Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Island Of Elba

LucasMDL's Avatar Libertus

Icon1 Island Of Elba

Don't know if some mod like it's already created , but here it goes...
    This Mod take place after the first defeat of napoleon and he is Locked in island of elba by the english!
    It is up to you to scape elba and retake your empire!
    It is still in progress, so if someone has something to add, please let me know!

here is how to install:
    unpakc with 7.z and replace the file according to it: (remenber to have a backup)

startpos.esf -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data\campaigns\eur_napoleon

myportraits.pack -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data
    france.pack -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data
    local_en.pack -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data
    local_en_patch.pack - > C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data

user.script -> C:\Users\(user Name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=57JMYVPD

Screenshots:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Some one know how to create an installer? Need help on this one!
    Thanks
    Last edited by LucasMDL; February 19, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Island Of Elba

Any screens?

Screens added!
    thanks

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

LucasMDL, could describe a bit more what is the purpose of this mod? From what I understand, you have as Napoleon to retake France and then your empire?

This is an idea that could be really exciting, but I have some questions as it seems to me that this idea means that it's a lot of work if you managed to do it:

- Will elba always be considered your "capital"? If so, do you lose if it's taken?

- Are all the diplomatic relationships been redone?

- Do you use L'aigle's skins? They are the best I know for the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    LucasMDL, could describe a bit more what is the purpose of this mod? From what I understand, you have as Napoleon to retake France and then your empire?

This is an idea that could be really exciting, but I have some questions as it seems to me that this idea means that it's a lot of work if you managed to do it:

- Will elba always be considered your "capital"? If so, do you lose if it's taken?

- Are all the diplomatic relationships been redone?

- Do you use L'aigle's skins? They are the best I know for the French.
    Hello,
    So to answer you question I am adding a screens with the goal of the mod, which is to regain france and retake your empire!

Also, once you take you original capital , Paris, it will automatically became the capital of your empire!
    The diplomatic relationships is the same, because i figure that the other countrys still hated and feared napoleon when his was in elba, but that can be changed...What do you think it will work?
    And about the L'aigle's skins i didin't used because i didn't knew about them! It seems really great!
    I will check it out and try to add it to!
    So thanks!

Also, you begin with a big amount of money that you will certantly need to remake you army and to survive until you can manage to win money again!

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Well, if I can give some additional advice (didn't download the mod but I'll try it when I have some time to play), maybe you already changed all that in your mod, but here it goes anyway:

- Technology should be maxed out in 1814.

- English, Prussia, Russia won't stop the war before Napoleon or them are defeated. Austria should be a little less hostile as Metternich started to realize that he needed France, as an empire or a kingdom, as an ally to counterbalance Russia and Prussia's appetites. Only kingdom of Italy and maybe Poland could ally at the beginning with a France led by Napoleon.

- Controlling Paris should be complicated with a lot of discontent. Also, a defeat should cause a lot of unrest in Paris, leading to rebellions (and probably the defeat of the player).

- French regions should welcome Napoleon well when he retakes a region. Any other regions should hate him.

- Murat should rule Italy.

- Victory conditions should include GB and probably not Prussia, Russia and Austria's original regions, except for countries which were part of the confederation of the Rhine, like swiss, bavaria and so on. This way, the player has to defeat Napoleon's greatest enemy, GB, to be able to win the campaign. On the other hand, GB, Prussia and Russia should all have Paris as a victory condition.

- Morale should be much lower for the French than before. Years of war had taken their toll and this wasn't a "grande armée" anymore.

Those are the first things which come to mind, and those are of course only suggestions.

And I appreciate it very much!
    I will check it out all of it!
    I am not the greatest moder and i have a lot to learn yet!
    So thanks!

When I manage to make this changes i will came back and upload it again! But if some one care to downlod it as it is for now and check it out to have some fun...be my guess!

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

You should at least start in Corsica, not Baleares. Elba is between Corsica and Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    You should at least start in Corsica, not Baleares. Elba is between Corsica and Italy
    Yes, i i thought about that, but corsica was napoleon home town...
    Didn't seem right to me...and baleares was more isolated and small, so seemed like a good idea...although not at all historical accurate!

Thanks for you comment!

I would like the opportunity to say that in this mode i manage to put a French revolutionary in Paris...so if the new government (kingdom of france) is bad to the people, they will revolt and you will get that army to fight against them!
    When you own paris that will happen too, but since napoleon cant die , its a better ideia not let that happen, because i dont know the result of that yet! I can put napoleon to die like any other general and the revolution in paris would work just as any other country like russia or astria (Go against the government or against the rebels), but i thought that would ruin the game...
    What do you guy thing? Napoleon should be vulnerable or not?

Just tested what happens when you have paris as your capital, napoleon as lider and a french revolution start!
    You have to choice between the rebels and the goverment as it should be, but when the rebels win napoleon loses it powers and became simple general...Which can be disbanded.

This looks like a fun mod
    Signature and Avatar created by ceylankral (give him rep )

The 100 Days! A great idea for a mod, I look forward to playing it.

This is a greaaaaaaat mod! And your posts are simple so I ( a swede bad at long texts in enlish) can understand.
    Another thing is that this shoud be in the complanitions and overhouls

Edit: France shoud not have any allies
    Last edited by theodorsr; May 14, 2011 at 09:02 AM.
    Napoleon total war my mods

Sweden is underrestimated! Sweden is underrestimated!

Jingo Eugene's Avatar Vicarius

Very creative.

A good breather from "This mod makes the game more realistic. Yep. Another one."

Gustin's Avatar Civis

Very creative ideas for new mods.

I have a stupid question to ask, but ask I must.
    I installed this mod per the instructions.

But I am unable to find the place in NTW to activate this mod.
    I've tried several obvious ones, but I can't find it.
    So where is it? Thanks for helping a dunderhead.
    "I will not wish thee riches nor the glow of greatness, but that wherever thou go, some weary heart shall gladden at thy smile, or shadowed life know sunshine for awhile. And so thy path shall be a track of light, like angels' footsteps passing through the night."
    ~~ Words on a church wall in Upwaltham, England

Super, Lucas! I really enjoy it. While big modes are in progress, you give us such a good small but pretty and interesting things. Thanks And please, keep at it! I'm really looking forward to play your new products!

how do i start this mod after i replaced the files?

Now this looks like a lot of fun... I'll have to give it try. Might I make a small suggestion about the name of your mod? Perhaps call it "Escape From Elba"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast