Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrows and bodies

Default Arrows and bodies

So the arrows in my game don't stay, and I'm playing with everything on Ultra except Water, Grass, Sky and Shadows are on Medium. Could it be grass that's making the arrows in bodies and on the ground disappear after awhile?

And on my brothers computer, his settings are locked to lower than what his computer is capable of and it's making his bodies disappear.
    Any way to override that and manually set his settings especially making his bodies stay, because lets be honest, a lot of what makes Total War so great is seeing the carnage of the battle afterward.

Default Re: Arrows and bodies

Afaik the bodies will stay until the maximum amount of bodies aloud to be present at one time is reached, at which point the oldest bodies will fade. Higher settings most likely increase this cap enough that all bodies stay, they all stay in my battles.

However, in the very first tutorial battle, a large amount of rebels are fighting in the background of the tutorial, across the river. This combat is creating bodies at a high rate, and I noticed, that even on high settings, bodies in my first tutorial battle disappeared very fast.

In the later battles the bodies stayed as normal.

I'd imagine arrows have a similar sort of cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz66 View Post
    Afaik the bodies will stay until the maximum amount of bodies aloud to be present at one time is reached, at which point the oldest bodies will fade. Higher settings most likely increase this cap enough that all bodies stay, they all stay in my battles.

However, in the very first tutorial battle, a large amount of rebels are fighting in the background of the tutorial, across the river. This combat is creating bodies at a high rate, and I noticed, that even on high settings, bodies in my first tutorial battle disappeared very fast.

In the later battles the bodies stayed as normal.

I'd imagine arrows have a similar sort of cap.
    So even on Ultra, bodies disappeared?

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

Would someone explain this obsession with arrows sticking into things to me?
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

We all like gore and realism.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Ward View Post
    Would someone explain this obsession with arrows sticking into things to me?
    They are all adherents to the great Chinese General, now defied Zhuge Liang, who was the really obsessed with arrow sticking, he sent boats to the enemy camp of Cao Cao, so that the enemy will shoot at the boats just to see more arrows sticking.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    We all like gore and realism.
    And how can you tell, given that most of the time the game is viewed from about 30ft in the air?
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?

When I zoom in I want to see blood and guts, and arrows sticking out of people etc...

I agree that's preferable, I just don't see how it's risen to the OMG BIGGEST ISSUE FACING SHOGUN 2, NEEDS A 100 THREADS ABOUT ARROWS STICKING INTO THINGS TO MONITOR LATEST DEVELOPMENTS ON ARROW STICKING INTO THINGS STORY IN MINUTE DETAIL level it seems to have.

Unless you guys are doing a subtle parody of 24 hours news, in which case... well played.

I don't reaaly care about it tbh.The AI is what matters most not fancy gfx.

honestly i have never given arrows sticking into bodies any thought before

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    They are all adherents to the great Chinese General, now defied Zhuge Liang, who was the really obsessed with arrow sticking, he sent boats to the enemy camp of Cao Cao, so that the enemy will shoot at the boats just to see more arrows sticking.

As much as I love Red Cliff, I have to say that this ingenious idea was actually not done by Zhuge Liang, but by Sun Quan.

Speaking of gore has anyone noticed that there are wounded men on the ground now?

After one of my units were engaged and then pushed back, I noticed several guys squirming in agony on the ground. One was trying to drag himself away and so forth. Of course eventually they all died but I thought it was interesting to see fatally wounded men even when the battle line goes elsewhere.

Icon14 Re: Arrows and bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post

Hahahaha, yes, agreed! Thank you General Zhuge!

Wonderful movie btw.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Speaking of gore has anyone noticed that there are wounded men on the ground now?

After one of my units were engaged and then pushed back, I noticed several guys squirming in agony on the ground. One was trying to drag himself away and so forth. Of course eventually they all died but I thought it was interesting to see fatally wounded men even when the battle line goes elsewhere.
    I loved this, but I'm a little disappointed we don't see any decapitation animations (though I know it's a bit of a stretch). They'd be sticking their neck out for that.

Theres no blood, do you really think they'd do decapitations, not likely.

Dath1's Avatar Civis

We need a mod to make arrows stick around longer in general. I remember a mod for M2TW that made arrows permanent, was awesome after a big battle.

"I Came, I Saw, I Conquered." - Gaius Julius Caesar.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Theres no blood, do you really think they'd do decapitations, not likely.
    I often wonder if the CA devs wouldnt have special versions of the games they created ,with decapitations and the like,just for themselfs
    Last edited by MorganH.; March 15, 2011 at 05:31 PM.

Dath1's Avatar Civis

We need a mod for permanent arrows!

"I Came, I Saw, I Conquered." - Gaius Julius Caesar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast