Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Facts & Features

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: New: Facts & Features

There are two released Map Blogs, here and here.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Do note that those images are pretty old.
    You can see the latest version of the mini-map, and some small parts of the map itself, in the images here.

Queen Annes Revenge's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Then you may not worry anymore. One of my plans for the map was to make perhaps majority of PSF battles actually field battles exactly to ease the amount of sieges. Historically most famous battles were fought "of somewhere" and this would emulate it. Technically it will work similarly as sieging the villages (you can wait the siege or attack right away). Currently we are debating whether to use the battlemaps styled as villages (with non-walled town on the battlemap) or regular field battlemaps with town in the background. Both has its pros and cons and I tend to favour regular battlemaps but we'll see. It might make conquest slightly easier but really only slightly.

Of course there will be a lot more siege battles (if you prefer to fight rather than wait the siege) than in vanilla but that's only historical and we are amending this historical feature a bit for gameplay purposes - not eliminating it.
    Interesting, can you elaborate what you mean by "the majority" of PSF battles, i.e. what determines which battle you enter, and is this something you are notified of prior to engaging?

To be honest I'd think it'll make conquest slightly more challenging, going back to my point that I have always found the AI more formidable in the open. Then again, I've not seen what you guys have done with the AI anyway, perhaps it'll actually know how to work a siege from either the attacking or defending side.

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

wait, why is castille a minor faction?? they took over all of spain!

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

"Minor Factions" is simply the 26th faction on the list, and is often known as "rebels"
    The ordering means nothing.

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

all those features....one word

Righteous Fury's Avatar Civis

Oh man, it is so difficult to wait...
    Already been holding on for two years...
    But I suppose if I can wait that long, I can wait a few months more.

Good job!.. and keep kicking ass!
    NEVER SUBMIT
    NEVER SURRENDER

Campidoctor

All units generals Making all units generals with traits, loyalty and other stats, strengths and weaknesses
    Someone on the EBII forums mentioned this and I have to say I'm quite intrigued as to how this works, are they generals in the classic sense? If so how do you deal with things like unit cards and fertility?

Ps Great job all round, I'm thoroughly looking forward to playing the mod.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

somewhere i saw that constantinopoli will have its own city model. i am waiting to see it
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    somewhere i saw that constantinopoli will have its own city model. i am waiting to see it
    Not true, sorry. We lack the slots. It's a possibility though, that Byzantine city models will look different to generic southern European ones, depending on whether we have the time or inclination to do this comparatively minor task for a BETA release.

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

i am sure U are annoyed by answering this question but approximatelly when the beta relase is going to happen : |

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by metsikhovne View Post
    i am sure U are annoyed by answering this question but approximatelly when the beta relase is going to happen : |
    Depends on how long it takes to get the mod to a BETA ready stage...

hmm I don't like these countries become union scripted events or such... it seems too forced and will ruin the immersion than increase it, especially such as kalmar union... these 3 separate countries will develop independently (and more importantly independent from the known history)during the gameplay, each having their own impact on their surrounding region, having different enemies and then suddenly they united under 1 banner? that's going to effectively damage the immersion on the surrounding regions... I'd rather have fun with 3 different entity than 1

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    hmm I don't like these countries become union scripted events or such... it seems too forced and will ruin the immersion than increase it, especially such as kalmar union... these 3 separate countries will develop independently (and more importantly independent from the known history)during the gameplay, each having their own impact on their surrounding region, having different enemies and then suddenly they united under 1 banner? that's going to effectively damage the immersion on the surrounding regions... I'd rather have fun with 3 different entity than 1
    It's not forced, specific conditions that would make it make sense would have to be met and historically it did happen for a span of time toward the end of our timeframe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

This also means, that only if you want to get that union or script to happen you can fullfil the conditions and if you don't want you can simply not fullfil them.
    Correct?
    Last edited by Jimmy-j; March 16, 2011 at 07:55 AM.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Exactly, so as you can READ THE MANUAL before you start the campaign, players can control the game and its outcome how they want.

For some factions though we have planned the actual victory conditions to be based on some transitions- but I think its only fair. For instance, Portugal has to become a kingdom and survive the campaign- but (I think) Bohemia doesn't NEED to become Hussites to win. Even if they do, you get my example, right?

but then how do the AI handle these transitions?

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Probably force-scripted based on rough dates in most cases