Thread: testudo sound

Default testudo sound

hi
    if you press teh testudo button in the battle map you hear : "units form testudo!" i want to replace it with an other sound but how?

Default Re: testudo sound

In export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt search for "Group_State_Testudo_On" (and "Unit_State_Testudo_On" for single units). Just redirect the file to use a different audio file(s) from your modfolder in the relevant lines.

doesn't work

What doesn't work?

And, did you delete events.dat? I forgot to mention that before.

no effect ,i still hear : "units ,form testudo!"
    what i got is this:
    In my_mod/data/sounds should be a file called events.dat and i have to delete it

In order to make RTW not read its own events.dat file, you need to add an empty events.dat (create an empty .txt file and then rename it to "events.dat") in your own modfolder's sounds folder.

And make sure you have changed the lines of the export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt for the culture(s) you want the new sound to apply to.

now they don't say anything, maybe this helps; the events.dat is just a txt file so that maybe a problem

The file's name is "events", "dat" is the extension. The full name shouldn't be "events.dat.txt" it should be just "events.dat".

that's what i have but maybe i made a mistake when i made the files i did it on this way:
    i opened notepad and clicked on save as and saved it under the name events.dat so now there's a events.dat and dat is not part of teh name but it's the extension