Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Green" Mordor

Default Re: "Green" Mordor

Guys, we all have to blame global warming....

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post
    Guys, we all have to blame global warming....
    Yes, and we got Saurons vulcano-activity to blame!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Heals the III View Post
    I always had the idea of if a "good" faction conquered a part of mordor, after, say 10 turns it would revert to a "greener" and more alive texture. idk how hard it would be to do, but it would be pretty cool to see
    Finally a serious post. This is what I was getting at. I hate conquering Mordor with a good faction and then 100 years later it still looks like Sauron and his orcs are running the place. Their decor is horrendous.

Rero's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Yes, and we got Saurons vulcano-activity to blame!
    no way! dont blame mt doom. its the dwarfs forges and the hobbits pickups + jumbojets who are the big enviro-destructor

and big green lore defying radioactive ghost army slob
    Emi master race!
    TheIncendiaryPig

Yea, and there should be a tree growing out of Mount Doom!
    just kidding, it is a great idea but a bit impossibe i think.

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Timminator View Post
    Yea, and there should be a tree growing out of Mount Doom!
    just kidding, it is a great idea but a bit impossibe i think.
    well don't say so. in vanilla when you upgraded farms it affected the campaign map I think. whether it can be adjusted to this, who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Raiven View Post
    well don't say so. in vanilla when you upgraded farms it affected the campaign map I think. whether it can be adjusted to this, who knows
    Hey yeah, maybe they could designate a certain farming level to any good faction and just go completely overboard with the farm textures.

I think it has to be possible. If it's possible to add winter textures or roads or irrigation, it has to be possible to enter code in that changes Mordor to "normal" if conquered by a good race.

If farming upgrades would change the campaign map then it wouldn't be particularly difficult to change that terrain change to a completely different building, one that is buildable by the good factions. That would fulfill this idea in its entirety.

However, I'm not sure whether or not farms actually change the map, and I don't feel like experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Butters I View Post
    If farming upgrades would change the campaign map then it wouldn't be particularly difficult to change that terrain change to a completely different building, one that is buildable by the good factions. That would fulfill this idea in its entirety.

However, I'm not sure whether or not farms actually change the map, and I don't feel like experimenting.
    Well, it is possible. Make Mordor farms a max of level 3 or 4 for example (like the Aztecs in Vanilla), and then allow maximum farming for the normal player.

I thought I would revive this thread because it's been bothering me as I began playing factions closer to Mordor again.

Would it be possible to make a mod that changes the ground textures after a certain number of turns held by a "good" faction, or one that utilizes the farm idea?

If so, would anyone be willing to try and make it? I don't have a whole lot of modding experience myself.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post
    Nurn????
    Nurn is the area with the sea in Mordor (sea of Nurnen). There were alot of men living there as slaves. After Sauron's defeat they were freed and Aragorn gave Mordor to them to live there.

If you want to conquer nice green lands:
    exchange all cities/castles of morder with those of gondor, so gondor caputes the nice fields around minas tirith and everybody is happy

Quote Originally Posted by glassakias View Post
    true
    seconded,these guys propably never read books

Also Samwise had a vision of Mordor turning into a garden,when he had The Ring for some time

It seem a pretty good idea to me

p00pwater's Avatar Libertus

yeah, nurn was already fertile and irrigated, while the western part of mordor was barren, the eastern part by the sea of nurnen was fertile and did feed the armies of mordor and all the easterlings and southrons housed there.

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Actually, after the War of the Ring, when King Elessar gave Mordor to the people of Nurn, it turned to an incredibly fertile area because of all the ash of the volcano, so in the end it became a beautiful land after all.
    V.v where have you get this information?

ajak60's Avatar Biarchus

you could always go play 4th age: total war for RTW, that has a greener mordor, though its only rhun/harad/mordor/gondor/rohan/isengard areas its still a great mod

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Yeah but that has the RTW diplomacy and we all know that it ruins every game

On a side note, was the Sea of Nurnen salt water or fresh water? I always thought it was the latter but I remember somewhere it said the area around The Sea of Nurnen was fertile despite the salt water.
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; December 29, 2011 at 07:02 PM.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast