View Poll Results: Shall he get citizenship?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 84.62%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

2 15.38%

Thread: [PASSED] Hero of the west (Patron: Eöl)

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Default [PASSED] Hero of the west (Patron: Eöl)

Eöl
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am proud to patronise Hero of the west (patrician1) today. He first posted in the tatw forum about a year ago and he soon began modding. He learned first 2d art, then coding and finally scripting while he was working on his mods. Although he came to a forum with already hundreds of submods, his mods have all been original ideas each adding a unique aspect to tawt. Lately he has even combined many submods into a single 'all in one' submod, which is a lot of work due to issues with compatibility and surely shows a skilled modder deserving of artifex. Finally he is very supportive towards the community which i believe is extremely important for a real modder.
    Thanks for your time,

Hero of the West
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hello CdeC members.
    I have been active on TWC for over a year now and I have recently been offered to apply to become a citizen patronized by Eöl. I am a very active member of the TATW forum and I also haunt around in the Stainless Steel forum. My former name was Patrician1, maybe I am more known by that name. My main interest has always been 2d art, but i can also code, script, write and research. Don’t know if I need to state this but as far as I know I have no infractions.

I’ll first start with telling about the different projects I created and the ones I am currently working on..
    Small Projects mods..
    This mod consists out: A Region Video mod which adds 11 new video’s made by MasterBigAb and Raiven, and 2 new wonders onto the map. I made the idea, I did the scripting/coding and I did descriptions/lore research.
    I also made a free resource for ancillary pictures which contains many new ancillaries made by myself and other members from the community, including Eöl. The small projects mods also contain a faction heir system mod and will in the near future contain missions for the main hero’s of LOTR. For this mod I made the ideas, art and descriptions/lore research.
    Lastly it has new faction symbols made by cedric37 and master necromancer.

Currently i just released a new overhaul submod which contains many smaller submods. It now contains around 28 submods and I am still working on adding more while getting rid of the bugs that where already present in the used mods. As you can see in the thread, I am trying to be active in supporting the community with solving issues about my work and the work I use.

I also was working on a mission mod for stainless steel, however due to my workweeks of 52 hours i had to choose between TATW and SS.
    Besides my mods I am also very active in helping other people with their mods. There is much variation in this. I wrote a few descriptions for vanilla TATW, made a signature for VoA, Worked together with Baron Samedi on the Elves departure script, created the harad shield from Small Projects faction symbols, made a number of ancillaries and probably much more which I can't recall at the moment..

Anyone can freely use my mods for their own use so I support them with this to and the implementing of these mods. In the future I intend to become more active in DaC and War of the simarils. 2 of the bigger mods currently being created in the TATW forum.
    I hope I have told enough about my contributions and that they are sufficient to become a citizen. Really look forward to that day. If there are any questions don’t hesitate to PM.
    greetings

Hero of the West/ Patrician1

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [Citizen Application] Hero of the west (Patron: Eöl)

I am currently very pleased with the applicant. I am going to look a little further. And hi Eol.

Lol another one, i'm exhausted, pours more coffee.
    And yeah i have seen this guy around, has a cool avatar of Aragorn.
    Have to go through stuff before i say something on this one.

I like the released modding work

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

Looks like a really talented modder, especially when it comes to Ancillaries and descriptions. I'm impressed, great attitude and a mostly clean history, pretty easy yes for me.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

First link, combining 28 submods................... and its released! Looks good so far, if the app continues like that it will be a yes. Not sure how much work is his in that link but still the time to make it all work together... priceless.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    First link, combining 28 submods................... and its released! Looks good so far, if the app continues like that it will be a yes. Not sure how much work is his in that link but still the time to make it all work together... priceless.
    Hold on, Karaislam was lambasted for his submod compilation not being made up of his own work and it was also said that compiling a compilation really isn't terribly difficult. What's different about Hero of the west's?

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Content Emeritus

That was more a difference in opinion between myself and Ishan. Furthermore, the "vanilla" TATW is harder to mod the "vanilla" Stainless Steel (at least in my experience). There is also the fact that karaislam was compiling various standalone submods. There is less chance of conflict there because davide.cool made his mods that way. Regarding most of the Third Age sub mods, they are much harder to pack together because of various scripts and the fact that they are not stand alone. In fact, a good deal of them (such as the excellent FROME) overwrite the original files and change aspects of the mod.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety

Well that's put my concerns to rest.

I can see that he's active in the various sub-forums of TATW giving out technical help and aiding those who need help in getting their modification to work. That, coupled with the two submods will tip the balance to a "yes" from me I think.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Hold on, Karaislam was lambasted for his submod compilation not being made up of his own work and it was also said that compiling a compilation really isn't terribly difficult. What's different about Hero of the west's?
    He wasn't lambasted by me. I have experience with combining submods and its not always easy. A quick look over the content and it was obvious to me that combining the range of the 28 submods in to one working release was a lot of work. By itself... not enough for artifex (maybe).. as I post I will be looking over the rest of the app.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

I have just taken a quick read on the links he has provided and he isn't similar to the previous fellow.

Submods most of the times can share common files so.....
    It's not simply replacing of files to make'em work in this case but one has to actually edit those files to put those submods in it and one can only do that if he knows what he is doing that is effort is required, what to take, where to put it, tweak it accordingly to the other mod and then finally test it in game.

His work is orientated on mainly scripts that usually requires modding of 3 basic files EDA, EDCT and the CS. Although it's minor modding but on a large scale it can be a pain which is quite clear he has gone through. Presentation of the threads and mention of credits etc is also commendable. He has also made his mods as a free resource that adds another +1 in my book.

I will go through the rest of it in detail but right now leaning towards a yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    Furthermore, the "vanilla" TATW is harder to mod the "vanilla" Stainless Steel (at least in my experience).
    There is no difference, different mods based on the same game using common files & algorithms.
    Last edited by Ishan; February 16, 2011 at 05:48 PM.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Quality modding work, and a good attitude. A yes from me.

Seems like a nice fellow and he has done some very nice modding work. The first mod he linked to is especially good. Although he has made good contributions they are relatively small in number.

But I'm still leaning towards a yes.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Content Emeritus

Poll added.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

I am grateful for the submod consolidation discussion. It was helpful. I will be voting yes.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

A yes from me as well.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

passed
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54