Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TWC Modding Awards Winners 2010

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Default Re: Modding Awards 2010 Winners

Next year, I propose giving a different badge to team members if their mod won. (Unofficial proposal of course, I'm not part of the awards committee)

EDIT: This time, three people beat me. I'm with pvtgunny.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    These are just a few silly pixel...they are nice to have and look at of course, but it is way more important what they stand for. And this you have as well. The knowledge of your work being wildley liked, of being appreciated - and you should be proud your mod achieved this, that's the most important thing, so show it in your mod's section and be proud of yourself and your team mate
    Nicely put mate and the acknowledgment has already been done on our forum, thanks again

Acknowledgment also done in the XIX forum (I think Fortes already said that, but I'll say it just in case he didn't)
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

I think there are more problems when each teammember of an winning mod get an badge.
    Some teams are really big and have about 10 member or more. If we only count 5 members in each team it will be a very high amount of given badges each year.
    You can say half of all modders who are in a hosted mod team, without to score their personal effort and quality of their work in this mod, will get automatically an award each year.
    And then we have many who helped out an mod with an intro/promo-video or research etc. It´s very difficult to say then he is getting an award and he not.

You should not forget that every of this members have also the chance to win an award outside of the mod-votings.

So what i think is that it would be the best to simple give the mods himself the award (not each member), maybe with an prefix in the mod title.

For example:

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    I think there are more problems when each teammember of an winning mod get an badge.
    Some teams are really big and have about 10 member or more. If we only count 5 members in each team it will be a very high amount of given badges each year.
    You can say half of all modders who are in a hosted mod team, without to score their personal effort and quality of their work in this mod, will get automatically an award each year.
    And then we have many who helped out an mod with an intro/promo-video or research etc. It´s very difficult to say then he is getting an award and he not.

You should not forget that every of this members have also the chance to win an award outside of the mod-votings.

So what i think is that it would be the best to simple give the mods himself the award, maybe with an prefix in the mod title.

For example:

IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Not sure if that can be done, and I think its a bad place to do it, since that's where you see new posts or not, but I like where this is going

It could be greyed-out if there were no new posts
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Content Emeritus

You'd have to make a whole new forum skin I think

Then maybe it could go between the fleur-de-lis and forum/thread title?
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post

So what i think is that it would be the best to simple give the mods himself the award (not each member), maybe with an prefix in the mod title.

For example:

That's a great idea, but i might not me possible as others have already said.
    Just like shokh i agree that if we were going to give badges to all team members the number of badges would be enormous, so i don't agree with that, i agree with a badge to the mod thread it self though.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Don't know if anyone has noticed but the small icons under avatars looks horrible it's pixels are rough, somebody resized them wrong(should be bicubic sharper when resizing into small size).
    See the current ones on the left and the new ones on the right:-

I have PMed a hex member about it they will be fixed shortly when they are free and online.

Rookie power! thanks so much everyone! bloody stoked!
    Check out my brand new British and Prussian units and much much more in Marshall Beale's new masterpiece!

I did not expect that I will receive the award.
    Many thanks to all who voted for me.
    I'm glad I like my work. Thanks again.
    And I congratulate those who won.
    Last edited by Neo; February 13, 2011 at 02:23 AM.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

daww, you guys and girls look really sexy with your fancy awards.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Don't know if anyone has noticed but the small icons under avatars looks horrible it's pixels are rough, somebody resized them wrong(should be bicubic sharper when resizing into small size).

I have PMed a hex member about it they will be fixed shortly when they are free and online.
    Noticed that too, but as i don't know much about it i didn't think about it much longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post

Noticed it also.
    Cheers for pming them
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Okmin View Post
    They should have a team award... Like a slightly different badge that goes to the team members if their mod wins. Maybe a smaller one, since it's not for just one person. (My reasoning: well... the mod didn't make itself good, the team did)
    I like this idea

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Teams can be rather huge.
    And due to the nature of the awards, one would somehow have to narrow it down to only those who worked on the mod in the previous year.

Content Emeritus

perhaps four people per team, tbd by the mod leader?

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    perhaps four people per team, tbd by the mod leader?
    That's just plain unfair. Anyway, it won't be implemented this year, so no need getting too worried over it.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell