Thread: Customisable Castles.

Semisalis

Default Customisable Castles.

I have not heard word if customizable castles are back in the game.

I do remember in the original M:TW you could build add-ons to the castle to improve its defensibility. Such as Canon towers or special walls that Jutted out of the castle so they could hit targets far away etc.

This is somthing that was sorely missed in R:TW. Apart from the Usual options of upgrading settlements to towns to Cities etc. you could not for instance customise the city mith defensibly moats and stuff.( Yes I know moats are mainly from medival times but you get the idea)

You could even take this a step further so you can build stronger doors or better gate defenses to make your castle stronger at keypoints you find are your weakness on the battlefield.

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

If it was in the original MTW, they would be stupid not to include it in MTW2.

Who knows really.

To me, the campaign map of Rome was not as dynamic as the one for MTW.

I hope MTW2 is a huge step foward and not one backward.

yeah, the castles were great in Medieval. I had a lot of fun attacking and defending well defended castles.

"In the time of battle the loss of innocent life is inevatiable... thats just fate"
    - Gatts, the Black Swordsman

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Man, when I read the title, I was thinking of a "Stronghold" type of customization. That would be awesome if they could incorporate that, but I doubt it. Think of it. You could totally customize your castles, completely! You could make them impenetrable!

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by therussian
    Man, when I read the title, I was thinking of a "Stronghold" type of customization. That would be awesome if they could incorporate that, but I doubt it. Think of it. You could totally customize your castles, completely! You could make them impenetrable!
    *salivates ferociously*

Oh god, that would be so ****ing amazing.

Elmar's Avatar Senator

I just pray that they improved cannon targetting. The heavy defensive add-ons were a liability with a nasty habit of shooting up your own walls. I preferred doing without them and parking Swiss pikemen at the gates and any breach the AI made instead.
    With siege defenses my walls would soon be breached on multiple locations and my troops soon overwhelmed even with the serious whupping the cannons were giving to attackers. Doing without them was a lot less spectacular but did end in a victory 99% of the time. God bless the Swiss Pike!

**edited coz ah iz fick**
    To Subaltern: Yes, every junior officer may carry a Field Marshal's baton in his knapsack, but we think you'll discard that to make room for an extra pair of socks before very long.
    Wipers Times