View Poll Results: Shall he get citizenship?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 92.31%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

1 7.69%

Thread: [PASSED] shokh (Patron: MasterBigAb]

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Default [PASSED] shokh (Patron: MasterBigAb]

Patron: MasterBigAb
    Hello to the CdeC,
    Once again I am here to present you another great member of the TWC community worthy becoming a Citizen.
    shokh has not been member for very long yet, but his contributions to our side are numerous and impressing. He’s a very ambitious member, wants to help and discover all areas and straight starts to work wherever he passes.
    The member is local mod himself and has not yet had any moderator interactions.

I don’t know him for that long yet, I met him in different sections of the side and was surprised to meet him and see him being active in various areas and after he was even elected by the TWC community to be the “Rising Star” I was sure and convinced of his competence and contacted him to ask if he’d like to become Citizen.

So here we are now, I hope you agree with me on this candidate once more, let the discussion start

Applicant: shokh
    Quote Originally Posted by shokh
    Greetings honourable Consilium de Civitates!

If you have some time to read my request, I’d like to apply for Citizen in this great community.

I am a 31-year old Austrian and be known as shokh here on Total War Center.
    My account is not that old but I’ve been following the founding and process of TWC for a long time.

Spoiler for Why I play Total War
    The Total War games have always been my favourite ones. I remember I often thought how incredible it would be to have a game where you can send your armies into the battlefield, seeing hundreds or thousands fighting each other when I was a child. It seemed to be a dream.
    But then Shogun I came out and I have to say this was one of the key experiences I ever got in gaming. The setting in Japan was not my favourite but I was so excited that I didn´t care.
    Then Medieval followed, one of my favourite time-frames. I cannot remember how many campaigns, how many fights I have experienced in it.
    After Rome was released I bought a new PC system for it and it was the only game Ii had installed for a long time. First, I didn´t like the new 3D campaign map at all but I learned to like it and all other things were simply amazing. Three times I’ve already bought this game till now and I started more and more to mod on my own.
    I also spent many hours with MTW2 and Kingdoms and switched between these games and Rome.
    During that time I started reading often on the TWC forum. I downloaded and played many mods like Sparta, Greek Mod, EB, Roma Surrectum, Third Age, etc.
    But every time I played a campaign I thought I can change something and modded it. I reached a point where (after 20 turns) I found something I couldn’t change so I wasn´t able to complete a campaign anymore.
    For a long time i haden’t bought ETW. I never liked it in previous games once gunfire was discovered. I played MTW with early starting years to not reach it every time.
    But one day I couldn`t resist any more. The only problem was that I’ve been unsure about what to buy – NTW or ETW. I considered TWC and then I decided – ETW, because of a greater modding community. The anthology package with all released TW games including addons for about 25 euro did the rest to take away my irresolute.

In September 2010 I created my account here. I did this to write something about Peninsula Italica, which was a mod I was looking forward to for a long time.
    In October I shared a small faction modification for Third Age the first time and then in November I started to continuous contribute on TWC, now for Empire as well.
    Since then I have been online every day, learned to love the great community and started giving something back for my long time read-only period on TWC.
    More and more interesting places I discovered here and tried to be a part of it and share my interests with others. From this time till now I’ve met many kind people here and feel very comfortable.
    As I posted a small submod for "The Blue and the Gray" Hinkel sent me a PM and asked if I had interest in joining his team.
    And now I contribute in many sections with fun and ambition and will continue it for sure.

Now: where you can find me and my work on this site:

-Modding projects-
    Modding profile

The Blue and the Gray

As I said I am part of the hosted ETW mod "The Blue and The Gray" where I also am local moderator. As the team finished 2.1 and supported the users with upcoming problems with this version I started (with the permission from Hinkel) with version 2.5 on my own.
    This small project grew more and more, and soon most of the work laid on my shoulders.
    First I only wanted to fix some problems from our previous version and code a new campaign.
    But then I added lots of other new stuff and finally got some help from the rest of the team as the heat of the 2.1 release had been gone.
    Only one month after 2.1 we were able to release this new 2.5 version. Since the release it has been my job to help out our users with technical problems and update this version, because I know about the whole technical stuff of 2.5 and I am the most active user of our team at the moment.
    After two updates 2.6 is ready now which is an improved, very stable version of 2.5

My tasks in this team are:

• Campaigns (ESF)
    • Other coding (DB)
    • Installer
    • Launcher
    • Intro-video
    • 2D Art
    • Moderator / Technical help

The hosted forum for this project is here: The Blue & The Gray

British East India Company – The Indian Mutiny

This is my first own bigger modding project I lead.
    We will create a "zoom" mod which gives the player the ability to “life” the Indian Mutiny as one of the Indian factions. In future I plan to create addons to this for Crimean wars or Afghani wars.

The mod preview is now running for about one month and we got many views and good feedback and suggestions.
    Next month we’re going to apply for an hosted forum.

Two team members support me, they created the models for this mod. They do really great stuff. I also got some help for flags and descriptions by users, the rest of the work I did by my own.

My tasks in this team are:

• campaign
    • Other coding (DB)
    • Installer
    • Launcher
    • Intro-video
    • 2D Art
    • Music / Sounds
    • Project lead

The Preview thread for this project is here: B.E.I.C. Indian Mutiny

-Other modding contributions-

Apart from this two bigger projects I contribute to small mods from time to time for others.
    This is work I share for everyone who would like to use it. Most time this are parts of my coding work for the two above listed projects.
    The special thing about the small mod chest there is that I offer to create mods for users whatever they want. For example I do make mods on request if an ETW gamer wantd to have any unit recruitable for his faction, other stats for this unit, or change his capitol or treasury etc. etc.

Shokh´s small Mod chest
    Darthmod fort submod

-Modding advice-

Every day I take a look into the ETW mod workshop section and try to help out with some advice. It is important to help new modders on the first steps or help in situations which are frustrating.

-Technical help-

I made some attempts to help out in the general technical help but irishron is doing his job very very good and there is no need for a lesser qualified help as from me.
    But I created a thread there and also in the B&G forums about crashing issues. I think it could be a good first level help for many users.
    You can find it here: CTD knowledge base

-Artist Studio-

Till now I have been unsuccessful and didn’t win anything yet, but it makes a lot of fun and there is so much really good work so I do lose a competition with a smile.

In December I got my intro-movie for Blue & Grey into the VOTM.
    The movie was made only with windows movie maker. But it´s ok for that I think.
    It can be watched here:
    Spoiler for My first Video

Beside that I placed about ten screenshots into voting.
    Some of them are also to view in the B.E.I.C. preview.
    If you want take a look at my small Art:
    Spoiler for My Pics

And not long ago I made a thread, the Music Database for Video Artists.
    In this thread I present many music artists who are known as amazing creators of film & trailer music. There are links to their homepages and also sample tracks with Youtube links in the second post. My goal is to update this thread all 1-2 days by a new artist, video or background info about both.

When I have more time I will also share some of my own created music. Some years ago I did it with passion and I plan starting creating own music again. Maybe I then make an advice thread for using Software as Cubase, Reason, Fruity Loops etc as well.

-Content Staff-

As one of the newest members of Content Staff I don’t really have much work to show you yet.
    I read a post from Legio and wrote him I would be glad to help the Staff team.
    He accepted my offer and Ishan took me to his TWC Wiki Team. So far I only created this side:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/American_Civil_War_:_The_Blue_and_the_Gray

-Awards-

A very surprising thing for me, I won the rising star award for ETW.
    Not the few pixels below my avatar are making me happy, it´s the estimation of the TWC community J

Ok that was a bit more then I thought I would write. I hope you didn’t fall asleep.
    Why I think I have deserved the Citizen rank? I cannot judge this completely on my own.
    MasterBigAb and LuckyLewis asked me to patronize me and I was very glad, as I don’t know for sure whether my work is good enough to wear this honour.

But sure, i´d really like to be part of the Citizens.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Default Re: [Citizen Application] shokh (Patron: MasterBigAb]

I am very happy to see shokh being patronized here.

He has a fantastic attitude. He is supportive of other modders and artists, and I've never seen him be negative of anyone or anyone's work. He provides excellent tech support for The Blue and the Gray. He is very passionate about TW modding and the community here. The quality of his artistic work improves with each piece. He is a constant in the pics and vids competitions, even when he doesn't have an entry, providing support and feedback to the the other entrants. In this way, he reminds me of LuckyLewis.

I got to know shokh through his involvement in both Darthmod and The Blue and the Gray...two ETW mods I have played and tested extensively.

He is heavily involved in one of the hottest new mods on the ETW market, has a great sense of community here, participates in competitions, and is respectful of others. He sets ambitious goals for himself, and is always trying new things. On top of that, he's a nice guy who I have personally gone to for feedback on some of my work.

I will be voting yes for this applicant.

Moderation issues?

Well this guy is like all over the place and is an all rounder has already worked on released mods which are very famous in the ETW\NTW categories. Not to mention the technical help he provides and the local moderation he does.

I have had checked his Indian mutiny(Revolt according to me)mod, it's indeed a massive modding task and previews are mind blowing.

He recently joined the wiki team and i was impressed with his first job clearly showing the amount of enthusiasm and dedication this guy has.

Gonna dig in a bit deeper but most likely it's a yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    Moderation issues?
    None.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

It's a pleasant shokh to see this member applying for citizenship. I think he makes an excellent artifex.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

He looks like he has a very great deal of contributions with 2 modifications with multiple positions of responsibility, with other miscellaneous ones to bring him up to the bar of Artifex. I especially like the section about technical support help, as I know how frustrating it can be to experience a crash mid-game, or not have one work at all. These people are very often frustrated or even verging on the abusive so being able to help them out is a great quality in my eyes.

I won't have any problem with voting yes for this candidate.
    Last edited by Jom; February 11, 2011 at 05:50 PM.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

This will be an easy yes.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Poll added.

Voted yes with pride.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety

An easy yes.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Looks great to me. +1

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!

This is an easy one. Will look over a bit more of the links but all signs point to yes.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

I see significant quality contribution.

Contributions are great. And he has a great passion for the forum; two things that make a great Citizen. An easy yes from me.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

He wins
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    He wins
    YAY!\o/