View Poll Results: Shall he get citizenship?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 75.00%
  • No

2 16.67%
  • Abstain

1 8.33%

Thread: [Citizen Application] xHerzoGx (Patron: Mega Tortas de Bodemloze) [PASSED]

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Default [Citizen Application] xHerzoGx (Patron: Mega Tortas de Bodemloze) [PASSED]

Gentlemen & Ladies of the Consilium de Civitate:

One of the great opportunities in life is to succumb to human frailties and then to supersede them. In this we not only learn from our missteps, but profit from the experience. Today once again I have the honor & privilege representing to this collective, someone whom I believe shall make a fine addition to the site's citizenry.

Here is xHerzoGx's initial citizenship application:

[VOID]Applicant: xHerzoGx Patron: Mega Tortas de Bodemloze

Here is some work that Chris has done for TotW:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would like to thank the board members once again for taking time out of their schedules to consider and review this application.

with respects,

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze

Patron:Mega Tortas

Client: xHerzoGx

xHerzoGx aka Chris' paragraph:

Originally Posted by xHerzoGx
    Hello again. well what can i say...my name is still chris aka xHerzoGx and my attitude is still the same...i still love being here at TWC and helping others and the date i was joining TWC is about 4 months ago now i believe. But anyway since my last application i have done quite allot as i promised.

But before i start to list my positive contributions i want to add the negative one. I think that was already discussed in the Cdec but i just wanted to give my own statement to the whole thing...at the beginning of my TWC carrier i joined the POTW every week and actually asked for votes from a friend twice. I know thats a really bad thing and i understand if some people will see me in a different light now BUT i have to add that no matter how bad the cheating was it also has its good aspects because only because of the ban from the POTW i started exploring the other forums at TWC and started posting things like my Tutorials thread my Tactics guides and all the other good things i have already contributed.
    I m not perfect and i think everybody agrees when i say nobody is but i got my punishment for the cheating and dealt with that. I understand if this let you think bad about me but i can only repeat that this bad decision actually led to all the good ones, so i hope that you and the TWC community can forgive me my mistake.

Here´s a list of the things that were already included in my last application and then a second list of my new contributions since my last application that was about 3 weeks ago i think.

Quote:
    - as already mentioned, I have a huge tutorials thread where I try to help folks toimprove their Ps skills...

[Tutorial] Basic/Advanced Photoshop Tutorials with xHerzoGx

- I give my best to entertain the community with my weekly uploaded videos that are all posted in my Gallery together with my Screen shots

xHerzoGx´s TW Cinematics & Screenshot Gallery

http://www.youtube.com/user/xHerzoGx

- I made promotion videos for Marshal Beales ROW and NOW mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMjqg3hZKhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL5ozA4JYbo

- Currently I'm part of the development team of a new mod called art of war there I'm responsible for the artwork, promotion, menu design, and the ingame intros

Napoleon: Art of War; Offical Thread

- I'm also trying to help out anywhere its needed with my as my skills will allow. I design signatures for others such as the ToTW sigs/posters and also series of "duffer" signatures that I'll soon make

xHerzoGx´s Workshop

and now the list of my new contributions:

- I m working for the A Team of the content staff now means i m writing single/multiplayer tactics guides beside that i have recruited a few more writers (friends of mine) to support TWC with their knowledge.

My Tactics Guide

- I have made another promotion video for Hawkins Great Coats Mod + i have designed lots of artwork for different mods and currently working on 2 other promotion videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uqy3-BUmYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_sql09C0Y

here just the logos of the mods for that i designed the artwork (didnt add the screenshots and loading screens etc.)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- One of the biggest things i m currently working on is to bring all my commentator friends from youtube and steam to TWC...this project actually started when legio was asking me for tactics guides and i thought why should we write guides if we can also make commentary videos that are much more educative. Well legio liked the idea and for now the plan is to get all my mates to post their videos at the Pictures & Videos section.
    The project just started but a few guys have already signed up here and many more will follow. All of the new threads are marked with this symbol [COMMENTARY]. Just to give you some names and numbers of what we are speaking: I have contacted the biggest and most popular commentators from youtube and they all agreed to join that project (Angelos, Synoptic, Saiedz, Knubbgas, Pinxixus, Lionheart, Rattue498, Pratorians100, Prussian Prince, just to name the biggest ones). Only these guys have more than 4 million views on youtube and i m planning to recruit many more to share their hundreds of commentary videos with the TWC community.

That was pretty much everything for now but again i promise to do my best to improve my own work and to increase my contributions to the site.

cheers chris
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; February 12, 2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Font change
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [Citizen Application] xHerzoGx (Patron: Mega Tortas de Bodemloze)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    Good contributions, like his attitude.
    Looks like we have a winner here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I have exactly the same sentiments as in the last application: great contributions including an excellent tutorial.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

No change from me either

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

I knew Herzog from our messages to each other on Youtube before working together here at TWC. He is keen, eager, talented, and very helpful. He asked to be part of Content's vid team, and as I was most familiar with his vid work, I knew he would be a good addition. He has provided me with my current sig and youtube back-splash...but I know he does that for anyone who asks...he's that kind of guy.

Notwithstanding his helpful attitude and talent, what impresses me most with him is his willingness to continuously improve his craft, to invite critique, and to push the envelope. He takes suggestions to heart, and doesn't let ego get in the way of learning. He has been candid with me about his lapse in judgment with POTW, and since has shown nothing but respect for our TWC way of life.

His resume of work is of a high level of quality, and makes TWC a better place.

I support his application for citizenship.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Easy yes.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Before we start quoting ourselves from the previous application I think that we should address some of the rather serious concerns that were raised in the previous application and why it was withdrawn in the first place.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    Before we start quoting ourselves from the previous application I think that we should address some of the rather serious concerns that were raised in the previous application and why it was withdrawn in the first place.
    It was withdrawn because I felt strongly that the missteps should have been addressed by the applicant before anything else. At that time, they were not. If you {general sense}cannot be forthright, honest and in plain sight, then just stay home.

Most of us have made mistakes and hopefully learned from them. The applicant cheated, was caught, and punished.

Edit: {general sense} placed after you, for clarification of intent. Translatiing Vos from Spanish. {you plural.}

Edit II: Since my CdeC Term has now expired, please let me know if further information pertaining to this application is needed.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; February 14, 2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: clarification
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Poll added.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Will have a look...... again. The work is there.. me thinks this should be an easy one, all excluded that is.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

I am just really not impressed... nothing jumps off the page and none of the Photoshop work is particularly impressive to me. It's stuff anyone could do within a few hours of picking up the software. He seems friendly and to have a good attitude, and I'd encourage him to expand his horizons a bit. I did really like the tutorial (even though everything but the Avatar part was extremely simple) so if he made more of those he would earn my vote, at least.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Those promo vids are 10 hours + work each.

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

He's done nicely so far, but I don't think he's contributed enough just yet. Give him a few more months and a few more guides and videos under his belt and then he'll be ready.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

The application should never have been withdrawn. There was a bit of overreaction on the part of the previous CdeC. Since I was not present, I am going to make no assumptions nor will I make any attempt to figure out the details to the nth degree.

I will be voting yes.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

I've seen this guy in the Graphics Workshop and even though his graphic work is not as good as some others it is still solid. He's also doing some very good quality work in Content with promo videos and such. No Moderator interactions and he seems like a pleasant forum member. I will be voting Yes.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Passed.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54