Thread: How's Your Campaign Going?

Default How's Your Campaign Going?

A thread made for players to describe how their campaigns are going.

Gordon and Stewart fled from Khartoum early-on, and fought off some pretty large armies in the area. They lunged at Khartoum hoping to capture it before reinforcements arrived, but they were too late, and Al-Mahdi himself attacked the small, exhausted force of Gordon's (only around 270 or less men) with around 2,100 men. The few British fought bravely (I managed to kill about 700 Mahdists troops before losing, and even then I only lost because my men ran out of ammo ), but were overrun and slaughtered, Gordon and Stewart included. Stewart's men tried to make a last-stand square formation, but a flank attack by a mass of Mahdist cavalry (the AI is massively improved in this: every battle I find myself getting flanked with cavalry) ruined that attempt.

Meanwhile, farther north, Kitchener's been dealing some decisive victories against the Mahdists and Ottomans, but, while sieging Gharbia, he's come under attack by nearly 4,100 Mahdists. With only 1,700 or so men, I'm anxious to see what will happen. Meanwhile, the Ottomans are amassing some full stacks to deal with the Beduins...then possibly attack me!

That's where I left off so far. Playing on VH Campaign, N Battle. So far, it's been pretty challenging.
    Last edited by RuleBritannia; January 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM.

Default Re: How's Your Campaign Going?

i am happy to see you are enjoying it

im playing as England but can`t recruit soldiers? edit works now(;
    Last edited by oberst_ag; February 05, 2011 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oberst_ag View Post
    im playing as England but can`t recruit soldiers? edit works now(;
    I can't! (and I've been trying to find a solution in the forum for a while already) Edit: ok, 2nd time I run the program and now recruiting works properly. SO I have to suppose that it's a first-time disarrangement...
    Last edited by jamacadi; February 12, 2011 at 10:50 AM.

hi,

this mod sounds great! what campagn map are you using?

"mahdists"

lol