Thread: BOTH exotic and standard ?

Default BOTH exotic and standard ?

Well, I was playing with my Greek Empire, and long about 200 BCE Rome picked a fight. So it was time for Total war against Rome ! The mere thought that the Romans could easily raid my sea trade is absolutely intolerable ! Death to Rome !
    But, anyway, by that time Rome had swallowed up most of Germany.
    So, after I walked up the Italian boot, I was still obliged to swallow up Germany as well, because, at this point , peace is entirely out of the question.
    So I moved into Germany.
    Rome had built substantial Auxiliary barracks in Germany. I did not bother to demolish them, but I went for the direct Greek control option. I have enough Regional Allied Tributaries as is, because I'm like a little girl in a candy store, I can't have enough different exotic troop types.
    Anyway, be that as it may, I have a real fetish for Greek Hoplites. Hoplites are the core and backbone of my army.
    So I went in for direct control.
    Then I noticed something odd ;
    Though the province was under direct control, I could STILL recruit from the high-level Auxilliary barracks !
    So now I wonder, can you go Regional Allied Tributary, then build the high level Auxilliary barracks, then demolish the Regional Allied Tributary, build colonies and direct control, and thus, eventually, recruit, for example, BOTH Basternae Falxmen and Agranian Infantry Auxilliaries, AND standard Greek troop types like Greek Hoplites, in the SAME city , Sardica ?

Default Re: BOTH exotic and standard ?

Oh ! I just thought of something else !

Is there any place on the map where you can recruit Celtic troop types as Auxiliary ? Of course Celtic Swordsmen are easy to come by recruiting them in the field, but you can't retrain / replenish them.
    The Celts have some nice troop types. And its a Scottish-ethnicity girl inside this Hoplite armor here.
    I do have some Celto-Hellenic Hoplites though, expensive as they are.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

We cannot control what you can recruit once the barracks have been built, however either high level barracks or factional government should be not buildable until you demolish the aux ones.
    Let me know if that is working properly, if not I'll have to fix it for next release.

BTW, celtic swordsmen recruitment has been made more widely available in the upcoming version.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    We cannot control what you can recruit once the barracks have been built,
    ? Like I said, in the case of Germany, it was the Romans, not my Greek States, that built the high level Auxilliary barracks.
    I neglected to demolish them, and then discovered that I could recruit Germans from the Roman-built Auxilliary barracks.

however either high level barracks or factional government should be not buildable until you demolish the aux ones.
    Oh ! ok! Though I have, at present, over-run most of Germany, the process of developing Germany has just started. That is, I have built military occupation, and the next step up. But I have not even started yet on the step beyond that ; Stationary Garrisoning. And, of course, I certainly haven't built any Greek City barracks. So perhaps that explains it.

Let me know if that is working properly, if not I'll have to fix it for next release.
    Ok, as development in Germany progresses I'll note what happens or doesn't happen and report back . Yay ! I get to work on XC Mod ( a very little ) !

BTW, celtic swordsmen recruitment has been made more widely available in the upcoming version.
    Yay ! That's a very pretty unit . Not bad fighters either.