Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EB Animations Pack

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Default EB Animations Pack

EB Animations Pack Beta version 0.81

Features:
    -contains 13 new skeletons and around 800 new animations.
    -various fixes to the vanilla animations.
    -the jumping animations have been removed.
    -4 different scaled skeletons to historically reflect the differences of heights of the various soldiers of different nations.
    -there are 2 compatible versions with 1.2 and 1.5/6.

The current available skeletons are:
    Two handed foot pike/sarisae skeleton:
    There are two version of this skeleton related to unit:
    -one is to be used on non-phalanx units wich is the fs_thp_f_spearman and the other is fs_thp_f_spearman_p.
    Variants:
    fs_thp_f_spearman, fs_fast_thp_f_spearman and fs_thp_f_spearman_p.

-the fs_thp_f_spearman has two

Two handed mounted pike/xyston skeleton:
    fs_thp_m_spearman

Overhand foot spearman:
    There are two version of this skeleton related to unit:
    -one is to be used on non-phalanx units wich is the fs_o_f_spearman and the other is fs_o_f_spearman_p(wich isn't avaible yet, will be in soon).
    Variants:
    fs_o_f_spearman, fs_fast_o_f_spearman and fs_o_f_spearman_p.

Overhand mounted spearman:
    fs_o_m_spearman

Swordsman barb skeleton:
    This a slash and stab combined animation but the slashes predomine by 7 to 2.(this is only avaible for 1.5/6)
    Variants:
    fs_swordsman_barb, fs_fast_swordsman_barb, fs_semi_fast_swordsman_barb and fs_slow_swordsman_barb.

This is a slashing animation where the unit will only slash realistically as you would with a round tip sword. This animation is also ideally suited for Axemen units.
    Variants:
    fs_swordsman_barb_slash, fs_fast_swordsman_barb_slash, fs_semi_fast_swordsman_barb_slash and fs_slow_swordsman_barb_slash.

Gladius:
    This animation is a historical realistic animation based off the way Romans fought in close battle. There are 3 stab moves in the animation, groin, stomach, and throat. At all times the units will keep shields in a protective position.
    Variants:
    fs_gladius and fs_fast_gladius.

Two handed swordsman:
    This animation is good for models with claymore style swords that require a handling of both hands close together. Again this is a slash only animation.
    fs_2h_swordsman

New foot archer:
    This animation has a more accurate pull of the string and faster draw time. Also the bow is held upright when in firing position, unlike the vanilla.
    Variants:
    fs_foot_archer, fs_fast_foot_archer and fs_semi_fast_foot_archer.

New mounted archer:
    This animation is a historically based animation of how mounted archers would of held the bow and fire with it.
    fs_mounted_archer

Pilum:
    Now the unit's throw the javelins/pila 30% faster but the rest of the javelinmen animations are not changed.
    fs_pilum

Mounted standar bearer:
    fs_m_bearer

New skeletons for chariots and elephants:
    This animation allows elephants to have javelinmen instead of archers:
    fs_big_elephant_rider_javelinman
    fs_forest_elephant_rider_javelinman

Javelinman skeleton for chariots:
    This animation allows chariots to have javelinmen:
    fs_chariot_javelinman

There are also seated driver skeletons for chariots wich are followed by the seated suffix:
    fs_chariot_javelinman_seated
    fs_chariot_sword_seated
    fs_chariot_archer_seated

Notes:
    Every skeleton has 4 different scaled sizes which are determined by the suffix at the end of the skeleton's name, for example the fs_swordsman:
    fs_swordsman_small
    fs_swordsman
    fs_swordsman_big
    fs_swordsman_verybig
    Some animations like the foot overhand, two handed pike and so on requires adjustment to the model, so its not user friendly to add to any model without adjustments to the holding of the weapons.

Download:
    EB Animations Pack 1.5/6 compatible.
    EB Animations Pack 1.2 compatible.

Permission:
    This animation pack is available only for personal use and it was initially designed to work with EB. For uses in other mods it requires permission of EB and so it's suggested to PM/mail any EB member and ask permission from EB modding team for the usage this animation pack in your mod.

Installation:
    Simply extract the contents of the archive over the files in the data/animations folder also
    inside the archive there is a list with all of the skeletons.

Known issues:
    -some of the animations have not been changed since it would have messed the unit's formations like the march animation of the fs_gladius and fs_thp_f_spearman, again this is caused due to a bug in the cas tool and it's not fixable.(This means they will use Vanilla animation sections for marching and moving, this allows even bug free movement)

Version history:
    v0.81 temporary fix to the overhand and gladius wich had problems to keep the formation after they march or had ran(the march and run anims are from the vanila spearman), temporary fix with rider dissapearing to the new mounted skeletons(now they use the vanila cav die anim), added a new swordsman skeleton and the problem with the fliping animations has been fixed thanks to Vercingetorix.
    v0.8 new gladius, overhand, skeleton and two handed pike skeletons and some various fixes to the vanila and new ones
    v0.7 oficial release in the ob for eb

The animation pack isn't 100% bug free and so any requests, fixes, suggestions not only to the new animations but also to the vanilla ones are warmly welcomed. Please place you suggesting in an intelligent manner and detail a possible bug or CTD issues in this thread. Especially test these animations in campaign battles as usually CTD’s may show up in the campaign battles over the custom battles.
    Last edited by alin; March 06, 2006 at 07:14 AM.

Dumb question, but is this animation pack already included in the EB beta?

No, this is all new stuff!

Nice... downloading now. will keep you posted on my feedback.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Thanks alin for releasing this new animation pack. Your animations are pretty amazing and I can't wait to try out the fs_gladius.

Default Screenoshots

Two handed foot pike:

Two handed mounted pike:

Overhand foot spearman:

Overhand mounted spearman:

Gladius:

New foot archer:

New mounted archer:

Two handed swordsman:

Mounted standard bearer:

New skeletons for chariots and also for elephants:
    Last edited by alin; January 30, 2006 at 10:19 AM.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

I think the EB Animations Pack 1.5/6 compatible zip file is corrupted. I keep on receiving error messages when trying to extract it. Can anyone else confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan
    I think the EB Animations Pack 1.5/6 compatible zip file is corrupted. I keep on receiving error messages when trying to extract it. Can anyone else confirm this?
    Down and use the lastest winzip since that;s what i used to make the archive and i'm sure it will not work with older versions of winzip or winrar.
    Ohh and thanks for you nice words.

WOW this came out of nowhere! heh.

Thanks, man.
    Last edited by Arman616; January 29, 2006 at 05:54 AM.

Downloaded and installed the zip file(the one on the lower part of the post) on my version of EB and got the following error:

"Unable to find skeleton fs_o_f_spearman_big"

What do I have to do to fix it?

In alin's first post, there's a descr_model_battle that you have to download and extract to your data folder. That should fix the error.

Quote Originally Posted by Malrubius
    In alin's first post, there's a descr_model_battle that you have to download and extract to your data folder. That should fix the error.
    I'm a bit confused. What are the new things added since EB's original animations pack?
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

1. IMHO running pikeman animation is bugged. Check it out.
    2. Don't you think that shield-bashing charge animation would be better than current one (for infantry)?
    3. Speed-up javelinman animation.
    4. Change knock-out animation to sth more natural...

@ Malrubius:

As I said. I downloaded that descr_model_battle.zip(the third link) and extracted it. But now I get the error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzelgnom
    @ Malrubius:

As I said. I downloaded that descr_model_battle.zip(the third link) and extracted it. But now I get the error message.
    That sounds like you didn't down and extracted the anim pack in the data/animations folder and you just down the dmb.txt a past it over the OB one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep
    1. IMHO running pikeman animation is bugged. Check it out.
    2. Don't you think that shield-bashing charge animation would be better than current one (for infantry)?
    3. Speed-up javelinman animation.
    4. Change knock-out animation to sth more natural...
    1-As i said some of the animations flip and this is due to a bug in the cas tool, Vercingetorix is working on fixing it and as soon he gets it fixedi will update the anim pack.
    2-No, rome wasn't designed so that units use the shield to bash each other. So if i do that the shield would just clip and nothing would of happen to the health of the soldier but still i made some bashing animations for the gladius like some attack and the charge one.
    3-What do you mean exactly, the throwing, running?
    4-I don't understand what you mean.

3. Throwing. Units with "pilum skeleton" now throw their missile weapons 30% faster and it's great, but units with "javelin skeleton" should also throw their weapons faster...
    4. Well, IMO this animation is very unnatural... Why knock-outed people lie so... straight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep
    3. Throwing. Units with "pilum skeleton" now throw their missile weapons 30% faster and it's great, but units with "javelin skeleton" should also throw their weapons faster...
    4. Well, IMO this animation is very unnatural... Why knock-outed people lie so... straight?
    3. I see, well until now no one requested this so i'll have to talk with some eb members, historians, about it to see if it's needed.
    4. I didn't considered this to important so i didn't changed the vanila knockdown animations anyway i might changed them in the future.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

So this is compatible with 1.5 unmodded? Or even, say, Terrae Expugnandae...?

Quote Originally Posted by eXc|Imperator
    So this is compatible with 1.5 unmodded? Or even, say, Terrae Expugnandae...?
    Yes, you'll just have to edit the descr_model_battle.txt to make wich unit you wan't use the new skeletons.
    Also this should work with BI, the 1.6 patch.
    Last edited by alin; January 29, 2006 at 02:31 PM.

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

I apologise alin but what does "flip" mean? You mentioned some animations flip....
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast