Thread: ROP Problem

Default ROP Problem

Hi there,
    i just bought a new pc (windows 7), i installed rtw, bi and alex (everything was fine)
    then i installed a couple of mods i used to play on my old notebook (vista). I installed them as administrator.
    So here´s the thing. Some mods like Aristeia or The Greek Wars are working. With others like ROP or Troy Total War i keep having the same problems. I can install them completely, but when trying to play a campaign the game tells me to select an item from the list. Trying a custom battle i get back to the menu. When i exit rtw i get this error message: Error .../.../.../descr_strat at line (for example) 25, column 1. Expected start date of campaign or battle. What could be the Problem??? Thanks Sonny

P.S. When i try to manipulate in the descr_strat i get the rome total war is not working any more error

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Default Re: ROP Problem

I dunno... But as Bull3pr00f is not here...

Maybe try reinstalling the mod?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

The strange thing is; those errors correspond with an unpatched game, but seeing as you've installed BI and Alex too, that can't be the problem.
    I guess you could still try to patch the game to 1.5
    If that doesn't work, do as Cocroach said.

Thanks for the answers. The game is patched to 1.5. I also reinstalled it several times, disabled the UAC, and let it run with XP and Vista compability...

It works... finally... I had to reinstall rtw, bi and alex with UAC disabled, then patch bi to 1.6 and then install the mods as admin. Thanks for everything guys