Thread: Averni Recruiting Questions

MithradatesVI's Avatar Civis

Default Averni Recruiting Questions

Um, i'm finding that i'm only able to build a couple of units. What, exactly, in the way of structures and/or governments do i need to build the following units?

Leuce Epos (the ones I started the game with are getting pretty ragged)
    Arverni Arjos
    Botroas
    Gaestae
    Batacorii
    Bataroas
    milnaht
    Brihentin
    Bagaudas
    Soldurii
    Curepos

(i'm guessing on some of these, because the custom battle screen is filled with random units--i'm kind of going for the ones that have Celtic-ish names)

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

(i'm guessing on some of these, because the custom battle screen is filled with random units--i'm kind of going for the ones that have Celtic-ish names)
    Dont go buy the custom battle screen, its not exactly the most accurate, as in not accurate at all to what units are available.

Kushan
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

MithradatesVI's Avatar Civis

So I take it some of the units that should be in for the Averni aren't availible, since it's not completed yet?

Logical next question: Are the Adeui then more complete in the way of unit availibility?

Quote Originally Posted by MithradatesVI
    Um, i'm finding that i'm only able to build a couple of units. What, exactly, in the way of structures and/or governments do i need to build the following units?

Leuce Epos (the ones I started the game with are getting pretty ragged)
    Arverni Arjos
    Botroas
    Gaestae
    Batacorii
    Bataroas
    milnaht
    Brihentin
    Bagaudas
    Soldurii
    Curepos

Well, to be honest I'm not sure off the top of my head. I'll see if I can get some details for you. I should say though that unit recruitment is a bit of a mess atm. There's a heap of units not in, things that should only be available in certain areas but are attainable everywhere, wrong buildings etc etc. Much of this should be fix in the next patch.

But here's a rough guide:

Curepos are mercs and should be available from pretty much all areas that shared the La Tene culture.

Batacorii and Milnaht are Belgae units that should only be available from the two Belgae areas.

Bagaudas are Veneti tribesman that should only be available from Amoricae.

Arverni Arjos and Soldurii shoud only be late period, advanced units.

Botroas and Bataroas are your standard sword units for Cisalpine Gaul and Transalpine Gaul respectively.

Brihentin will be your elitish heavy cav

and your Gaesatae are there just to keep your girlfriend, wife semi interested.
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)