Thread: RANK FIRE..missing?

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default RANK FIRE..missing?

So i dont have rank fire. 1. and 2. line will shoot, but wont kneel..They shoot just like first line in vanilla NTW..
    You get it?
    Whats wrong?
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Default Re: RANK FIRE..missing?

This mod doesn't have Empire's Fire by rank if thats what your asking. The first two lines should shoot simultaneously, by the Napoleonic Wars fire by rank had essentially become obsolete. The first two ranks, and maybe some of the third, should fire at the same time, and each soldier will fire as soon as they reload.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by bassguitar2345 View Post
    This mod doesn't have Empire's Fire by rank if thats what your asking. The first two lines should shoot simultaneously, by the Napoleonic Wars fire by rank had essentially become obsolete. The first two ranks, and maybe some of the third, should fire at the same time, and each soldier will fire as soon as they reload.

Thanx
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Alan.rio's Avatar Libertus

However, platoon fire is missing too, was that not a standard drill for British line infantry?

I don't think any type of firing drill has been implemented in the mod, the firing drills tend to stack the odds even further against the AI, the dual rank fire used in most Napoleon Total War mods (NER included) works really well.

Platoon fire as it is implemented in ETW is faulty. From historical perspective - one peloton was one company - which was 120-150men or 1/8 of the unit. So to have it right, unit should fire in 8 separate salvos. instead in ETW unit is firing by small group of 9 men max, which is only 1/8 of unit if size of unit is 72men... so with large units of 300 men it is no longer peloton fire (40 men had to fire)...