Thread: Glorious Achievements

Default Glorious Achievements

I always loved the glorious achievement victory conditions in the old MTW. I am not sure why this was not included in RTW. I mean conquering provinces etc is ok but I always found it more fun and interesting winning the campaign through glorious achievements.

I hope CA re-introduces this in the MII-TW victory conditions.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Yes GA was a nice touch. I hope they reintroduce it.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Sorry but could you guys explain what glorious achievements is?

"Non, je n'ai point de réponse à faire à votre général que par la bouche de mes canons et de mes fusils."
    "No, I have no answer for your general than by the mouths of my canons and rifles,"

-Louis de Buade de Frontenac, Governor of New France

Leon Trotsky's Avatar Libertus
    I move around a lot. But I am NOT going back to Canada.

Yeah, I'm kinda in the dark about 'Glorious Achievements' victory conditions, too.
    “You may not be interested in strategy, but strategy is interested in you.” - Leon Trotsky

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Essentially, you'd look upon the glorious achievement screen, and it would say, for example, Dominate 2/3 of north sea/baltic trade by year so and so, or build a cathedral in this province by this date, make sure you do not lose these provinces, gain these provinces, etc etc. Basically, a way to make campaigns a bit more like the real historical progression of things.

Leon Trotsky's Avatar Libertus
    I move around a lot. But I am NOT going back to Canada.

oh ok. thx.

the one in R:TW made sense. It basically consited of: End the Republic and Establish an Empire (although the conditions for the other factions were disgraceful). Those conditions sound a bit... restrictive. I'd like a bit of freedom.
    “You may not be interested in strategy, but strategy is interested in you.” - Leon Trotsky

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Trotsky
    oh ok. thx.

the one in R:TW made sense. It basically consited of: End the Republic and Establish an Empire (although the conditions for the other factions were disgraceful). Those conditions sound a bit... restrictive. I'd like a bit of freedom.
    They weren't restrictive at all, along with various unique objectives different factions would get different points for capturing provinces. For example the Turks might get 1 GA point for every 2 provinces captured, this is to show how expansionist they were, however Aragon might get 2 GA points for every province captured.

The various different objectives weren't complusory at all, you didn't have to do them (you got a lot of points launching a crusade to Jerusalem but boy was it hard to get there and THEN capture it!) however you could if you wanted extra GA points.

Man, this GA thing sounds really interesting! Shame I haven't ever tried that but I shall soon... (yes, I still play it 'cause I find it better than RTW)

I wonder, like you guys, why this wasn't included in RTW (the Senate was basically like this don't ya think?)? It would've made the game slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by KonserniJohtaja
    Man, this GA thing sounds really interesting! Shame I haven't ever tried that but I shall soon... (yes, I still play it 'cause I find it better than RTW)

I wonder, like you guys, why this wasn't included in RTW (the Senate was basically like this don't ya think?)? It would've made the game slightly better.
    No, GA weren't like the senate missions AT ALL. Sorry if my description seemed like they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffy
    No, GA weren't like the senate missions AT ALL.
    It wasn't? Man, I gotta try it out some day. I really enjoy playing MTW but conquering the whole map can get boring some times. GA might just solve that problem...

Quote Originally Posted by KonserniJohtaja
    It wasn't? Man, I gotta try it out some day. I really enjoy playing MTW but conquering the whole map can get boring some times. GA might just solve that problem...
    GA was for me the sole point of playing MTW1...the global conquest after some point becomes a chore, in GA mode if you roleplay your faction and play with iron man rules its the best TW experience...

Hellenes
    THE PROPAGANDA FUNDER:
    http://www.hri.org/news/misc/misc-ne.../95-03-20.misc
    To subdue the greeks we need to strike in their history and their tradition and their identity.
    Henry Kissiger

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

GA added alot of replayability to MTW. It gave you something to do after conquering the world a few time with every faction. Now you get to try to hit these a few times with every faction. :wink:
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant