Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rule violation: Poach

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Default Rule violation: Poach

Poach griefed into my HQ tonight to attack me. Story: They were blocking the Dwarven capital and I slew Danny in 1 vs 1 ambush. I then retreated to my HQ and Poach and Kats searched for me. Rather than using the entrance (which was well hidden) they simply griefed through levels of stone to get to me. I took a screen shot and logged off. The picture shows where Poach griefed in.

I attempted to log on to take more pictures, but they (kats and poach) were camping my log in/out point. I will show the real entrance (which Selukon has used) once they allow me to not be camped.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Rule violation: Poach

I, at the time, did not know Hilary was hiding in a specifically-made HQ. I was under the impression he was hiding in natural caves underground. As per the griefing rule:

No destroying anybody else's buildings without their permission, period. If by accident you destroy a block that is a part of a building you should replace it.
    Bolded part is the relevent part.

As I did not know I was damaging a player-made structure, what I did was "accidental griefing" and I have, as the rules state, replaced the damaged blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    I, at the time, did not know Hilary was hiding in a specifically-made HQ. I was under the impression he was hiding in natural caves underground. As per the griefing rule:

As I did not know I was damaging a player-made structure, what I did was "accidental griefing" and I have, as the rules state, replaced the damaged blocks.
    You were chasing me and there was no 'cave' entrance. You saw my name and dug down to it. I like how you are trampling on the rules by claiming accident.

'Poach: Their entire lands are not protected under griefing rules, only their structures. I did not know you were in a man-made structure, and Kats has all your stuff' -- steam conversation. So, you are allowed to go digging on other people's lands at random?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Well, yes. The rules don't cover entire Kingdoms, only structures.

Well, yes. The rules don't cover entire Kingdoms, only structures.
    Which you changed recently. And seeing as that was a structure and you did not unintentionally use your pickaxe to dig straight down to me, you are still breaking the rules. You cannot unintentionally dig after someone in the middle of their land just because you see it fit.

Tuor's Avatar Senator

Could you provide a link to this rule? I can't seem to find it.

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

Lol, you people.

Stuntdawg5's Avatar Ordinarius

So....You want to get Poach in trouble because you built an HQ in the middle of nowhere, with an entrance that is almost unfindable, and in a natural cave....Do you see the problem with this? Griefing in random land is not against the rules, nor has it ever been. You cannot blame Poach for digging in random land with absolutely no buildings around.

And Lol @ Doyle. I agree. I almost died laughing when I saw this thread and the thread on Tony's "rule breaking"

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Romanus III View Post
    Which you changed recently. And seeing as that was a structure and you did not unintentionally use your pickaxe to dig straight down to me, you are still breaking the rules. You cannot unintentionally dig after someone in the middle of their land just because you see it fit.
    I have made no alterations to the griefing rule. Nor did I claim I dug to you intentionally: I said I griefed unintentionally, which I did. The rules (which I have not altered) state I cannot grief a player structure, and if I do so by accident (which I did, I didn't know your cave was player-made) I must replace the damage, which I did.

My defence has been made. Move on with this as you see fit.

Tuor's Avatar Senator

I looked there, but skimmed past it every time .

Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntdawg5 View Post
    So....You want to get Poach in trouble because you built an HQ in the middle of nowhere, with an entrance that is almost unfindable, and in a natural cave....Do you see the problem with this? Griefing in random land is not against the rules, nor has it ever been. You cannot blame Poach for digging in random land with absolutely no buildings around.

And Lol @ Doyle. I agree. I almost died laughing when I saw this thread and the thread on Tony's "rule breaking"
    It was inside the dwarven city, urahamr. Not some random land with no buildings around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntdawg5 View Post

Random land? So, within seeing distance of the Dwarven Capital (barring the forest) is random? A natural cave? I dug out all of that to make it feel more realistic. And are you seriously trying to say that because my entrance is well-hidden that I should allow those that are not as clever as I to simply barge in with a ing pickaxe? Or are people that build underground not entitled to have their buildings thought of simply because they aren't visible to any 'tard that would assume that everyone builds above ground.

I was out playing them and they got frustrated and dug a stupid hole to chase me.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Poach didnt violate any rules Rom, your just trying to get him in trouble.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

The accusation has been made and my defence has been posted. Are we going to move this along?

The accusation has been made and my defence has been posted. Are we going to move this along?
    Aren't we supposed to give these enough time for the community to view?

Vicarius

Random land? So, within seeing distance of the Dwarven Capital (barring the forest) is random? A natural cave? I dug out all of that to make it feel more realistic. And are you seriously trying to say that because my entrance is well-hidden that I should allow those that are not as clever as I to simply barge in with a ing pickaxe? Or are people that build underground not entitled to have their buildings thought of simply because they aren't visible to any 'tard that would assume that everyone builds above ground.

I was out playing them and they got frustrated and dug a stupid hole to chase me.
    Actually, it technically is part of the dwarven capital

Stuntdawg5's Avatar Ordinarius

In seeing distance is in no way within the Dwarven Capital. So he dug in the ground in an area that looked undisturbed. Big deal, that is still no rules broken. Nobody ever said you can't dig in other kingdom's ground. God, what next, "you can't dig in any ground unless it is your own!!!" You people try to find the stupidest things to get angry over and get people in trouble. You hide your entrances so they are unfindable and then expect the person to sit there and not do anything. You brought this on yourself, get over it. Move on. I'm sick and tired of a new thread every day of a person breaking a supposed "Rule". To you guys, everything is a rule broken

Tuor's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mallard View Post
    Poach didnt violate any rules Rom, your just trying to get him in trouble.
    See:

I said I griefed unintentionally, which I did.
    Also, just because the blocks were replaced does not mean that what you did is reconciled. You still broke a rule, intentional or not (which I would argue that it was intentional, considering you were fully aware of your location under the Dwarven capital), and that it should not go unpunished.

The problem with arguing from intention is that you would still have to keep in mind your location at the time. You don't just go randomly digging through Dwarven land (especially since they build structures underground) and not expect to eventually grief into a man-made structure. At best, it was poor judgment and the community still needs to assess how best to punish you.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Hilarys cave is not connected to the Dwarven Capital, and I was on the surface when I dug, not inside the Dwarven structures. As I said, I didn't know he was in a man-made structure and, as the rules state, that is accidental griefing and, as the rules require, I fixed the damage.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast