Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello all
    I am new to the TW forums and i havent had the chance to hear about this mod. Is there any way i can find some info on what this mod will offer when it will be released?or could someone answer to the question above??
    Thank you for your time and Understanding
    John

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Default Re: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by General John View Post
    Hello all
    I am new to the TW forums and i havent had the chance to hear about this mod. Is there any way i can find some info on what this mod will offer when it will be released?or could someone answer to the question above??
    Thank you for your time and Understanding
    John
    Welcome to the TWC Forums ...John...

Here's the DoTS latest posting...

New: Facts & Features

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=427020

I'll leave the rest of the story for the DoTS folks to tell....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

The latest update about the progress is found in the DotS Progress Report thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    We are nearly done with essential research and documentation we've been doing for past month. The coding of alpha ready features will begin in days the latest (as it's my job) and that should be very much done rather quickly. Then there are other related features which are progressing coding-wise but only slowly - EDU and EDB. Until those are actually coded fully or at least substantially (the working basics are there for EDB at least) the campaign won't be really playable and we cannot release. In the meanwhile Azim has integrated BBB as our traits groundwork and with the map more or less done coding of titles will begin. Family trees are also under way (largely researched and are now coded in). Also some other projects are also going on like cinematics. that preview etc. Fortunately some things like 2D Art and music are almost done.

So it looks very promising but it is hard to tell how long it might actually take to have release-able mod. First we intend to do intern alpha release with hired testers from you guys to ensure we won't be releasing a mod which will crash on turn 3. Then will be proper beta release with everything we can scramble put in. And then we will focus on getting full release done which should contain everything we have planned and prepared. As Ross said our goal is to have at least the alpha (if not outright the public beta release) in some months and that seems like a relistic goal. That itself considering the amount of work already done and yet needed is monumental task and it is yet nothing in compare to what the full release should be like. I have a good grasp of the mod and I have to say it is so monumental that I cannot even imagine it so I rather don't as it would overwhelm me dropping my motivation through the floor. :-) But we are getting there step by step.

And welcome to the forums!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Welcome and thanks for showing interest- always useful (really its a general rule of forum browsing) to check the stickied threads before you post- please. There is an entire subforum at the top of this forum for our previews including units screenshots and written presentations, a grand preview download with pictures, music and text, and several deve loper blog videos on youtube, plus a trailer/campaign intro cinematic we just released.