Thread: Groupformations.pack for testing

Default Groupformations.pack for testing

Groupformations.pack from Empire Total war if anyone wants to test it I had some interesting results with it , put it into your data directory delete any previews groupformation files. You can try tweaking battle_entities , unit_stats_land , kv_rules to test. I also can post groupformations files from early ETW versions for testing later.

I suggest testing it with cavalry and without in custom battles see if there's any difference.
    Last edited by A.Suvorov; February 15, 2011 at 09:05 PM.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Groupformations.pack for testing

Enabling the mod in the user script causes me to lose all sound.

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    Enabling the mod in the user script causes me to lose all sound.
    Dont need to enable it in userscript its a movie file.And no sound problems for me so it might be conflict with another groupformations.pack file if you have one.
    Last edited by A.Suvorov; February 15, 2011 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Suvorov View Post
    Dont need to enable it in userscript its a movie file.
    That would explain why it didn't show up in the mod manager. I'll starting testing it now.

EDIT: In my first battle I didn't notice any significant improvement in infantry movements but the A.I. seems to finally be able to use Mounted riflemen properly. When I wasn't looking they parked a unit of Mounted Jaegers right behind my Grenadiers and started wailing on them with their carbines. I've never seen them do that. :O

Some pics:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Smoke mod made it impossible to get a clear shot after this.
    Last edited by hippacrocafish; February 15, 2011 at 09:29 PM.

I tested 2 battles with different unit sizes and my edited original trom_core with 1.5 multiplier I had AI form 3 and 4 lines when they attack but I only test with full 20 units per army.Which version you use 1.2 or 1.5? By the way I tested in campaign battles custom may have different results.
    Last edited by A.Suvorov; February 15, 2011 at 10:20 PM.

I tested 2 battles with different unit sizes and my edited original trom_core with 1.5 multiplier I had AI form 3 and 4 lines when they attack but I only test with full 20 units per army.Which version you use 1.2 or 1.5?
    1.5 and I'm using smaller armies, around 9-10 units.

I tested 2 battles with different unit sizes and my edited original trom_core with 1.5 multiplier I had AI form 3 and 4 lines when they attack but I only test with full 20 units per army.Which version you use 1.2 or 1.5? By the way I tested in campaign battles custom may have different results.

I'll test it asap...
    what do you think? have you seen general improvement (less overlapping)?

After quite a few battles I can safely say that the A.I.'s maneuvering has be improved greatly, they watch their flanks for cavalry and react to my charges, among other cool stuff. the only problem that I can see is that they sometimes get too close before opening fire, sometimes that means they end up in a melee by accident, that and they seem to still have no regard for the lives of their generals (i.e. charging them into the fray for no reason).

Other than that it's a great improvement.

EDIT: Did you edit the fatigue of units? My soldiers are getting tired just from marching.
    Last edited by hippacrocafish; February 16, 2011 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    After quite a few battles I can safely say that the A.I.'s maneuvering has be improved greatly, they watch their flanks for cavalry and react to my charges, among other cool stuff. the only problem that I can see is that they sometimes get too close before opening fire, sometimes that means they end up in a melee by accident, that and they seem to still have no regard for the lives of their generals (i.e. charging them into the fray for no reason).

Other than that it's a great improvement.

EDIT: Did you edit the fatigue of units? My soldiers are getting tired just from marching.
    Just groupformations.bin file nothing else is edited easily accumulated fatigue is a trom feature I believe.