Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Lord Hamilton's Unit Workshop

Default Re: Lord Hamilton's Unit Workshop

I'm probably looking at it wrong but did you create a new unit to use the english spear militia textures?

Sorry if the answers obvious.

The_Steppenwulf's Avatar Libertus
    formerly Yorkshire,UK - currently Devonshire, UK

My example is just an adaption of 'Armoured Sergeants' unit. But you don't need to do that to get the unit in game. The straightfoward way is just to duplicate the armoured segeants info from model db and replace the model info with the spear militia info such as the paths and the texture file names. Create a new name for the unit such as 'my_spear_militia'. Do the same in descr_unit.txt, and change the unit name with whatever you like and ensure the model reference is added as below:
    armour_ug_levels 0
    armour_ug_models my_spear_militia
    ownership [your faction choice]
    era 0 [your facton choice]

If you enter a different dictionary name you'll have to enter a dictionary entry in the respective text file and add a unit card and info pic in the ui folder. If you aren't sure about any of this then I recommend you read and follow the tutorials:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...uilding+models
    Last edited by The_Steppenwulf; July 03, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

Jackie Chan's Brother Wang...'s Avatar Semisalis
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

I don't understand this, these are unit retextures, but the installation link points to adding new units in?

I'm guessing thats what you need to do Jackie, it seems that just giving the new textures to only the England Spear militia won't work.

Any luck Jackie?

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

To those still looking for the Archer Militia... I was able to mix and match between the .mesh and texture files for the Peasant Archer, the Spear Militia, and the Fyrd Spearman, and the end result is almost identical to the Archer Militas pictured. I didn't get the quiver on their hip like Lord Hamilton did, but it's a nice quick fix. If anyone wants the files and if Lord Hamilton wouldn't mind, I'd be happy to upload them.

edit: I ended up having a lot of fun with these units and I spliced in textures for leather armor, light mail and heavy mail for the Fyrd Spearmen. I'm no artist and the work was mixed and matched between Lord Hamilton's wonderful skins and models and some heavy mail textures from St Polycarpe's Workshop. I edited the hoods on the SpearMilitia.mesh to be more like a "coife" for the mailed Fyrdmen, and anyway I'm very happy with the result.

I won't post without consent from the true artists, but I encourage others to learn about MilkShape3D and texturing. It's a lot of fun!
    Last edited by MagicCuboid; June 18, 2012 at 02:25 AM.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

I want to add the mounted norman knights to the game but what do i rename the follow ing to:

kite_knight_england.texture
    kite_knight_england_normal.texture
    mailed_knight_england.texture
    mailed_knight_england_normal.texture

i was in englands en_lmail_hmail / Texture folder (i already placed the mech file correctly that was easy) but in the texture folder the name is not the same so i need some1 that knows what name the unit goes under in the folder so i can rename the above textures to the proper names.

If you could give me the same info for the dismounted norman knights aswell i would be very gratefull

Regards, Fedual
    Last edited by Fedual; July 13, 2012 at 09:56 AM.

oh god, it's so complicated to install.. does anyone have created this folder so i can just copy paste it to stainless stell ? if someone can upload it. i already using claudilo kwarezm submod

Even by watching all kinds of tutorials regarding the installation of this mod, I'm unable to install it. I'm not sure which files should I edit. Just like Feudal said, it's unclear which lines and values inside modelsdb need to be changed.
    I guess I won't get any any answers here since this topic is dead.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

This was intended as a modding resource. I will try and do a basic tutorial tonight or tomorrow about how to add these in game.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Yea I didnt have time to make a tutorial.... what you can do is download the gracul unit editor and then you can just pick the unit .mesh and textures you want. Its a lot easier to use that then doing it manually. Especially for beginners.

Here are a couple of links that you guys should check out:

1. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dieval-2-units
    2. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...09-Unit-Editor

The levy Archers something wrong with textures of sword

Not if you knew where they stuck them previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    Not if you knew where they stuck them previously.
    Oh my God what a joke! You probably son of Jim Carrey?))

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

@ Gercog, you've noticed that texture issue when using SSHIP or with SS6.4 as well?
    If it's only with SSHIP, that means that we have mismatched some files again
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

i dont know why ,but i cannot download the files from mediafire,the link works bad

I downloaded the files yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ Gercog, you've noticed that texture issue when using SSHIP or with SS6.4 as well?
    If it's only with SSHIP, that means that we have mismatched some files again
    No, it was an entirely different mod. And the same result in other mods...

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Ok, noted. I'll see if I can correct that.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader