Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drtad's Accurate Armenia Submod

Default Drtad's Accurate Armenia Submod

Version 3.0a
    -replaced Vagharshapat with Dvin

Version 3.0
    -more text errors amended
    -more names added and improved
    -"Naxarar" became "Nakharar," tweaked stats so that they are stronger, but fewer in number than the generic "Armenian Cavalry"
    -map updated to make Caucasus as accurate as possible without obstructing gameplay, added provinces of Aghvank (Caucasian Albania), Kartli (Caucasian Iberia), and Mazkutk.
    -Changed the city of Syuniq from 'Shaghat' to 'Kapan.' As it turns out Shaghat was a bad choice and even today only has a population of around 1,000. Who knew?
    -Changed 'Arkayits Arkay' to 'Arqa.' The primary reason is for this is that Armenian kings stopped using the title Arkayits Arkah after Artavazd II Artashesian and because I think 'q' makes everything look more interesting than it would with a 'k'
    -Changed faction heir to Avag Sepuh
    -Changed a few of the scrollover minimap text things- before it used to be 'Sassanids' now it's 'Sassanid Empire'- changed 'Armenians' into 'Arqayutyun Hayots' ("Kingdom of the Armenians", which is how they refer to themselves at that time quite often, though sometimes it's 'Hayots Ashkhar'- literally 'Armenian World.' weird stuff)
    -Moved Arqa Vramshapuh to the capital and Avag Sepuh Artashes to Syunik. It felt like the right thing to do.

Changelog
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2.0 changes
    -text errors amended

1.0:

-Tweaked all Faction Leader names so they're better... well from my point of view anyway. You have Emperors for the Roman Empires, Chieftains for the tribes, and Arkah for the Armenians, basically. I removed the word "Faction" because I didn't like that.
    -Revamped the Armenian names, took out the Urartian vestiges, added names more appropriate for the timeframe.
    -Changed starting situation in Armenia to make it more accurate. Changed Atropatene to Paytakaran, and Phraaspa to the city of Paytakaran, which was the historic easternmost Armenian province as opposed to Atropatene. Changed Sipan to Vaspurakan and gave it to Armenia, made it a Christian settlement.
    -Took out "Persarmenia" and "Persarmenian" and replaced them with "Armenia" and "Armenian." I don't believe they ever referred to themselves as Persarmenians, though I know it's a way to distinguish them from Roman Armenians. Personally I didn't like it.
    -Changed province "Armenia" to "Ayrarat" and the settlement from "Artaxarta" to "Vagharshapat." Made it the capital, as it was. Also changed province "Greater Armenia" to "Syuniq" and the settlement became "Shaghat."
    -Made the Armenian king "Vramshapuh" and the heir "Artashes" (historical)

SCREENSHOTS-

Aghvank

Iberia

Mazkutk

The new Caucasus

Historical royal family
    Good king Vramshapuh is here! He reigned until 417 and during his reign (in 405) the Armenian alphabet was created.

And here's the heir, Artashes IV. He didn't have an easy time of things historically.

updated unit stats/numbers

List of the revamped Armenian names (from the text file, I realize that making the coded name different from what the actual name is was a stupid idea, but hey, I'm a novice and changed my tactics halfway through haha):

{Arame} Vassak
    {Ara} Ara
    {Aram} Aram
    {Aramu} Vardan
    {Argishti} Khosrov
    {Arkha} Vramshapuh
    {Artashes} Artashes
    {Artavazd} Artavazd
    {Artaxias} Pap
    {Atheas} Varazdat
    {Belnirari} Yeghishe
    {Eminos} Sahak
    {Kudurmabug} Senekerim
    {Liapos} Hovhannes
    {Madyes} Meruzhan
    {Menua} Mushegh
    {Partatua} Andovk
    {Phillipos} Pillipos
    {Prusias} Vahan
    {Rimsin} Arshak
    {Rusa} Tiran
    {Sarduri} Yusik
    {Tigran} Tigran
    {Tigranes} Pisak
    {Trdat} Trdat
    {Waradsin} Atangines
    {Ziaelas} Nerses
    {Vahram} Vahram
    {Hamazasp} Hamazasp
    {Varazvaghan} Varazvaghan
    {Anania} Anania
    {Melite} Melite
    {Vasil} Vasil
    {Tachat} Tachat
    {Kasun} Kasun
    {Zaven} Zaven
    {Yerem} Yerem
    {Ghevond} Ghevond
    {Khoren} Khoren
    {Davit} Davit
    {Nershapuh} Nershapuh
    {Yeznik} Yeznik
    {Surmak} Surmak
    {Tatik} Tatik
    {Artak} Artak
    {Arhavan} Arhavan
    {Arshavir} Arshavir
    {Atom} Atom
    {Hrahat} Hrahat
    {Papak} Papak
    {Shmavon} Shmavon
    {Hmayak} Hmayak
    {Tatul} Tatul

INSTRUCTIONS: unzip the archive into your Rome Total War directory and overwrite. Make sure your installation is of version 7.03 of ibfd.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S14AQ962

Feedback is welcome

TO DO LIST:
    -Add Armenian noble house traits, more characters from different noble families
    Last edited by Drtad; February 24, 2011 at 12:04 AM.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Default Re: Drtad's Ruina Romae Submod

Well, that's a surprise.

Sounds very interesting. When you'll have it uploaded, I'll add it to the Optional downloads section.

Released! Hopefully I did everything correctly... I had somewhat of a hard time with the names and descr strat file but I believe all is well now.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Drtad's Accurate Armenia Submod

WOW!!!THAT"S GREAT!!!!!
    GREAT WORK DRTAD!!!!!!
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Excellent work there +rep!

This is not the place for political debate or discussion.

Thanks,

Joar
    Last edited by Joar; February 20, 2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Off topic. / Joar

Off topic - Cocroach, please limit your comments to the issue of the sub-mod without bringing in issues of nationalism. Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Even though it's not much it is my first actual foray into modding.

I may do some trait editing later but we'll see (adding noble house traits, unique ancillaries, etc.).

New version 2.0 uploaded, the first version had some annoying text errors but I believe all is well now.

Good job!!!

Art by Joar

Here's a preview of future updates (I guess it's going to become an "Accurate Caucasus" submod ):

The addition of Caucasian Iberia and Caucasian Albania into the mix allows me to have more historical boundaries.

Look at that! The boundary is perfectly on the Kur river. I'm a novice so it's a big deal.

Just need to do some touch up, name edits, and I would like to see if I can implement the Armenian noble house trait system from RS2... that will take some work and tutorial reading.

I'd also like to do some unit editing but unfortunately I am completely inept at any artistic work. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something.
    Last edited by Drtad; February 21, 2011 at 07:21 PM.

Keep up the good work, Drtad!

Some summary/updates on what I've been working on:

Caucasian Albania (Aghvank, a kingdom which had a church and alphabet that were both offshoots of their Armenian contemporaries, fought alongside the Armenians against Persia in the mid 5th century)

Mazkutk (a kingdom of steppe people, very little information about them aside from they invaded Armenia in the 4th century and were eventually defeated by King Khosrov III Kotak [330-339])

Caucasian Iberia (Kartli, they're like proto-Georgians, allied with the Armenians against Persia in the mid 5th century)

An overview of the final version of my map changes, as you can see I changed the settlement of Syuniq to Kapan, because I just can't find information on the antique administrative center of the region before Kapan in the later 5th century (and remains the center to this day).

I also dabbled with unit stats a little. I changed "Naxarar" to "Nakharar" just for personal preference and continuity in my transliteration. It irked me a bit that Nakharars would have more men per unit than generic "Armenian Cavalry" and would be less powerful in terms of stats, so I reduced the unit size of Nakharars (from 35 to 25, same as the Savaran) and increased their armor significantly (from 26->34, comparable to the Savarans I believe). I took away the shield bonus from the Armenian Cavalry because I don't think they have one and increased their armor slightly to compensate and kept them about the same as before.

Keep in mind I haven't edited units before so I'm going to do some testing to see how they match up with their Sassanid counterparts. I'd like the Nakharars to be about the same as Savaran (as opposed to being weaker but having larger numbers which doesn't make sense to me). Ideally I'll be able to make them have slightly higher stats but also have a smaller unit size to make them easier to overwhelm. I'll have to work more on this...

Last edited by Drtad; February 22, 2011 at 11:00 PM.

First post updated, new version 3.0 released.

It's getting there.

Remember to send me the final version, I'll add my mod.

^^still working on a few things.

EDIT: New version 3.0a up, replaced Vagharshapat with Dvin, since Dvin was built during the reign of Khosrov III (330-339) to be the new capital. Missed that before.
    Last edited by Drtad; February 24, 2011 at 12:03 AM.

Civis

Megaupload is gone can you put the download onto another site?
    Witness the desperate struggle to maintain Arche Selucia in my Extended Cultures AAR- <a "http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=539321"/> The Grey Death</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Pounders View Post
    Megaupload is gone can you put the download onto another site?
    Sorry didn't see this until now. I made this mod on my older computer which is now gone unfortunately, so maybe I'll remake it and upload to a different site this week.

Don't want to rush you but i think that week is up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast