Thread: Uninstalled DarthMod - Unit Sizes Are Still To Big

Default Uninstalled DarthMod - Unit Sizes Are Still To Big

DarthMod's great but the unit sizes were way to big and lagged me to no end.

So I uninstalled it via the uninstall icon in my S2TW folder and it said it uninstalled DarthMod successfully. So I resstart my PC and Unit Sizes are still way to big.

I have unit size set to small in my settings because the game plays so smooth on Small, yet the average unit size is like 300 still.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xsvspitfire - NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED DAILY
    Featuring Videos of: BF3, Bastion, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 & World In Conflict
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

Crazyeyesreaper's Avatar Primicerius
    Citizen

Default Re: Uninstalled DarthMod - Unit Sizes Are Still To Big

check the mod / tutorial threads for either empire or napoleon its a simple edit you go into a preference file change the unit multipler thing and presto unit sizes normal again,

you can easily keep darthmod and edit the unit size. seriously just google it
    CPU: i7 3770K 4.6GHz / i7 4930K 4.4 GHz / i7 4770K 4.6 GHz
    CPU HSF: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro / Review Samples / Review Samples
    MOBO: Biostar TZ77XE4 / ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Champion / MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    GPU: Integrated / GTX 780 / HD 5450 Passive
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same
    CASE: Nanoxia DS1 / Nanoxia DS1 / Lian Li Test Bench
    HDD: 160 HDD / 512GB SSD + 120GB SSD + 5.5TB HDD / 60gb SSD

Theres a thread (too lazy to look for it atm) telling you how to increase unit size beyond ultra (200 yari ashi) manually. DarthMod does it for you. However, if you want to keep unitsize small, just pull the slider in game setting to "small" as before, the config size will adjust accordingly. Or push it to medium, start a new camp, then pull it back to small to start your new campaign with darthmod.

in the newest version, he's set an option to keep the unit sizes the same.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

If you run Windows 7 (and it probably works for XP), go to this location:

C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts

Obviously, put your own name in there. There'll be a script file and the multiplier you need to change will be something like 7 lines down.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Quote Originally Posted by HissingNewt View Post
    If you run Windows 7 (and it probably works for XP), go to this location:

C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts

Obviously, put your own name in there. There'll be a script file and the multiplier you need to change will be something like 7 lines down.
    I see this:
    campaign_unit_multiplier 2; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign #
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xsvspitfire - NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED DAILY
    Featuring Videos of: BF3, Bastion, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 & World In Conflict
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

change it to 1 then.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Like RayvenQ said, change it to 1 (or anything else you want) and you'll be set. Additionally, if you want to go into the properties panel for that document and set it to Read Only, that wouldn't hurt.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

For OP, as stated above - change the 2 to a 1.

In General: I think Shogun 2 requires a different mindset to recent TW games. Full turtle and develop doesn't work with 1 or 2 provinces. Full attack doesn't work with 5 militia. The economy is tighter, trade nodes aren't safe, some things require specific research and / or commodities just to get up. Not to mention the tighter map making blitzkriegs both ways possible and potentially game ending.

Result? Initially, vet TW players will likely have a few losses and think "Geez, wtf, and damn it's hard!" But continued play results in a better understanding and appreciation for the game as it stands - a few bugs and glitches aside.

As far as Darthmod is concerned, the posting times don't suggest to me that even Darth could've played the vanilla game anywhere near long enough to appreciate what if anything actually needs (or could use) changing. But sure enough, out comes an overhaul that just keeps getting bigger. And the first things that changed was "I can't handle the economy" and "I can't handle archers" so one got a massive buff and the other got nerfed.

Learn to play it as is and you might discover just how compelling the vanilla game is. Then tweak in little bits. Overhauls at this stage are in my opinion grossly premature.

Hes trying to turn Shogun 2 into a more "traditional" tw title, which is why its not as enjoyable as the previous DMs to me. Vanilla Shogun 2 does a pretty good job balancing the game, esp. on campaign map with Blitz style - you bring everything to take down your neighbor risking the other neighbor stabbing you on the back, which is quite realistic regarding warfare at that time. Archer might be (much?) stronger than before, but again, majority of casualty in medieval Japan battles was from arrows. The only grip I have was the arcadish playstyle, but I had another mod for that.

He def. needs to play vanilla game more. MUCH more.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Hes trying to turn Shogun 2 into a more "traditional" tw title, which is why its not as enjoyable as the previous DMs to me. Vanilla Shogun 2 does a pretty good job balancing the game, esp. on campaign map with Blitz style - you bring everything to take down your neighbor risking the other neighbor stabbing you on the back, which is quite realistic regarding warfare at that time. Archer might be (much?) stronger than before, but again, majority of casualty in medieval Japan battles was from arrows. The only grip I have was the arcadish playstyle, but I had another mod for that.

He def. needs to play vanilla game more. MUCH more.
    This. The playstyle is more aracadish than the previous titles, but seriously, rome was even more aracadish. The battle lengths are similar to rome's. (Without the 30 min HA spam battles)