, Arthur had a dream. In the dream he was greeted by one of God's angels. The angel was clad in a white cloak and was carrying a banner. Arthur was puzzled as to why the angel had appeared and thus he asked him why he was here and who he was. The angel told him that God himself had sent him here to give Arthur a quest. As to who the angel was, the angel told him that he is God's banner bearer. This confused Arthur, he had always believed as all Christians that the symbols of God's banner were somewhat the same as the banner of the Inquisition. So he told the angel this, the angel laughed and said that all will be revealed in due time. The angel then told him that he was correct in his decisions on Ibellica.
    Before the angel left he told Arthur some grave news: his father King Henry was dead! This saddened Arthur, but the angel said "Do not despair, as this is the way it was supposed to happen. When you arrive upon Avalon after your coronation you are to drink the Holy Grail in the presence of your most trusted advisors. Do not add anything to the cup, as the cup will upon arrival be occupied by drink." Arthur listened to this and knew God had a bigger purpose for him and the Kingdom of Avalon.

Chapter II The Coronation Quest

Before the year had ended, Arthur and what remained of his army left Ibellica. Arthur was still a Prince in the eyes of his army, as he had not notified his men of what transpired in his dream. He would wait until after the coronation.
    On Tethra, trouble was brewing. A rebel Gaelic army had been spotted in the southern area of the Brymaris Principality, and the rebels had besieged the southern watchtower.

Gawain, lord of Brymaris, had not yet been told of the King's death but he had a feeling something had happened. However, that dread feeling could wait for another time. Now was the time to deal with the rebels. Thus he took the entire Brymaris garrison with him to deal with the scum. At his command he had over 1200 soldiers, half archers the other half spearmen.

Battle of the South Watchtower

Before committing to battle he waited for the fog to clear. After a few hours the the air was clear.
    The reports told him that the enemy was mostly archers. Thus, Gawain would keep his spearmen in reserve.

His men though were deployed in the wrong position, thus Gawain redeployed his archers so that they would meet with the enemy archers.

Soon the arrows started flying, but not Avalonian arrows. The enemy archers, with the uphill advantage, got the first shots.

The battle was looking bad as the Avalonian archers were taking heavy losses.

So Gawain did what he thought was necessary: he and his bodyguard would flank the enemy and charge into the enemy archers.

"For Avalon!" Gawain cried as he and his bodyguard charged into the enemy archers.

The result of the charge was not as devastating as Gawain hoped. Especially since another unit of archers charged at him. Now Gawain and his bodyguard were surrounded.

However, this was not the end for Gawain, because after a few minutes the archers attacking Gawain were fleeing. His bodyguard were about to give chase when Gawain shouted "Let them be, we must aid our men first before giving chase."
    Then he saw their general and his bodyguard of heavy cavalry.

Thinking quickly Gawain blew the horn that signaled his spearmen to join the fight. It would be a while for them to get to the melee.

Gawain knew he could not hold the entire enemy army with just him and his bodyguard, so he told his men to pull back and allow the archers to do their business.

In order to conserve troops he sent the archers emty of ammo, back to where the spearmen were.

Gawain was overjoyed when he saw the spearmen arrive at the scene.

While the spearmen were to deal with the cavalry, Gawain would deal with the rest of the enemy archers.

Soon the spearmen had killed the enemy general, and thus the rebels were sent running and the battle was over.

The battle was over, Gawain had lost almost 400 men but the battle was worth it.
    The year 238ST was the year that news of the King's death was heard throughout Avalon. People were now wondering when Prince Arthur would be back in Glastonsbury. Gawain had been the King's right hand man, and as such he felt it was his duty to prepare Glastonsbury for Arthur's arrival. So he wrote a letter to Glastonsbury detailing this. When he would leave Brymaris, Gawain would appoint a new Lord of Brymaris.
    The next month Arthur had arrived and after a couple days rest at the port of Whitby he left for Glastonsbury. It would be a week until Arthur arrived at the capital. During his journey to Glastonsbury he visited every village that was on the road to the capital. When he was visiting the villages he would talk to many of the commoners and asking them to speak freely. Many times some of the villagers would tell him that his father, the King, is dead. To this Arthur replied "It is a tragedy that he must die while I am away, but I was assured by a messenger of God that it was meant to be and He has great plans for the people of Avalon."

Half a year passed and his coronation had not happened. In that time, he named Gawin as his First Councilor, and named Nicolas, now Lord of Brymaris, as his Lord High Marshall.
    The year 239 had arrived, and the coronation still had not happened. This information also reached the Medici's who thought they could take advantage of this and sieze the County of Cheshire. Thus they sent in an army to take the County. However, they did not know that Lancelot, Lord of Knutsford, was still there. When Lancelot learned of what the Medici's were planning to do, he swore "Those fools did they not think I would stay to protect our only holdings on this war-torn continent? Those Medici's will pay for their arrogance!"
    With over a thousand men, Lancelot set out to attack the army.

Battle of Cheshire
    The setup of his army had the archers at the front, with four units of separmen behind and two spearmen units in reserve.

It seemed Lancelot would not need to create an offensive as the enemy was coming to him.

Then he decided against it, the enemy was getting too close for comfort for the archers. "Send the first line of spears in, and keep the archers firing." Lancelot ordered. So the first line of spears moved towards the enemy.

And so battle was joined.

Both sides seemed to be taking the same amount of casualties. This is not something that Lancelot liked. "Have our reserve spearmen flank the enemy spearmen that move will surely send the Medici dogs running!" Lancelot ordered.
    Soon the most of the enemy was sent running, but before the reserves had even arrived.

The battle was over.
    Lancelot had lost about 300 men, and he swore that the Medici's would pay.
    The next year Arthur was crowned King. After the coronation, he asked Gawain to follow him to his father's studyroom. There Arthur said "Gawain, would you do me the favor of calling for Cardinal Symond?". "What do you need him for?" asked Gawain. "I need you and him to witness something." replied Arthur. Gawain accepted and left to bring the Cardinal to the King.
    An hour passed, and Gawain had returned with the Cardinal. "My lord, what do you need me to witness?" asked the Cardinal. "Your question shall be answered in due time, just follow me to the Church of St. Joseph." replied Arthur.
    So the three set off for the church. Ten minutes had passed before they reached it. "Follow me to the reliquary." Arthur ordered. As they walked towards the reliquary Symond said "This is where the Holy Grail is housed. What does the Holy Grail have to do with what you want us to witness?"
    "When you see the Holy Grail, you will find that it is not empty which it was when we found it." Arthur explained. They were only a couple feet away from the reliquary that housed the Holy Grail. "How would you know this? You had better not have put anything in it!" said Symond. "Do not worry. During the last Crusade after Dakar had fallen and after me and my men had fought the Tahar at Nubii, I had a dream. In the dream one of God's divine angels came to me with holy advice and news. The angel told me that my father was dead. He also informed me that I was to drink from the Holy Grail after my coronation and that it would be filled. He also told me to not tamper with the liquid. In the end he said that God had some great purpose for Avalon to fulfill and that I was to drink from the Grail if I wished to accept God's purpose." Arthur explained.
    "Your holiness, do you think you would be so kind as to open the reliquary?" he asked. "Yes, my lord." he replied.
    Symond took out his keys and opened the reliquary. As prophesized, the Holy Grail was not empty but filled with a liquid that shined with the same color as the cup. Symond, Gawain, and even Arthur were somewhat surprised by the fulfillment of the prophecy. Symond bit back his surprise and lifted the cup and presented it to Arthur. Arthur received it and silently gave a prayer. Finished praying, Arthur lifted the cup to his mouth and drank its contents. When he finished he felt light-headed and collapsed on the ground dropping the cup as he fell. Symond and Gawain were immediately frightened, the King had just fainted they both thought. Without a second thought, they lifted Arthur off the ground and brought him to the Cardinal's room inside the church. Once there they laid him gently on the Cardinal's bed. "I'll go get a doctor." said Gawain. "Good, I will stay here with him. Something tells me this was supposed to happen and that he is perfectly safe." Symond replied.

After he had fainted Arthur was gifted with another dream. "Do not worry. Your body is perfectly fine. You were meant to faint." a voice said. "Who are you? Show your face." Arthur commanded. "That lord Arthur is of no concern. You are to embark upon a quest." the voice commanded. "What quest?" inquired Arthur. "You must travel to Tethra there you must wander till you find what it is you need" the voice explained. "What do I need?" asked Arthur. "You will know when you find it." the voice said as it left Arthur's dream.
    Half an hour had passed before Arthur woke up. He was immediately greeted by Gawain, Symond and the doctor. "What happened?" they all said.
    "I was given a quest. Gawain, I have been commanded to go to Tethra to search for an item. I do not know what that item is, but I will find it. It seems to me that war with the Gaelic Nations is closer than we imagined."

Chapter III The Quest to Tethra

The year was now 240. Arthur's brother, Walter, was now of age to lead the nation as a prince. However, Arthur's sister Cecilia, was married and thus her husband was eligible for the throne. This could prove meddlesome in the future, but right now it did not matter; Arthur was king.
    Now with a quest to fulfill, Arthur had to raise some armies to combat future enemies. The Hospitallers have asked to stay out of this affair for now. This leaves Arthur without an army. He does have an army at Knutsford, but that was for Lancelot to use to vanquish the Borgias.
    At Knutsford, Lancelot was reoutfitting his soldiers to prepare for a campaign against the Borgias.
    The beginning of the year 241 was sad, Cardinal Symond, the Cardinal who witnessed the miracle with the Holy Grail, has died. However, coincedentally Symond, Arthur's son, has come of age to rule and lead soldiers. The question of who will rule next has become a big one indeed. Of course, Arthur has named Symond as heir, but who is to say if Walter or Marcel (husband of Cecilia) will deny his claim and try to claim the throne themself.
    In order to prepare Symond, Arthur will take Symond with him on his quest and instruct Symond on what to do if and when Arthur dies. Symond shows great promise indeed.
    Assuming that trouble may brew between the other two heirs, Arthur has placed Gawain in charge of Glastonsbury. He has also placed the Hospitallers under his control.
    In 242, Lancelot marched to combat the Medici. He had already heard of that the Medici Nero was to be attacked by the Chevaliers, thus Lancelot marched to help their allies.
    Over on Tethra, a new rebellion has taken place. These rebels have been incited by a certain Faolan Feniss.
    Thus Nicolas, lord of Brymaris, went to defeat the rebels. With a force of 1100, he went to defeat Faolan.
    Battle of the South
    Arrayed against Nicolas was a force of 500, he had well over enough men to defeat them.
    The enemy force was composed of mostly bowmen, and they were on a hilltop which could turn the battle in the rebels favor. So Nicolas moved his men to a southern part of the hill so he could get his men on even ground. However, now his archers were being attacked. It appeared that he did not place his men far away enough.
    "Move the archers up. Send the spearmen after them. The archers must be protected!" Ordered Nicolas.
    The battle was heating up, both sides were pouring arrows at each other. Men were dying left and right. Soon the enemy spearmen showed themselves and went ahead of their archer line. To counter this, Nicolas sent 300 spearmen to charge at the enemy spearmen.
    Soon Faolan was dead, as he died Nicolas joined the melee. The battle was soon over

The battle had cost over 200 Avalonian lives, but it was worth it if a rebellion was crushed.
    The year was now 243, and Arthur had an army to complete his quest. The army numbered over 2000.

Chapter IV Quest on Tethra Part I

Spring of 243, Lancelot had surrounded a mighty Medici army. The Medici were surrounded by a coalition of Avalonian and Chevalier forces. The Battle of Valloix was about to begin.
    Battle of Valloix

Under Lancelot's command were over 2000 men, with 1200 Chevalier allied forces. The Medici had about 1000 commanded by Nero "the Profane" Medici leader of the Medici. The two Chevalier armies were commanded by Captain Colet and Captain Foucher. The Chevalier armies were mostly composed of spearmen, whereas the Medici is composed of a balance of foot and mounted soldiers. Lancelot was at a disadvantage though, he had no archers.

The battle began on a rainy Thursday morning. The battlefield was split in half by a dip in the valley.
    Lancelot did not know where Nero would deploy his forces so, Lancelot created a wide front with his deployment.
    Seeing Nero's deployment, Lancelot sent 300 spearmen and 100 swordsmen to take the hilltop on Nero's left flank.
    The squires that Lancelot deployed on the front were itching to fight so he sent them and 200 swordsmen to move forward and taunt the Medici to bring the fight to them. However, the ploy did not work. The Medici stood their ground.
    But soon they would need to leave it since the Chevalier's were coming from behind, which they did. Battle was now joined.
    Despite first impressions, the Medici were doing a fine job of putting up a defense. Already Lancelot had lost over a hundred men, and a unit of swordsmen were fleeing the battlefield.
    Now, those squires got their chance at a fight, the whole front line charged the Medici line, that charge was costly as the Avalonian soldiers were taking heavy fire from crossbow volleys. Lancelot had had enough of the crossbows, so he sent in the honor knights. The charge worked as scores of crossbowmen met their deaths at the end of a lance.
    However, the frontline of swordsmen began to fail. First the squires started to flee the field, then the rest of the swordsmen linee fled. But the battle was not over, the honor knights, done with the crossbowmen, charged into the enemy battle line, and created chaos.
    Soon the battle turned in the Medici favor as the Chevalier forces fled the field. Indeed, when they fled, the front Avalonian battle line started to flee.
    That did not end the battle, Lancelot sent in his reserve spearmen to attack the Medici left flank again, this time it worked completely and soon the battle was over.
    Lancelot had lost almost 1000 men, while the Chevalier forces were obliterated. The Medici forces had few survivors.
    No one knows what happened to Nero. What will be known is that this battle will be told for ages. People will talk of Nero's bravery in the face of such overwhelming foes.
    Arthur had to make a tough decision. He did not want more enemies, but it was God's will, thus he attacked the Gaelic Nations. The first battle would be outside Caerwyn, where Gaelic armies had long been gathering. Who knows why the Avalonian kings had let them gather there, but now the gatherings would stop.
    Battle of the King

The Gaelics had almost 2000 soldiers compared to Arthurs 2300.
    The Gaelics were in no hurry to attack, so Arthur sent his forces to attack. The archers were sent in to act as a vanguard. Then he sent in the honor knights to destroy Gaelic missile units.
    This worked, and soon the Gaelics attacked the Avalonian battle line. The line held, but the Gaelic line did not and they soon fled. Pockets of Gaelic units tried resisting but it was useless.

The battle was over, almost 300 Avalonians lost their lives, whilst almost 2000 Gaelics lost theirs. Now Arthur marched south to seize Porth Madog and to defeat Lulach also known as the Tyrant of Madog.
    By the end of the month, Arthur had reached Porth Madog and placed the city in a siege. Over at Knutsford, a feast was held in celebration of Lancelot's victory over the Medici. Lancelot was present at the feast, which he took advantage of by announcing an expedition west in search of a land that is filled with riches. He has also decided that he will appoint Harry, son of the king, as the new lord of Knutsford.
    The next year, 244, marked the siege of Brymaris as well as siege of Caerwyn. The Gaelics had went on the offensive and attacked the Avalon castle. The garison of Brymaris did a sortie and defeated some Gaelic forces. However, both garrisons were outnumbered, relief was nowhere near their positions.
    The second half of 244 marked a crusade to take the Castillo de Vazquez, obviously Avalon would take part. Harry would take charge of the Hospitallers and take the castle, instead of taking lordship of Knutsford.

Chapter V Quest on Tethra Part II
    Battle of Brymaris
    As the year drew to a close, the Gaelics launched their assault on Brymaris, almost 2000 men, while the Avalonians had about 1000. Defeat seemed almost certain.

The first priority was to take out the siege tower and the battering ram, thus the Avalon longbowmen fired fire arrows at the targets. The ladders would have to be dealt with by eliminating the carriers. However, this did not work as the ladders arrived at the walls anyway.
    Soon, the siege tower arrived at the wall without burning down, within minutes, Gaelic soldiers were excreted from the tower and onto the walls; the defenders had to repel them.
    The battering ram was not so lucky, it collapsed upon reaching the gates. Nicolas waited for the Gaelics next move. What would they do? Would they withdraw from battle? Not likely. Would they all use the siege tower or the ladders or both? To prepare his spearmen who were to defend the gate, he ordered them to be ready change positions at a moments notice.
    The Gaelics decided to use the siege tower, sending all of their units to climb the tower. This was to the Avalon advantage as it gave Nicolas' archers easy targets. He also ordered two companies of spearmen to help defend the wall where their comrades were busy defending the Gaelic onslaught. Nicolas and his bodyguard followed the two spearmen companies in order to boost their morale.

A half hour later something terrifying appeared: another battering ram. If it broke the gate, the Gaelics could redirect their forces to attack the gate. This time the ram would not collapse.
    The Avalonians fear was unfounded, for the Gaelics did not redirect their forces and instead focused on taking the wall via the siege tower. This worked for Avalon. About an hour later, the Gaelic army broke and fled.
    Battle of Caerwyn
    As at Brymaris, the Gaelics launched their assault on Caerwyn at roughly the same time. Avalon had roughly 700 men compared to about 600 on the Gaelic side. However, unlike Brymaris, Caerwyn would fall to the Gaelic forces.
    Chapter 5 is short because for some reason my computer is overheating faster than it used to.
    Tune in next time for the Battle of Porth Madog!
    Feel free to post comments questions and predictions
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; October 06, 2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Chapter 4 added

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Holy Grail's Vision

A good start,that crusade looks interesting enough,I can't wait to read about it. And those screenshots would be welcome.

Oh and of course get some rep.

This is a good start so far and good luck on that crusade!

Expect another update later today, this update will also include the screenshots from last night

While you guys are all waiting for the first chapter, spend your time by rereading this with the new screenshots (thank you Steam)

Nice screenshots, they definitely make the chapter easier to read. I'm looking forwards to the next installment of this AAR!

CHAPTER 1
    The Crusade Quest has been added

Not bad at all,and those screenshots help a lot by the way.

A good twist with those elephants,now I'm waiting to see what "God" has in mind.

Because I am falling in love with this story you can expEct an update tomorrow. Also you will probably notice a trend with each chapter name.
    I was going to have Arthur leave Ibellica right after the crusades but I needed a battle with those elephants as a catalyst so as you can imagine I tried searching for elephants.
    The scene with his soldiers right after the battle I imagined somewhat lime how at one point Alexander the Great was told by his soldiers that they would go no further.
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; February 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM.

I like them 'guardians'. I wonder what will be instore for Arthur when he returns to Avalon.

Chapter II
    The Coronation Quest
    has been added

I like how detailed the battle reports are, and what could Arthur's mysterious quest be?

A good chapter. The battles were well-told and the story is developing into something even more interesting. Keep this up.

Chapter III added
    Yes I know it was smaller than any other. It was more of a filler chapter. However, the next "Quest" will be split into many chapters (or maybe just one or two). As always feedback is appreciated.

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

I see that your king is a complete sell-out to the knights hospitaller !

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Nice writing mate +rep

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Nice writing mate +rep
    Hey what what about my story good sir? By the way I agree with TFO, very nicely done.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Yeah my Faustian is pretty disorganized compared to this

Chapter IV added. This one is image heavy. Sorry about how there is a lack of description for the Battle of the King, I was mostly paying attention to the honor knights and other fringe units, but I did like how all of a sudden the enemy just started to flee.
    For now chapters are going to be short (having two or three battles), this is because school is not over and RL is more important, but I will not forget to update this AAR! I am now going to get some dinner.

It makes me want to start a campaign with Avalon... Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast