Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mejii Restoration

Praepositus

Default Mejii Restoration

Ooh shogun 2 is boring

Why not making us all Tom Cruise and make a bit more interesting !!!

JOTHEGREEK PROPOSING
    Mejii Restoration

Last edited by jo the greek; February 22, 2011 at 05:09 PM.

Default Re: Mode proposal Mejii Restoration

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

The Meiji restoration wouldn't make a bad mod, but you would probably need to be able to put in Napoleon unit textures with Japanese faces to make it work. The naval combat would also be totally different.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

I oppose this proposal.

I suggest a BAKUMATSU Mod.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Well for now he could just keep Shogun 2 textures and plug in Tom Cruise's face.

Praepositus

Hmm it seems people here have no idead what Mejii restoration is

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    Hmm it seems people here have no idead what Mejii restoration is
    TOM CRUISE!

Praepositus

Apart from that nothing

was just thinking about this today actually, i would totally be down for a boshin war/satsuma rebellion mod. could even extend it with scenarios for the sino-japanese war and russo-japanese wars, as they all fit into the late ETW, pre ww1 tech side of things, so it would be easy enough to share assets.

could have it setup satsuma/choshu vs tokugawa alliance, upto loyalist faction to court support and get the major provinces on side, or takeover and form a united front (so starting map would probably be a similar setup to shogun with all the different diamyo, just not everyone at their throats from the get go XD).

could have 'floating' western powers who arn't allowed to fight each other, get offmap reinforcements then can bargain with the 2 sides for territory etc... in return for military aid

i don't think posting a picture of tom cruise in the first post is the best way to garner support from people who might know about the subject however...

This could be a great mod I think.

Could be interesting but might be better suited for a NTW/ETW mod, as stated.
    Coming soon.

While a Mejii Restoration mode is an incredibly cool, and good idea, I don't think it falls within the scope of what this game is capable of.

It would be like modding the industrial revolution into Medieval 2.

A Mejii Restoration mod would require much more than simply a map of Japan. At this time, Japan was being influenced heavily by the European world, and exerting their own influence on the mainland in Korea, and China.

Naval combat would be far more akin to Napoleon era, or even beyond, into the era of steam.

I'm not saying it would be impossible (in fact I know very little of what is possible with Total War modding), I'm just saying it would take a tremendous overhaul.

since its an incremental improvement on the ETW engine, i don't see how there would be massive issues in implementing some of the old features.

bearing in mind there are already going to be firearms in the game, and the presence of firearms, while important, was no where near as pervasive as in the contemporary European conflicts during the boshin war

I love hollywood representations of history (derp) and all the completely accurate things they show (derp) its full of win!

Tom Cruise is a .

wolfshart79:

I second Blitz66 points.

The only real war of the meji restauration, was the Boshin campaign, which lastet one year.
    You would need a game that have a focuses on economy (industrialisation) and politics.
    A Meji Restauration Mod fit games like Europa Universalis III or Victoria II and it's possibilities. But you would miss the desired action in those games.

there was alot of fighting and politics going down in such a short span, relatively, that i think an interesting scenario could be made of it. economic models like industrialisation or whatever would not be the scope of this, it would more be along the lines of the original shogun which concerns itself mostly with just the simple raising of an army, manoeuvres, diplomacy between other daimyos and foreign presence and of course the tactical battles.

satsuma rebellion in the 70's could probably also feature

which is why i think the 'meiji restoration' would be a bad title for the project, as it wouldn't be about the restoration or modernisation movements at all.

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Mejii Restoration

if this is successful then I might get Shogun. Good luck

Shogun 2 is not boring if done right. But I also think it would be great to see a Meiji Restoration mod. You could take some of the units from Empire/Napoleon and tweak them around to fit into S2.

Augment's Avatar Senator

Don't do it unless you create every model (gatling guns, rifles, cannon etc) from scratch.
    Not like that WW1 mod for NTW where a vickers machinegun is just a puckle gun model.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Great ideas! Really looking forward to it!

From what I am seeing ANY mod in Japan that doesn't need to add factions should be workable!
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast