Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diggy's Arty Sounds [VIDEO]

Default Diggy's Arty Sounds [VIDEO]

Diggy's Improved Artillery Sounds

Photo of actual Napoleonic 12pdrs at Manassas Battlefield, Virginia (from my personal archive)

Video created by Nanny. Please rep him accordingly

This is my new artillery sound mod for NTW. It provides a more "punchy" artillery sound for all artillery when fired. It is just the sound of the cannons firing. For impact and explosion sounds I recommend GeraldDuval's sounds (can be found in ETW sound mod thread). (GSs sounds are actually incorporated into most major sound mods anyway but many have forgotten whose they originally were. Give him some rep even though he doesn't frequent these forums anymore.)

DOWNLOAD: Diggy's Arty Sounds

What I have done is combined some of the great GeraldDuval's artillery sounds (recorded from actual artillery pieces) and added another layer over the top from a secondary source. This mod, like my musket sound mod, is not for everybody. Some will not like it and may find the sounds too "booming". I'm simply trying to shake things up a bit. The result is a nice mix between "thundering" and "echo" with a good solid "punch/pop" to really give you the feeling of being on the battlefield. So turn up the speakers and feel the percussion in your chest!

Goes great with my musket sound mod DiggyPoP Muskets.

Installation:
    It is in mod format. Just unzip, drop in your data folder and activate using the mod manager.

EDIT: UPDATED 15 Feb, 2011. Includes more diversified sounds! Occasionally, you will even hear a subtle "whine" or low pitched scream simulating the outgoing round cutting through the air.

EDIT: UPDATE 21 FEB, 2011. Replaced some sounds that sounded too much like modern day artillery.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by ♔Dignan♔; February 21, 2011 at 09:02 AM.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Diggy's Arty Sounds

Hey Dignan, nice job mate. Is there a way we could see a clip of it though. I have been looking for some new cannon sounds. Thanks man, you know what I will try it out and let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Hey Dignan, nice job mate. Is there a way we could see a clip of it though. I have been looking for some new cannon sounds. Thanks man, you know what I will try it out and let you know!
    Thanks Airborne. I wish I could put a clip up but unfortunately my PC doesn't record sound when I use FRAPS. Crappy, I know. Give em a whirl...I think you'll be pleased.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

I will put up a clip at week's end...I'm away from home right now, but will be back Fri/Sat on my computer...if someone hasn't by then, I'll do it mate

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny de Bodemloze View Post
    I will put up a clip at week's end...I'm away from home right now, but will be back Fri/Sat on my computer...if someone hasn't by then, I'll do it mate
    Thanks a lot Nanny. I couldn't appreciate it more!

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

By the way, these work with Empire.

Nice job, these cannons actually sound power.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    By the way, these work with Empire.

Nice job, these cannons actually sound power.

Yes they do. THanks for mentioning it. Most sound mods actually are compatible with both ETW and NTW

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Here is a quick demo of what this mod sounds like...

(watch/listen in HD for best results)

Other mods seen in this vid:
    Hedge Knight's Equipment Retexture
    Oby's Firing Animation Tweaks
    LME
    Last edited by Nanny de Bodemloze; February 20, 2011 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny de Bodemloze View Post
    Here is a quick demo of what this mod sounds like...

(watch/listen in HD for best results)

Other mods seen in this vid:
    Hedge Knight's Equipment Retexture
    Oby's Firing Animation Tweaks
    LME

Can't thank you enough Nanny! Class A video as usual.

Default Re: Diggy's Arty Sounds [VIDEO]

MOD UPDATE: After playing with this for a while I found a few of the sounds to be a bit much. They sounded more like modern day artillery...too loud for Napoleonic times. So I removed them and replaced them with others that are more fitting. Download has been updated. Enjoy!

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Good god, nice sounds!
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

I can't imagine playing NTW without your excellent sound mods! Thank you!

Null
    Last edited by Ishiro; November 27, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Is this the same sound mod used in the Battlefield smoke mod if it is then it and the smoke mod make artillery look just like the real thing like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eox-jnTaEgk

Null
    Last edited by Ishiro; January 07, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt's Beaten Drum View Post
    Ok Diggy, according to what we agreed through PM's these are the edited sounds that needed adjustment IMO. If you choose to use them (anyone) just open PFM and replace the respective files with these ones. Hope these help, if they do +rep please, if not, +rep too for have tried it at least.

EDIT: I have added a second attachment which i have myself replaced the sounds in Dignan's Arty Mod with those shown in the first attachment. So you can just use it right away by placing in your data directory, without having to go through the replacing process yourselves.

IMHO, this mod by Diggy has the best arty sounds found in sound's mod yet.

Thanks for posting this Sgt. I don't have much time these days to play the game or edit mods so I appreciate it.

May I ask from which effects mod comes those arty's smokes groundexplosions?

Thanks in advance

I'm here to serve, after all we are a community that expects the best TW gaming experience ever. Happy to contribute to the cause.

nice to have an Artillery mod that does not sound like the sounds were taken with a mobile phone! cheers, mate!

Havoc04's Avatar Tiro

Question about this mod. Darth pointed out that if i use this that Darths artillery wont work in his mod.. So does this mod alter any stat files? Or is it just a sound mod? Sound files?..

Regards
    Windows 7 64Bit//Intel Core I7 2600k//16 Gig G-Skill 1866 Ram//Galaxy Nvidia GTX780 3gb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast