Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great 3 'bigger' mods already out...

Default Great 3 'bigger' mods already out...

Now to decide which one to use...

Although I guess it's really 2, since Toon's All in One includes DMS...

What have you guys been using, if any?
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Great 3 'bigger' mods already out...

i like The Rights of Man so far. Yarkis has done some nice things with his mod

Senator

I have started useing TROM3. It is good, especialy the campain changes. Oda have survived and started runing things in the east. I don't know if it is the changes or the fact that I uped the dificulty but it certanly got harder for me to play. The battles are alot longer and a little slower paced. With the moral base changes and the movment rates the battles play out without things resulting in giant routs after units drop a few men.

Once some proper tools come out and things get rolling it looks like it will be one of the better mods.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

So far, I like the sound of TROM the most. I still haven't used any because I want to beat Legendary on my own without any non-developer made changes, but that's what I'll be getting once that is done.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Quote Originally Posted by HissingNewt View Post
    So far, I like the sound of TROM the most. I still haven't used any because I want to beat Legendary on my own without any non-developer made changes, but that's what I'll be getting once that is done.
    Yea that's what I've been thinking. After I finish my current campaign TROM looks great. Darth is the great dark lord and everything, but I don't like the direction DMS is going...
    My machine:

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

My loyalty is with DMS and i shall continue playing DMS. Let's hope that Darth will quickly balance out the main issues and make the game a challenge
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    My loyalty is with DMS and i shall continue playing DMS. Let's hope that Darth will quickly balance out the main issues and make the game a challenge
    Fair enough. I'll probably hold out on DLing a mod for awhile until the changes make more sense.
    My machine:

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolfmxc View Post
    Was all excited that they added the new units for the SP campaign, especially the Loan Sword Ashigaru (want them so bad for an Oda campaign), then I saw they put in a bunch of unit limits. Ugh. Total kick in the nuts.
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikat View Post
    Was all excited that they added the new units for the SP campaign, especially the Loan Sword Ashigaru (want them so bad for an Oda campaign), then I saw they put in a bunch of unit limits. Ugh. Total kick in the nuts.
    Yea those limits are a deal breaker.
    My machine:

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    i like The Rights of Man so far. Yarkis has done some nice things with his mod

Same

whatsh the dieefedrence between the three mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    whatsh the dieefedrence between the three mods?
    I am basically wondering the same thing. I know what the differences are, but in terms of playing what is the difference.
    My machine:

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

The Rights of Man is the best so far.

Go look at the readme on the mod pages, it is clearly laid out. TROM is more subtle and not as overreaching as some.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

I'm still waiting for a mod that start in 1530 , gets rid of "katana" named units ( which is a huge offence to historical accuracy ) and instead give secondary sword weapons to samurai foot archers and samurai yari units (like in real life ) , also gives secondary "tachi" sword to horse archers and yari cavalry when they are in melee .

I'm still waiting for horse archers to be improved too . Their efficiency in game is ridiculous while in real life , they were sought for because they were highly trained and were deadly on the battlefield , especially in the first part of the 16th century when troops had less protection than later , they used a high quality longbow with longer and heavier arrows with special arrowheads which was clearly superior to what ashigarus archers were using , both in range and power ) .

Overall , the mods so far address campaign gameplay issues for the most part , i think they are nice and i'm grateful that i can play them , but i'm still waiting for a major overhaul of the game by even bigger mods , a bit like Stainless steel did for M2TW

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by DeMolay View Post
    Overall , the mods so far address campaign gameplay issues for the most part , i think they are nice and i'm grateful that i can play them , but i'm still waiting for a major overhaul of the game by even bigger mods , a bit like Stainless steel did for M2TW
    You'll be waiting a long time then.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Yep .. i think you are right sadly , but i will wait because i have been waiting for 8 years for a TW game coming back to Japan , i just love this period of history and culture , and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone , so hopefully some will attempt to improve it after some time , maybe in 1 year or so , when the attention of the mainstream will have switched to other games , and only the faithful and hardcore passionated guys of Sengoku Jidai will still be playing it and will want improvements

Anyways , i think that compared to a mod like Stainless steel which was massive as it addressed many different cultures , i think Shogun 2 would necessitate a lighter mod , all the new units and graphics that took so much time for M2TW will not be needed that much with Shogun .

I think for example , some simple name changes : for example the unit " Katana samurais " : we know that this unit i supposed to represent the lowly class of samurais that could not afford a horse and/or a Yumi longbow , and carried a usually low quality uchigatana sword and few protection on the battlefield . So the modding required here would be minimal , just change the name of the unit , stats (lower armour , defence ) and change the texture of the unit so that they are less flashy colours and look more "poor" than currently

I think a lot of changes like that which are light could greatly improve the immersion IMHO
    Last edited by DeMolay; March 27, 2011 at 09:25 PM.

I'm currently playing with Darthmod + Shogun Realism, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    The Rights of Man is the best so far.

Go look at the readme on the mod pages, it is clearly laid out. TROM is more subtle and not as overreaching as some.
    True. It concerns me though how DarthMod has that many more views/replies though. Is it believed to be better based on its popularity? Hmm..
    My machine:

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

who said its better? He did excellent work with Empire TW, thats why everyone is there. THat and peeps helping him to refine it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast