Thread: Rtw/bi 1.6

Default Rtw/bi 1.6

Simply: will the demo work with an RTW patched to 1.6? If not, any suggestions on how I could get it to work on a seperate iteration of RTW/BI, as I don't want to mess up my current campaign, etc.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

The game has been tested on a 1.3 version stand-alone version of R:TW

R:TW 1.6 does not exist, I assume you mean 1.5? If so, it has been reported that it does work. However, you should *NOT* install the demo to any installation of R:TW and expect anything else to work but the demo. I have disabled the Campaign option anyway.

If you are referring to BI 1.6, then we preserved the integrity of it (in Expansion versions) in the early stages and have attempted to do so since. However, we have not tested whether BI still works if the demo is installed to the Rome data folder recently.

The demo 1.1 is now available in-house for final testing before release to the public. I will ask if someone can test the BI compatability.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

If you want just take your Rome Total war folder out of activision. Then uninstall Rome total war Barbarian Invasion. If you move the Rome total war folder to another place like C:\ Progrom Files\BIunmodded.
    The game will be safe when you uninstall, & then you can re-install a fresh Rome Total War in your activision folder.

Default bi

Would I not lose my BI savegames uninstalling BI and moving RTW? What is the point of uninstalling BI before transferring the files?

Just copy the Rome - Total War folder and install the demo over the copy.

Apoc

Brilliance!

Man I must have a brain clog or something....

EDIT: Wait, nvm... my original problem was the fact that having BI 1.6 might cause issues... so I'll just copy the whole thing, move it, then uninstall BI, and.... yeah I think someone already said that. As I said... brain clog.