Thread: New to Rome mods

Default New to Rome mods

I dusted off my Rome TW. Been wanting to play a dark ages mod for awhile. So I browsed the forums and found this and RoG and NI which all seem very well put together. Hopefully tonight I can get my install working past 1.4 and get to try this out. I love the period and factions represented. I think I might make the men of Leinester into a Munster/Thomond faction though. My ancestors hailed from Thomond and were allies of Brian Boru and the Clan O'Briain. Just wanted to say thanks for what looks to be an amazing mod!
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

Default Re: New to Rome mods

We'll be happy to read your feedback once you've played the mod!

Default Re: New to Rome mods

Got to play some last night! Started playing around 6pm and was addicted. Took a break to watch a basketball game then stayed up til 4 am. I fired up a campaign as West Saxons, changed nothing but the colors for the factions on the minimap, and loved it. The Danes blitzed me early on and I wasn't prepared for that. Took all I had to repel them twice. After a brief lull I was able to get my economy going somewhat but then East Anglia attacked me.

It was also hard for me to get any type of alliances with any nearby Saxon factions, which I like. Finally allied with the Irish and Scots. Then Northumbria I think. And I'm on the default difficulty which I'll need to bump up on my next campaign.

I like the how my economy tanks as soon as I get a stack and then booms once I disband them. This is a very well balanced mod. I'm over 30 turns in and most factions are still 3-5 settlements.

Definitely the best mod I've played for Rome. Its the only mod I've played so far. But I would be very surprised to find another mod better than this. I wished Kingdoms had a mod that portrayed the Isles during this time frame.
    Last edited by chris7ian; February 24, 2011 at 03:03 PM.
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?