Thread: Possible merger with antiquity

Default Possible merger with antiquity

TroyTW is attemping a possible merger with antiquity total war, this may prevent the mod from dying but we will still need new coders.

we believe in all yas!

The merger has gone ahead between TroyTW and Antiquity Total War. Both mods will now share resources completely. An extended agreement is also in the works with The Levant mod.

This means that all of the active members for Troy and Antiquity have joined forces in an attempt to get both mods finished and at a high quality standard, plus we have had some new interest from other members (more members are welcome). The members are being organised into two teams, one for coding and the other for unit production. As i'm sure most fans will note the TroyTW unit have long been finished, whereas antiquity has only a few units at a standard they aren't too happy with. On the other hand antiquity has a mapper and several coders which troy was lacking.

The first three major issues that will be addressed will be:-
    1) Getting the TroyTW map working again. Our old coder did this, but left taking the knowledge with him, so the mappers from antiquity will look into this first.
    2) Getting the TroyTW code (especially unit code) finished to bring us closer to a release. Again this will mostly be new members and antiquity coders leading this task.
    3) At the same time as the code development myself and several other skinners will work on units for antiquity total war (both are long processes).

Afterwards the emphasis will change onto other topics until firstly Troy is finished and then Antiquity is finished.

The result of this deal will allow both mods to exist in their own right. This merger will not mean that elements of troy or antiquity will not be included that the origional development crew wanted to include. It will also combine the mods in a new way. Both cover almost the same era and many of the same factions (therefore will use a number of the same units plus new additions), as a result the final products should be even better than before. The first release will hopefully be TroyTW for BI 1.6. This will consist of a campaign with the factions we have on our factions list and will cover the area of Greece and Asia Minor. The second release will be something like an expansion on TroyTW, the emphasis will change to cover more of the east and africa, but some of the factions will remain such as troy and mycenaen greece, the hittites and aleshya etc. However there will be notable new factions such as the Egyption Empire and a greater variety of sea peoples, many of the units done by myself.

So hopefully i have made it clear that both mods will compliment each other but will remain individual.

There is a possible merger with the Levant in the works, but this is still being discussed. Their mod is focused on Israel and therefore would fit in reasonably well, but we don't want to take on too much at this stage considering the delicate balance of the mods as they stand. This is the outline for an ambitious project that will take a long time to complete, but hopefully will fill some of the time before the release of M2TW :laughing: . As it is such a huge undertaking it will take more time and the more able members we have the faster progress will be, so if you are willing and able please sign up.

This presents a whole new possibility for all of TWC. If enough people get interested the combining of these mods could spawn a series of ancient world mod releases as big or bigger than RTR. I'm sure i'm not the only person who would like to see a completed full mod that wasn't set during the roman era. Of course this will only be possible with support, so please let it be known .

Antiochus epiphanes does not give his blessing for the merger because of personal reasons and therefore it is officially off, though unofficially i think there will still be a large degree of cooperation.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; February 01, 2006 at 02:29 PM.

Civitate

So how is the "merger" going. Are you getting some work done? How about Rise of Persia (ROP), perhaps they can help aswell (covering the same area and approximately the same time period).
    In patronicvm svb Jesus The Inane

Like i said the merger is officially off, though some people from antiquity are helping us anyway and we are making slow progress.

so yer still trying to get things going?!?!?!

Mirconus the Great's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Possible merger with antiquity

Good... Troy is going and I say YEAH! It really is good... It's one of the best mods I've ever seen. What about Antiquity? I saw that it hasn't been working properly since May. Are TTW and Antiquity mutually helping?
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Default Re: Possible merger with antiquity

Er, no. As far as I'm aware, Antiquity only ever had about two people (whose work did not impress us greatly), and has indeed been dead for some time. No, we're not mutually cooperating. At least, not now.