Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Research - Medieval 2D Art & Loading Screens

Default Public Research - Medieval 2D Art & Loading Screens

TSARDOMS TOTAL WAR - 2D ART & LOADING SCREENS

Last edited by SpyrosM91; February 21, 2011 at 06:22 AM.

TTW GRANDMASTER

Default Loading Screens

I know this is a whole different thing but what's up with the loading screens , need help with that?
    I can hook ya guys up with some historically accurate pictorials relevant for each faction no problem !

Gonna start with few pics in a few.

let me know

Default Re: Loading Screens

This is actually an important question and I would like to get the community's opinion on this: would you prefer load screens as photoshoped screenshots of in-game battle or would you prefer medieval artwork, murals, illuminations etc. as the loading screens?

SpyrosM91's Avatar Despotes

could it be both??
    Proud Tsardoms Total War: Historian - Coder - Scripter - Mapper

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

My favourites in this category are from magyar mod. I think the best are the pictures from books of the period.

relevant magyar mod forum:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...02#post6999802

Niiice. Like them.

Will talk to dome.

TTW GRANDMASTER

Wait, just checked it out, again. You made them?

TTW GRANDMASTER

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by il_duce_! View Post
    Wait, just checked it out, again. You made them?
    nope...

Sir.Cojocarius's Avatar Civis

I would want both.. But you do not have to put to much energy into the loading screens.. atleast for I care more about the gameplay

Those type of loading screens are nice.Obviously since that particular mod has the Kingdom of Hungary at the centre the loading screens are also all about it.

Note how they have the actual nice pictures on top of that background which is a 'game given' right?
    So then all we gotta do is come up with a pool of potential pics from which the better and more representative ones can be chosen.

There should be few from each faction and ... to say the truth, in my opinion,in order for this mod to stand out even more there should rather be loading screens as the above mentioned rather than 'in game shots' - it would make it that much better!

So i sugest that all of us who arent officially involved with the mod to help out and contribute with pics which would fit with this. The 'mod guys' will only have to sort and choose, merge the pic with the background, adjust a bit and voila ! we get pretty loading screens !

How's that , good plan ?

Alright, here is a start.
    We can have many of those blended with the background and also some nice quotes of some of the particular rulers or with whatever happened in the particular screen and we got ourselves some nice loading screens.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fn2k0k2h49zk6l2

and don't be shy and comment away !

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

i don't think we should think of that for now
    it will be done when mod if finalized, so nothing in plans for now
    this is not priority
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Thanks for the contribution stfd.

I think however, (like with the ones used in the Magyar Mod loading screens) that it would be best if actual source material from the mod period was used, rather then later images such as movie screenshots and romantic artistry.

That's just my opinion though...
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

no movies.

TTW GRANDMASTER

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Quote Originally Posted by stfd View Post
    Alright, here is a start.
    We can have many of those blended with the background and also some nice quotes of some of the particular rulers or with whatever happened in the particular screen and we got ourselves some nice loading screens.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fn2k0k2h49zk6l2

and don't be shy and comment away !
    Well, I like this one very much. From which movie is it? Who's the guy on it?
    BTW, most of the bulgarian are irrelevant to the mod's timeframe, they're about FBI.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Ampra's Avatar Centenarius

We can use this as loading screen :

"At first we were confused. The East thought that we were West, while the West considered us to be East. Some of us misunderstood our place in the clash of currents, so they cried that we belong to neither side- and others that we belong exclusively to one side or the other. But I tell you, Irenaeus, we are doomed by fate to be the East in the West and the West in the East, to acknowledge only heavenly Jerusalem beyond us, and here on earth--no one." - St. Sava (of Serbia) to Irenaeus, 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by alien_t View Post
    Well, I like this one very much. From which movie is it? Who's the guy on it?
    BTW, most of the bulgarian are irrelevant to the mod's timeframe, they're about FBI.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The guy is Mircea (Mircea cel Batran)
    Ruler of Valahia at ~ 1350 , a great man which showed both wisdom and endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampra View Post
    We can use this as loading screen :

This pic shows Stefan Dusan' wedding - very nice one

Ampra's Avatar Centenarius

Well its coronation of Dusan by Paja Jovanovic
    "At first we were confused. The East thought that we were West, while the West considered us to be East. Some of us misunderstood our place in the clash of currents, so they cried that we belong to neither side- and others that we belong exclusively to one side or the other. But I tell you, Irenaeus, we are doomed by fate to be the East in the West and the West in the East, to acknowledge only heavenly Jerusalem beyond us, and here on earth--no one." - St. Sava (of Serbia) to Irenaeus, 13th century

you sure is coronation and not wedding ?
    I got this pic from a site , it was saying there is the wedding but ... you would know better than i anyway i'm not serbian not even of slavic origin so you would know better

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast