Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Knights of St. John mod - Finally released!

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Knights of St. John mod - Finally released!

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Graf, I was just giving another example of the Knights' inferior naval power....they can't get any of the naval technologies until they get a school...and the closest place to get a school would be Tunis, which is owned by the Barbary States. I managed to conquer it with a meager force, and it took me 20 turns to pacify it, fighting rebels and another 40 turns to wait for a town to grow so I can actually build a school.
    Isn't there a town you can demolish, though? But I have to agree, the Knights are just a tad too difficult to play. Especially due to the fact that they have to demolish their original port in order to get any trade income at all.

Anyway, your post seemed to be sarcastic, so I decided to clarify what I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Graf zu Adler View Post
    Isn't there a town you can demolish, though? But I have to agree, the Knights are just a tad too difficult to play. Especially due to the fact that they have to demolish their original port in order to get any trade income at all.

Anyway, your post seemed to be sarcastic, so I decided to clarify what I meant
    Oh, I didn't intend for my post to be sarcastic...gah.

I don't think Tunis starts out with a town that I can demolish. It's the only place I can invade without angering other nations....heheh.

I sort of regret starting off the Knights in a hard campaign....but I guess being successful is quite an achievement. Long live the knights!

Oh, I didn't intend for my post to be sarcastic...gah.

I don't think Tunis starts out with a town that I can demolish. It's the only place I can invade without angering other nations....heheh.

I sort of regret starting off the Knights in a hard campaign....but I guess being successful is quite an achievement. Long live the knights!
    Yeah, I will play a campaign with the knights when I'm done with my current Savoyard one.

Also, the units from this mod make the knights quite tough as enemies, too. I took Malta easily with a 15-unit army, but it rebelled and the rebels, with a handful of order militias, actually defeated me (I admit, I auto-resolve often, as I did here, but still). Now I'll need to send a huge army their way....ah well, for the moment I have peace everywhere else, so I can afford it.

Yeah, I will play a campaign with the knights when I'm done with my current Savoyard one.

Also, the units from this mod make the knights quite tough as enemies, too. I took Malta easily with a 15-unit army, but it rebelled and the rebels, with a handful of order militias, actually defeated me (I admit, I auto-resolve often, as I did here, but still). Now I'll need to send a huge army their way....ah well, for the moment I have peace everywhere else, so I can afford it.

Hope our Militia will give you another hard time!
    There's nothing to fear but fear itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Eärnur View Post
    Hope our Militia will give you another hard time!
    Gladly, they didn't. But I came across another problem here: the Grand Master's palace only allows recruitment of Line Infantry and Horse Artillery for factions that conquer the place. Maybe change it to the standard Royal Palace recruitment roster, or perhaps even with a few nice fancy additions, so that it even is a benefit to conquerors?

Planning to use it as a naval staging ground of sorts?

Nah, their fleets were getting annoying, and they kept blockading one of my trade partners, so I decided to get rid of them. Anyway, I accidentally overwrote the auto-save when trying out a flag mod (revolutionary flags for minors), so I'll be off to start my campaign with the knights now. I already have an idea what to do and where to go, too. The Indian crusade

EDIT: Oh, I noticed another thing. Above Fourth-Rates, the Knights can only recruit Admiral's flagships (3rd and 1st rate). Do you intend to fix this?
    Last edited by Graf zu Adler; April 25, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

I spam privateers (using Swiss Halberdier's AUM) and capture the superior ships of other nations. Recently acquired a few Steamships and a Heavy First Rate this way.

In my hard campaign I own a few provinces and I'm at war with the Ottomans and the Polish, both of whom have huge navies. I'm taking provinces I can protect one at a time, and I make my living by taking rebel provinces in the Americas for trade and raiding enemy trade routes.....pirate Knights indeed.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

What I meant is make it possible to build earlier, or possibly even have it be there on the start of the game. You have to take a major faction's capital, or demolish the military port in Malta, before you can trade with anyone, which makes it near impossible to maintain a decently-sized military.
    Valletta(unfortunately) cannot be made a major city. Someone in the mod's progress thread had said it causes a CTD as a major city does not fit on the island. The map isn't moddable either, so I'll snoop around the mod workshop to see how I can make the Grand Harbour present from the start.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Oh yeah, was it intended for Order Militia Cavalry to be unable to fire their pistols on the move? They can only fire while standing still.

Jingo Eugene's Avatar Vicarius

This may be the first mod I download. I approve of it and the Knights of St. John.
    Jingo Eugene
    "A wise man in times of peace, will prepare for war. Peace is boring, and the wise man has nothing better to do with his time." -Anon

Over the hills...

This is awesome!
    The textures are beautifal

Oh yeah, was it intended for Order Militia Cavalry to be unable to fire their pistols on the move? They can only fire while standing still.
    I think that's a problem with all ETW mounted ranged units, is it not?

Light Dragoons and Horse Archers and Mounted Cacciatori can fire while moving.

Light Dragoons and Horse Archers and Mounted Cacciatori can fire while moving.
    Wait, then which unit are you reporting not firing whilst moving? If I remember correctly, the Order cav were melee cav, not ranged cav.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Wait, then which unit are you reporting not firing whilst moving? If I remember correctly, the Order cav were melee cav, not ranged cav.
    The Order Militia Cavalry and their pistols.

The Order Militia Cavalry and their pistols.
    You mean the mounted guys here, right?

I uninstalled ETW a couple of months ago, so I can't really check it out.
    If anything it's better this way though. I doubt that most Maltese people knew how to ride+shoot simultaneously at the time

Yeah those guys. XD I see I see!

Laetus

Hello Odin,
    I have grandparents who are maltese and I am deperate to play on your (...and the others who contributed...) mod, but for reasons unbeknown to husserlTW(creator of Empire total factions) and myself, ETF doesn't work for me.

Do you know of any other mods that would allow me to play as any faction and still be able to play the knights of saint john mod?

Thanks in advanced,

Jackcat626

GasCanGerry's Avatar Libertus
    In the middle of nowhere with her husband, Eustace Bagge...

I have ETW factions installed and it works perfectly, i added the mod packs to the user script and it still won't work! Id really like to try out this mod, but this problem really is bugging me...