Thread: EB Pics

Default EB Pics

Post your EB pics..

Will try and get some better ones, but here's a start with some of my beloved Celts

my2bob
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

Semisalis

Here's a good smart dumb question : with which keyboard button does one take pics? It's been so long, I completely forget.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Print Screen. It's in the top left corner

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Semisalis

Ah, I've been pressing that, and I think I found the folder (tga). But...all my screenshots are completely black. Did they ever fix the anti-aliasing picture bug in future patches? (I'd really like to be able to take EB shots...)
    Last edited by Artannis Wolfrunner; January 27, 2006 at 08:52 AM.

I use Howies Quick Screen Capture program from http://www.howiesfunware.com
    That saves them without any problems. You could try Fraps, too. It will capture movies.

The first picture posted looks like the finalists for the dorky hat contest...

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Finally the bird hat.
    The only hat I miss in the game.
    It is just so cool.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

custom battle: swéboz vs romans

first wave: shock infantry, like merjoz & wodanawulfoz

charge

securing the flanks...

the center after securing the flanks

AI pushed the center into my direction with celtic infantry, which helped me later to encircle their triarii

stupit AI cavalry charge

second wave
    actually, the third line (akwesiharjoz) advanced with the charge of the scond line (the gaizaharjoz), but they were kept in the back in order to throw spears into the roman formations while they got charged by the second line.

crash, right flank: it looks horrible, but the triarii defeated those two (!) units of lancemen with the support of pilum-salvos from the back. the gaizaharjoz routed, but the survivors returned later and finally killed the exhausted triarii.

triarii encircled...

line established

soon the outer left flank was nearly broken: the sahsnotoz who were used to guard the flanks (i.e. to play for time, since i had no units that could match a cohort in a 1:1 battle except the ferulharjoz, but they were needd to hold the line at the massively attacked center) routed and the heruskoz were about to get torn into pieces by the evocatae and the cohort that defeated the sahsnotoz threatened their back,...

but then, a cohort that advanced to the second line of the inner left flank, having kept the central infantry of the third line away from the shaking heruskoz, suddenly turned and tried to lower the pressure in the center, thus exposed it's back to the third line. hence, they needed to be charged in the back by a unit of akwesiharjoz, which initiated the third wave.

the gaizaharjoz turned around and the latter cohort was suddenly encircled and got mowed down, while the frontline was kept by ferulharjoz and wodanawulfoz...

...then, the axemen and lancemen together with the few surviving heruskoz took care of the evocatae while the merjoz were preventing the celtic auxiliaries from supporting the evocatae

then, after flanking the romans on the right side...

the romans counter-flanked my flanking sahsnotoz

so i tried to flank their flanking cohort which flanked my flanking sahsnotoz...

...which failed...

but i managed to break their left flank and got my warriors behind their two cohorts who were holding my heruskoz down. but their defeat has been temporarly prevented by a cohort that apparently returned from routing and the heruskoz broke and fled, stupidly followed by the AI. the hunt was stopped by the warriors who crushed the roman left flank and the elite of the first line that stopped hunting down the routing antisignanti. the cohorts were bound in seperated battles, while the remaining triarii dominated the former center of the battle

they almost destroyed the few barbarians in the center, but finally, some units returned after having stopped their routing

in the meantime, the bound cohorts being totally exhausted were crushed... mhehehe

and victory...

about 400 surviving victors. yeehah.
    Last edited by swabian; January 29, 2006 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen851
    The first picture posted looks like the finalists for the dorky hat contest...
    lol ... and you'd want to been seen walking down the street in a Boeotian, Valencia Jinete or Iberian Sinew Helm?

Ancients didn't perscript to our 21st C AD view of "coolness". Besides, these are only the lesser gens. If you want to see something really funky, just wait for the fam gens based on recent finds ! :original:

TB666, glad you like em.

swabian, love those pics!!
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

err.. i've added some more in order to complete the story

Quote Originally Posted by swabian
    err.. i've added some more in order to complete the story
    Bloody Marvellous !!
    PSYCHO V