Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Intro Cinematic/Final trailer

Default Re: Intro Cinematic/Final trailer

I loved the intro. Really looking forward to this mod. I think it might be the thing to really get me into this period of history. I love ancient history, Napoleonic, and World War II history, but I have never quite found as much interest in the time period DOTS covers, but from the look of the mod it might just do the trick. Excellent work.

May I ask where the clips in it are from?

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

All over the place- some from The Tudors series, some from a Russian film called Tzar, some from a TV series about the Lionheart and Saladin

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Well I have to say that this met absolutely every expectation I had of the quality, artistry and in this case eloquence of the material produced by the DOTS team. The speech was brilliant, really I admired it quite a bit. Kudos to whoever wrote it / found it somewhere. It also really well presents all the aspects of the mod such as culture, religion, intrigue and most of all warfare. I mean these are the types of things you use as your tools of conquest in games like Med 2 (at least once DOTS has made it what it should have been and more) and this intro was perfect as it introduced these elements in the medieval setting perfectly. Basically it really made me want to start playing, which is I think what you really want an intro movie to do.

Awesome awesome awesome awesome work Hross + EVERYONE. Really, thanks for sharing. + Rep to one and all...
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

awoeeee ! ...it's excellent intro movie !

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    Kudos to whoever wrote it / found it somewhere.
    Wow, praise indeed, thanks. We are making it for people like you who appreciate it!

Actually I wrote it, thought it summed up the mod and the times pretty well. Not 100% happy with my voice acting, but

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

This is very good and you bring very good news.
    How do I +rep the DotS team?

Jimmy

I'm very glad to see so many positive remarks. Kudos to Hross for his excellent management, providing the scenes and for his stunning speech!

Epic!

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Better than CA!

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Wow, praise indeed, thanks. We are making it for people like you who appreciate it!

Actually I wrote it, thought it summed up the mod and the times pretty well. Not 100% happy with my voice acting, but
    I actually thought the voice acting had a kind of rough authenticity to it. Now, of course I have no idea what an actual period accent would sound like, but I was quite happy with your voice.

mayotte's Avatar Civis

EPIC !!!!!

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Delta146 View Post
    I actually thought the voice acting had a kind of rough authenticity to it. Now, of course I have no idea what an actual period accent would sound like, but I was quite happy with your voice.
    If anything, it was a bit posh. English accents of the day would likely have been divided between regional peasant ones, perhaps a few less broad town ones, and then the upper classes would have spoken French in most cases for at least half of our time period. Also the Great Vowel shift has not perhaps been taken into account.

But of course you wouldn't have understood it if it was spoken in a broad pre-Vowel Shift West Country Middle English, not to mention the fact that it would take a good few months to perfect it, so its understandable that Hross went with this option, sounded brilliant anyway.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Yeah a Middle English Samwise Gamgee wouldn't have had quite the same effect

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

This is sooo great!! I cant wait spending my entire summer playing this!!!!
    Will and act until victory

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Cool video, no doubt
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

excellent stuff guys

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Thanks to everyone who voted for us at Total War Centre, for the mod and all our team members. Here is a little thank you for all your support through the years.

This will be the final words from us until we release the mod some time in the next few months.

This will be the game intro movie, we thought it would be a nice teaser for you all too.

All credit to NeigeNoire for making this piece as well as over 40 in game cinematic features for the campaign.

Visit us here for more: http://www.moddb.com/mods/dominion-of-the-sword
    Excellent!

What sources? Arn I recognize (I saw it in Spanish and Swedish) as well as?
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Thank you very much

All over the place- some from The Tudors series, some from a Russian film called Tzar, some from a TV series about the Lionheart and Saladin

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Top quality intro for sure!

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

This is legit, I will totally DL this the moment it comes out, I think u guys are gonna get jobs at CA
    Low speed, High Drag

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast