Thread: Music files, why you trouble me?

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Music files, why you trouble me?

I just added a new culture, and, in the process, I had to add a few files to my modfoldered mod that hadn't been in there before:
    export_descr_sounds_units_battle_events.txt
    export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt
    descr_sounds_music.txt
    descr_sounds_stratmap.txt
    descr_sounds_prebattle.txt

The only thing I changed in these files was adding NOMAD wherever it had previously said BARBARIAN in a culture list. No file paths were altered.

I then got this error:

Copying my entire sounds directory into the modfolder worked perfectly. Interestingly, deleting events.dat caused that error, too.

Since I haven't changed any of those files, I would like to avoid making people download that 0.6gb. However, I can't figure out why they're necessary in the first place. The paths in the above files were unchanged. They all still point to data/sounds/whatever. Any idea how to fix this?
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Music files, why you trouble me?

Dangit, where'd that error screenshot go? No matter, it started working again. I'm not sure why. I think I'd forgotten to update one of the files to reflect that I'd changed the internal name of the Senate faction to Epirus.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.