Thread: RTW Roman World Structure for DMUC ETW

Icon5 RTW Roman World Structure for DMUC ETW

Hi,

Does anyone know if anyone is working on a mod to make the ETW World map bigger with more provinces and so on? I was thinking that the successful attempt at changing RTW's world map in mods such as Roma Surrectum II could be translated into ETW.

Also the idea that I can conquer say the whole of France by taking just one city Paris doesnt sit with my long-haul style of these games. It would be great if the map could be altered to say have many provinces in Europe, or indeed like in RTW multiple cities (I mean more than there are already.)

Is a World map mod like this possible in the ETW engine?

I currently use DMUC 6.8...

Cheers.

Nic

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: RTW Roman World Structure for DMUC ETW

You can't add regions in E:TW or divide them, or anything really, because the tools don't exist.

Thats a damn shame

It would be great to have to spend some time on taking say France piece by piece...

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Don't be disheartened though!

A lot of great modders here at TWC have been working for the better part of two years slowly cracking the files, and learning how to mod the map. That coupled with the fact that CA has said they'd released ETW mod tools in the future (which, as we've seen may, or may no happen) leads me to believe that by this summer, new provinces, if not new maps will be created.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfson View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know if anyone is working on a mod to make the ETW World map bigger with more provinces and so on? I was thinking that the successful attempt at changing RTW's world map in mods such as Roma Surrectum II could be translated into ETW.

Also the idea that I can conquer say the whole of France by taking just one city Paris doesnt sit with my long-haul style of these games. It would be great if the map could be altered to say have many provinces in Europe, or indeed like in RTW multiple cities (I mean more than there are already.)

Is a World map mod like this possible in the ETW engine?

I currently use DMUC 6.8...

Cheers.

Nic

Yes it does suck that France or other nations can be finished by the lost of one city.

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Yes it does suck that France or other nations can be finished by the lost of one city.
    France and Spain, I love sniping them by nabbing their main territory, esp when a campaign matures and they start to get a few enemies and then BAM foolishly they declare war on me. Game over kiddies.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey Guys, I know it's the wrong place to ask but I've been looking for a sub-mod for DMUC that I can fight with 30 or 40 unit stacks, instead of the usual 20 unit stacks.
    I am now playing a Napoleon mod called Napoleon total combat with 40 unit stacks and that battles are amazing and huge, and I was wondering if there was a sub-mod for DMUC that support 40 unit stacksz?
    Thanks in advance

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

It can.
    I usually play with 25 units in an army, because my computer sucks.

You just have to use the ESF editor to change the limits. I've made some threads about it in the general ETW forum and other places.

Oh, and to be clear: The limit has been tested up to 80 units and the AI works OK.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 23, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Lizard King♔ View Post
    Don't be disheartened though!

A lot of great modders here at TWC have been working for the better part of two years slowly cracking the files, and learning how to mod the map. That coupled with the fact that CA has said they'd released ETW mod tools in the future (which, as we've seen may, or may no happen) leads me to believe that by this summer, new provinces, if not new maps will be created.
    I really hope this is the case. I've decided to splash out on a PC upgrade to play this game (and mod) but from the little I've played so far (with a FPS of 1) the strategic map is very disappointing. I don't understand the rationale behind having so few provinces. I'd happily wait an additional minute for each turn to process if it meant there'd be more provinces. Perhaps CA were attempting to avoid excessive numbers of siege battles because the AI performs so poorly during them. They don't even necessarily need to have a major fortification in each region, just a town and the diplomatic option of demanding it and the surrounding land during negotiations. Anyway, I really hope you can crack the code.

You can easily read up on the current developments. It's a nice big thread over in the mod workshop:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355187

It's a real pity the files are encrypted and compiled in such a difficult manner and still without support from CA. I assume it's tied to the fact they use the very same engine even today (Shogun2 has the same technical base as ETW, after all) and thus the risk is far too high that people would use the ETW mapping tools to start cracking Shogun 2, allowing for mods that would be more awesome than CA addons and DLCs, causing income loss. Not to forget all the legal hazzle combined with it.
    Tired of annoying filehosters and corrupted downloads when grabbing DMUC?
    Check out my easy and fast torrents HERE!
    Also check out my psd template for an ETW map, highly useful if you make AAR or like to record your map progress for a campaign. Get it HERE

I thought CA realsed some modding files or all the ones they could - it was announced in the shogun total war 2 forum a while back

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

They did-those were db files, nothing whatsoever to do with the map.

What does db mean?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

database