Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Persia Gallery

Default Rise of Persia Gallery

Hey guys;

I've just started up an image gallery for ROP, which will feature screenshots of the development of units, as well as all unit cards of the already finished units. At this moment, only Achaemenid Persia is featured on it, but Goscinio is finalizing his Greeks and will soon post his development screenshots in there. Every time something new is out, we'll of course post it here.

And this doesn't mean we won't make any previews anymore, there will be one soon, or maybe five, featuring the Greek faction units. Point is, that we've got Seventeen new greek units to show off. Some of them are faction-specific, but there will be AOR/ZOR units as well. So we're still thinking about how the previews will be made up.

Here's the link to our gallery.

Hope you all like this new feature of our website, which will undoubtedly once be as complete as possible, featuring all of our units and other graphics.
    Last edited by Nero666; February 24, 2006 at 05:14 PM.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Ok, I'm adding all the WIP screenshots now. Note that I changed some units (changed a color, improved a shield etc), so not all screenshots are still accurate...

EDIT: And if you'd like to discus the screenshots, you can do it here, or over at Rise of Persia's official site
    Last edited by Goscinio; January 29, 2006 at 03:47 PM.
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

nice, thanks.!!!!

KALI's Avatar Senator

Haven't seen those models b4. Very nice
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

Some nice renders you got there.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Sorry, but you are the Rise of Persia mod, aren't you? THAT is what I would like to see, Medians, Lydians, Babylonians, Egyptians. I cannot understand your focus on Greeks in this Gallery... especially as there is an high-quality Greek mod.
    I don't want to sound rude, but I think, RoP is not of interest for most people because it features Greeks, but the various peoples that were subdued by Persia, the Greeks being less important.

Quote Originally Posted by FliegerAD
    Sorry, but you are the Rise of Persia mod, aren't you? THAT is what I would like to see, Medians, Lydians, Babylonians, Egyptians. I cannot understand your focus on Greeks in this Gallery... especially as there is an high-quality Greek mod.
    I don't want to sound rude, but I think, RoP is not of interest for most people because it features Greeks.
    What are you talking about? Persia was in a constant battle with Greek coalitions...

Beginning with the Ionian Revolt. Now look at the mods timeframe... Not much battling Greeks before 499BC. As we already have another mod focussing on classical Greece including the Persian Wars, RoP is special as it is focussed on the Rise of Persia.
    That time the main concerns were Lydians, Babylonians, Medes, Epgyptians. Most of them are factions only portrait by RoP, so that is interessting for me. More than the 100th Spartan model, for sure.

But as far as I know, we have the faction in the mod that interest you, but without a Greek faction there won't be a lot of people interested in this mod (IMHO that is)

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

I did not say: "erase the wicked Greeks" :-)
    I said do not focus on them as other mods did and do. Moreover Greek factions are not really unique... other factions as Lydia e.g. are. Presenting unique factions/units etc. is never a bad idea, is it?
    If I would like to play a Persian Wars scenario, I'll load Hegemonia. In a Rise of Persia scenario the Greeks are of less importance compared to others, especially before 499BC.

I don't think we are focusing at the Greeks, but would you prefer we use the vanilla skins? Rise of Persia is going for historical accuracy, that's why we remade the Greek faction with the guidelines of Zenith Darksea ( Historian for RoP :wink: )

I nowhere said anything like: "erase Greece" "use Vanilla" "use unhistorical units" etc. etc. !
    I said, I would prefer to see unique units/factions to be previewed, which were more important for the Rise of Persia historically than any Greeks (while Greek factions are not very unique).
    Sorry, if I can't express myself properly, English is my 3rd language.

Ah I'm sorry then, I misinterpreted your posts a bit. But as we do have the Greeks included, and as we did remake them, we wanted to show you how they look like. We do that to show off a bit ( ), and to known what the fans think of them ( Like most mods do :wink: )

And you type excellent English, seeing as it is your third language ( my second probably )

The problem with the Lydians, Babylonians, Medes etc is that we don't have units skinned for them yet.
    Like you said, Greece wasn't very unique. When you look at the units in the gallery carefully, you'll see that lots of them look very similar to each other. More than in any other faction or culture. You'll notice that by comparing them with the Persian units, which are also featured in the gallery, and they are VERY diverse.
    We know that the factions closer to Persia are more important in our mod than greece, but we just didn't find very detailed information on their warfare yet. We have some for the Babylonians (Chaldeans), and you can expect to see them soon. If you could help us getting more information about the Medes, Babylonians, Baktrians, Phoenicians, Cilicians and of course Lydians, that'd be great. Just don't become angry on us (which I think you did, reading your posts).

Lead developer of:

Ah, that explains something. I thought, you just don’t want to preview them. I got a little angry, because nobody seemed to understand what my concern is:
    How many mods/skinpacks/etc. feature such Greeks? A lot, defiantly a lot. So a Greek preview, as good as it may be, is not very unique.
    How many mods/skinpacks/etc. feature 6th cent.BC Babylon e.g.? None, Nada, Nix, Zero, it is just you. So that is very unique. That is why your mod is outstanding, from my point of view.

IMO, you should concentrate on such unique features of your mod. But if you can't present anything like that right now, I can understand that of course.

btw, you got PM…

Yes research on the more unique factions is a little hampered by lack of info in general. My university lecturer could'nt tell me anything specific about the lydians at all. Rest assured we're going to put them together to the best of the historical knowledge available.

As far as i know Babylon will be our next faction so get ready folks!

Quote Originally Posted by rez
    As far as i know Babylon will be our next faction so get ready folks!
    But first Nero has uploaded our Pandyan units !

EDIT: And don't mind the X-legged archer legs, they have been fixed already...

Quote Originally Posted by Goscinio
    But first Nero has uploaded our Pandyan units !
    Very beautiful models and sharplooking skins.

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm sorry, but those Pandyan skins look like something straight out of vanilla if they included India.

The shields for the swordsmen for example, the swords, the generic pants, and of course the hidieous vanilla horse saddle cloths.

Thats not good m8..
    Team Member <3

Thanks Cao Cao
    I have to admit that some of them have been built on vanilla models, that's the reason for the shield and swords. But what's wrong with the pants :S The horse saddles still have to be reskinned - the Pandyan faction uses the Egyptian faction slot at the moment, and when you mount a unit on a vanilla RTW horse, you'll get the Egyptian (yellow) skin. Unless you change the references, which will happen.

Lead developer of:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast