View Poll Results: Shall he get citizenship?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 91.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

1 8.33%

Thread: [Artifex Application]Okmin (Patron: The Lizard King)

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Default [Artifex Application]Okmin (Patron: The Lizard King)

Okmin Greetings Consilium de Civitate! I come before you today... well, actually I wrote this and you’re reading it today, because I wish to become a Citizen. Specifically, an Artifex. I want to be a Citizen because TWC is my home on the Internet, and I hope I can make it better. (The shiny Artifex badge is a plus)

How I found TWC, and my brief history here.
    I’m pretty sure I found TWC when I was thinking of buying ETW. I had Rome for a few years, but somehow never got into mods for it. First thing I saw in the Empire forums was DarthMod, and I’ve mainly worked there ever since. I joined in May last year to answer questions people had in the main ETW forums as well as the DM ones. Meanwhile I’d been reading the modding tutorials and decided to try my hand at it.

And that brings us to my modding career.
    My first mod was a request in the DM forums:
    The Lithuania Sub-mod (it was a pretty simple mod, just change the flag and some small startpos edits)
    One thing leads to another, and MatrixStorm found me from that mod. He asked for help doing flags for the Italian nations, since they didn’t get new ones after a revolution. That eventually became:
    Minor Faction Revolutionary Flags Sub-mod
    Minor Faction Revolutionary Flags for Vanilla
    That was a success, and once again I worked with MatrixStorm to make a new version of the dead Sikh sub-mod. The idea was to add Sikh religious buildings, activate Punjab, and remove the unit limit on Punjab’s Sikh units (while leaving the limited ones for other nations, if they conquered the place). That went really well, but trying to add priests didn’t work. The mod’s localisation entries are now part of Swiss’s UPC.
    Sikh Sub-mod
    Around the same time, I spent a couple minutes making what I don’t really consider a mod as much as glorified text editing, but it does improve the game experience a bit. Basically I just renamed factions, for example, from Prussia to Kingdom of Prussia.
    Historical and Modern Faction Names (it’s in the DMUC sub-mod forums, but it works with vanilla)
    I took a request and made the One Turn Recruitment, Building, Research Sub-Mod for DMUC, just a few DB edits.

It was round this time that I became a Beta Tester for DarthMod.

For a few months I didn’t do much other than introduce Fortes to the DM Sub-mod forums and answer questions around the forums. Recently though, I’ve done the flags for the Victoria Mod (voted Most Promising ETW Mod 2010), I also made the logo and I’m responsible for our planned completely new technology tree. I started taking mod requests along with shokh and Fortes (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=419906), and I also made a few flags on request.

My modding profile: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=422391

Guides and sort-of-a-tool
    I wrote a few guides, including a complete list of what every entry in the loc is for.
    Guide to ETW's Loc
    How to Change Faction's Turn Order in ETW

And here’s my contribution to map modding, just a little something to speed the process up.
    Batch Script for crux3D's "Stupid" tool

Other random stuff
    In the 2010 Modding Awards (ETW), I came in 3rd for Favorite DB Editer and 2nd for Rising Star.

Ishan recently hired me to Content Staff (the Wiki team). I just don’t have my name in blue yet.

Finally, my attempt to diversify, I’m involved in a small religious debate with J.Philp.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this, and thanks to TheLizardKing for patronizing me

I was recently contacted my Okmin about the process in which one becomes a Citizen/Artifex of Total War Center, and how he'd go about getting a patron. After a short discussion, I volunteered myself for the role. I was shocked that Okmin had never been offered a patron before.

I have taken a short break from Total War Center the past year, but found myself coming back more and more, until eventually I have attempted to become a regular once more. I have frequented the Empire Total War section of the forums, and had constantly seen Okmin active in responding to players questions, offering his opinions to others, and just literaly posting everywhere. What is more important however, is that what he has to say is actually helpful, and he is always kind and courteous while doing so. Plain and simple, Okmin is the type of person that is what I view as an ideal Citizen- a nice, intellegent, well-meaning and well-tempered individual. But with Okmin's E:TW modding ability, he wishes to pursue the title of Artifex.

E:TW, through all of it's faults has led to some normal users become big names in the Total War modding world, with Fortes as a prime example. Okmin has had his hand in quite a few Total War modifications, which he has highlighted himself. While some of these are on the smaller end of things, he has constantly improved his work, and his abilities with each release of his mods, and is currently involved in Victoria: Total War, and has done quite a bit for what has been voted the most anticipated E:TW mod of 2011.

Overall, Okmin would make an excellent Artifex, for all the reasons I said above. He is a bright guy, with a lot of potential in terms of modding, along with a great track record in being an all-around good member. So I humbly request that you vote him in for the title of Artifex.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [Artifex Application]Okmin (Patron: The Lizard King)

A fine man and a fine modder. No moderator interactions. I think I will be voting yes. \O/

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

I like the work Okmin does...creative, and fills niches. Nice guy, polite, and cool modding work. Yes from me.

Has some good modding skills, no moderation problems and seems like a pleasant guy. Leaning towards a yes at the moment.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Guides and tools (well kinda tools) in addition to activities with mods themselves. A good candidate.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Content Emeritus

Poll added.

I had some interactions with this guy as he recently joined the wiki team and he is very friendly and co-operative. He has got what it takes so an easy yes from me.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I like what I've seen of his modding career so far and I hope he continues and builds upon his already good quality work. He seems to be a helpful and friendly member so with all these factors combined, I'll go for a "yes" vote.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Fairly good candidate. Yes from me.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

modding shoo in

I'm definitely noticing a trend that we either ALL vote yes or all vote no depending on the candidate and there are very few close votes these days. But I can't really blame the CdeC when the candidates are as no-brainer yes's as this.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

O ya, I remember this guy. I meant to go back and contact him after I ran across his flag submod. I thought he had done some good work and had a great attitude. I would have like to patronize him myself.

Will be a yes from me.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

A glowing paragraph of support from the patron, Okmin seems to be a solid candidate for Citizenship. His modding contributions while small in size are great in number. In this case quantity is equal to quality. A clean history and good posting habits and helpfulness demands that I say vote yes on his application.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

Content Emeritus

Passed. PM's pending.