Thread: The difference?

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Default The difference?

Hola folks,
    ive recently got again the taste to play some TW games and roamed around untested mods for RTW. Skipping the Roman period which alraedy has my favorite, I looked to post roman timeframe. To cut long story short - what is the difference between Viking and Norman invasion? They seem kind of much same to me...

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Default Re: The difference?

Comparing the two "mod info" threads should answer that, actually.

I went through those but to me, the Norman inv seems like a patch to Viking invasion.

Roman Rebel
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

It's a sequel, if you want, not a patch. There are many similarities naturally, as VI2 was used as a base for NI and the people behind the two were largely the same, but there are also differences, mostly gameplay-related. I hope you didn't expect radical differences in two mods that cover the same area with a timeframe difference of a couple hundred years.

No no no. I was merely curious about which one to pick as first. However I now ran into a problem, or maybe mistake on my part, however I am still up to asking - does having Anthology prevents me in any way from correctly installing and playing? I got BI and ALX in one huge folder and I seem to be unable to run the game after installing it.

Roman Rebel
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

They are different mods, doesn't matter one you pick first actually. I generally like the VI2 setting more myself, so I'd start with that.

BI and Alex in one huge folder? Not sure I'm following. Alexander should be in "RTW/alexander/" and BI in "RTW/bi/", where "RTW" = your main RTW installation folder. Whatever the case, NI is fully modfoldered, so it shouldn't affect vanilla at all, as it is installed in its own "RTW/bi/ni" directory.