Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Knights of St. John mod - Finally released!

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Knights of St. John mod - Finally released!

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius the Mighty View Post
    This mod looks AMAZING! I love the Knights of St John faction, I always try and ally with them no matter who I'm playing as, they're just that cool.

I already have a bunch of my own modifications running, presumably this will work alongside them if I run it in the Mod Manager and add the building and new unit names into my existing loc file?
    Yes as long as those mods don't do anything to the Knights they should run fine.

Yep, got it working. I'm right in saying that the mod as released is only for custom battles?

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius the Mighty View Post
    Yep, got it working. I'm right in saying that the mod as released is only for custom battles?
    If you get a startpos mod like Empire Total Factions then they're playable on the campaign. Be warned, it's very hard.

I've done a bit of startpos modding myself, maybe it's something to take a look at. Anyway, great job on the units!

Finally! Very well done on the mod +rep!
    There's nothing to fear but fear itself...

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Eärnur View Post
    Finally! Very well done on the mod +rep!
    Hu gost tkaxkar lil kulhadd taht il-bandiera ex-ta' Malta xD
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

excellent work! gonna try this out. I'm using standard DM 6.9. I am assuming all should work as i noticed on the UPC page that your mod was in version 6.3

Some screenies I took, not really a lot, just some random ones
    Knights of Malta vs Barbary Libyans
    Ohh I'm so tough...I'm a drummer oohhh

Maltese line regiment

I like turtles

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

The Order Militia's defense is pretty high...at 18!

I can pretty much spam them instead of the other Order units!

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    The Order Militia's defense is pretty high...at 18!

I can pretty much spam them instead of the other Order units!
    Uhh...uhh...it's cos we Maltese people are as tough as nails?
    Nah joking, I'll look a bit on it.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

I like it at 18 so leave it

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Uhh...uhh...it's cos we Maltese people are as tough as nails?
    Nah joking, I'll look a bit on it.

Actually...I wouldn't be surprised if you guys are tougher than nails....having to withstand invasions and such would probably make even the militia badass mofos.

+rep

My favorite unit is the Knight General. I'm a bit surprised their stats are identical to the generals of other nations....I thought the armor would increase their defense a bit. Sorry if I sound like I'm whining. Still an awesome unit though!
    Last edited by IGdood; April 17, 2011 at 04:18 AM.

Also, the milita would've had training and equipping by the Order in the mod, hence their stats.

Yeah that makes sense...although Order line Infantry seem to be more of the better shooting type, since they can use Fire By Rank.

The Order Marines have really nice uniforms...

Well indeed, Militia should stay as they are. I mean Maltese life at that time was basically farming and hunting, so the general commoners would be good at shooting and surviving. Besides, a group of peasants armed with muskets ambushed a whole French column passing through a valley in "Ħaż-Żebbuġ" in 1798 and literally crushed the supposedly invincible infantry of the French Armee d'Orient so...

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Great mod, +rep

I do have one suggestion though: move the Grand Harbour further up in the "Docks" construction tree, because you are unable to build it without researching the naval technology for the second drydock, which requires an admiralty. And those things are too bloody rare anyway, it's impossible to get one without starting a major war (since if I remember correctly all but two are in major nations' capitals, and all of them in faction capitals), a thing that has always annoyed me anyway. It extremely minimizes the naval capability of almost all minor factions, which sucks when you want to lead a minor faction to at least regional dominance. By the time you get an admiralty, everyone else has 3rd-Rates most of the time

The enemy gets second rates by the time I manage to get a school up and running in Tunis, hahahaahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Graf zu Adler View Post
    Great mod, +rep

I do have one suggestion though: move the Grand Harbour further up in the "Docks" construction tree, because you are unable to build it without researching the naval technology for the second drydock, which requires an admiralty. And those things are too bloody rare anyway, it's impossible to get one without starting a major war (since if I remember correctly all but two are in major nations' capitals, and all of them in faction capitals), a thing that has always annoyed me anyway. It extremely minimizes the naval capability of almost all minor factions, which sucks when you want to lead a minor faction to at least regional dominance. By the time you get an admiralty, everyone else has 3rd-Rates most of the time
    Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    The enemy gets second rates by the time I manage to get a school up and running in Tunis, hahahaahaha!
    Well, that's the joy of playing a minor underdog faction. You need to work hard to reap the benefits. Honestly I don't know how moving the Grand Harbour would work though, I mean it's a natural harbour. Our harbour has been there since the island was formed so

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Well, that's the joy of playing a minor underdog faction. You need to work hard to reap the benefits. Honestly I don't know how moving the Grand Harbour would work though, I mean it's a natural harbour. Our harbour has been there since the island was formed so
    What I meant is make it possible to build earlier, or possibly even have it be there on the start of the game. You have to take a major faction's capital, or demolish the military port in Malta, before you can trade with anyone, which makes it near impossible to maintain a decently-sized military.

And IGdood, I wasn't referring to technology in general (that would be done within a few turns) but rather naval technology - you need an admiralty to research that, and it's damn hard to get one. Although in my current campaign as Savoy, the Brits took Spain, where thrown out by the French - and then the French declared war on me. So now I have two admiralties (Madrid and Paris). (I had started that campaign before I downloaded this mod, so I decided to finish it first).

Graf, I was just giving another example of the Knights' inferior naval power....they can't get any of the naval technologies until they get a school...and the closest place to get a school would be Tunis, which is owned by the Barbary States. I managed to conquer it with a meager force, and it took me 20 turns to pacify it, fighting rebels and another 40 turns to wait for a town to grow so I can actually build a school.