Thread: EB Character Traits mod for RTR

Default EB Character Traits mod for RTR

Quote Originally Posted by Malrubius
    I'd like to convert the basic EB traits system for use in the vanilla game, or as a starting point for other mods. To do it, one must reverse our culture swap and remove all the triggers that refer to EB-only traits. I guess this would include the seasons (since we have 4 turns/year), as well as any triggers with the "SettlementName" condition. All the ancillaries and such based on the years would need to either be converted to 2 turns/year or be used in a 4tpy mod. Any traits that are obtained from the campaign script would no longer be valid, and triggers that refer to them would have to be removed (UnitSize, for example).

If somebody wants to take this on as an unofficial project, I'd be happy to assist in an advisory capacity. I think the worst part is just that it would be time-consuming. I'm a bit pressed at the moment, trying to fix traits/ancillaries bugs for the patch. :sweatingb Anybody interested in this should start a thread in the unofficial projects forum and I can get you the latest files and help you figure this out.
    I would like to take this on. My mod Britannia TW is taking a break of sorts so in the meantime I'd like to take on this project. I believe there is a 4tpy mod out for RTR so that will solve that problem, and from there I'll start work on readjusting all the traits to work for RTR (removing the traits with non rtr triggers, or making new triggers to parallel them). I'd appreciate any experienced modders leaving some pointers or suggestions in this thread. Thanks...
    colts2000
    "A Canticle for Leibowitz Total War

I need writers! We will be expanding on the framework provided by the novel "A Canticle for Leibowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by colts2000
    I would like to take this on. My mod Britannia TW is taking a break of sorts so in the meantime I'd like to take on this project. I believe there is a 4tpy mod out for RTR so that will solve that problem, and from there I'll start work on readjusting all the traits to work for RTR (removing the traits with non rtr triggers, or making new triggers to parallel them). I'd appreciate any experienced modders leaving some pointers or suggestions in this thread. Thanks...
    colts2000
    Could you make a version for RTW 1.5 in general? I think many people will be more interested in that. (At least I would. lol)

Great idea!
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Yeah, reducing EB's traits to the core system would be what you'd want, then any modder could add his own touches to make it specific for his mod.

I've started working on this mod. Rather than being for RTR Im gonna make it for RTW vanilla as suggested by Malrubius. Here's my tread: CTM
    "A Canticle for Leibowitz Total War

I need writers! We will be expanding on the framework provided by the novel "A Canticle for Leibowitz.