Thread: AAR or AH?

Default AAR or AH?

While playing through my EB campaign as Epirus that I finished a few months ago, I kept a very detailed history of the lines of kings and a "historical" record of each king, what they did, how they were considered to be (good, bad, greedy, generous, etc.) Basically, I wrote a history of my campaign based around the reigns of the kings in the same way that Suetonius wrote on the 12 Caesars. I was considering editing it a bit/posting it to the TWC but I wasn't sure whether it would be considered an AAR or alternative history? I didn't take any screen caps or anything while writing it, so it might be a bit bland in terms of aesthetics.

Anyway, does anyone have any opinions/suggestions?

Thanks!
    My AARs: [EB AAR] Sons of Achilles

Like RPing? Like Imperial Rome? Check out Aeterna Roma!

Default Re: AAR or AH?

Take a look at this. It was a big hit in the AAR section. I'm not sure how much of an overlap there is between the AAR and Historical Fiction forums, but you may even post it in both.
    Hope to read it soon!

Thanks for the link, that's pretty much exactly how my history is set up. I'll be sure to update this post once I get my own AAR/History posted. Thanks again!

Edit: I've started my AAR, though I decided to go in a slightly different direction than I hinted at with my first post. If anyone is interested, please feel free to take a gander: Legacy, A Story of Epirus.
    Last edited by christophoros; February 18, 2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added a link to my AAR.
    My AARs: [EB AAR] Sons of Achilles

Like RPing? Like Imperial Rome? Check out Aeterna Roma!

No problem, glad to help.

ReD_OcToBeR's Avatar Senator

This took me some time to dig up, but this is what I consider to be perhaps the greatest "text only" aars out there, minus one post on the campaign map because people demanded it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250307 In fact all of his work was brilliant. I guess I linked this because it proved AARs don't really need pictures if you can tell a story well and have people wanting more. He had an alternate history that was as believable as our own.

Therefore your idea of wanting to write an alternate history based on your campaign, would be great and interesting to many.