Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about factions other than catholic

Default What about factions other than catholic

I haven't heard a single letter about arabs, byzantines, other orthodox factions and all non-catholic factions..hearing that the dev.team is another one, maybe they dont liek the middle-east I wanna play with those saracens( Egypt) and kick some crusader but and do some Jihad!!!

H_man's Avatar Decanus

Then obviously you've read nothing. You've obviously never played MTW. In the information it even says that one of the whole points of the game is to conquer the middle east jihadding or crusading. Exact quote "Win favour with the Pope and round up your armies for global crusades at his request. Players can even prompt the Pope to commission crusades as Catholicism wages a spiritual battle against the Muslim, Orthodox and Pagan religions."

It said "crusades" that the pope invoked i read the magazine thing knight posted..that's what i read, corect me if i'm wron though

H_man's Avatar Decanus

"Win favour with the Pope and round up your armies for global crusades at his request. Players can even prompt the Pope to commission crusades as Catholicism wages a spiritual battle against the Muslim, Orthodox and Pagan religions." Exact quote from totalwar.com

yea it said doing crusades on muslims, orthodox..etc but not doing jihad on catholic, orthodox..etc. see what i mean?

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Don't worry Killer, the Muslims will most certainly be able to do a Jihad. :original: I don't know about the Orthodox factions though.
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

maybe the orthodox could try to convince the pope to declare crusades against muslims, as when the turks conquered byzantine lands, they convinced the pop to do a crusade, correct me if i'm wrong though.

H_man's Avatar Decanus

I forget where I read it but I'm certain Jihads are in it just like in MTWI.

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

"Win favour with the Pope and round up your armies for global crusades at his request. Players can even prompt the Pope to commission crusades as Catholicism wages a spiritual battle against the Muslim, Orthodox and Pagan religions."
    muahaha prepare to be crusaded saladin!

Decanus

..etc but not doing jihad on catholic, orthodox..etc. see what i mean?
    Well you can only Jihad to a conquer land of yours. I hope the Jihad is limited though I didn't like the fact in MTW that you can lose a land some where in Europe and Jihad for it back. I would rather have it limited to Spain, Africa, and the middle east.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    - Emiliano Zapata

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

The problem that I see is that the Catholics are going to have this super-advanced religion system with loads of interesting politicking and so on that will greatly effect the gameplay of the game, but the Orthodox will probably just have priests and bishops, like a hang over from MTW. I would greatly urge CA to give the Orthodox something comparable (especially since I am about to become Orthodox...). If they include factions like Bulgaria and Serbia (which I very much hope they will), and even if they just leave it at the historical monstrosity that is 'Russia', Orthodox politics will still be incredibly important to Eastern Europe. And they'll be important to interactions with the Catholics. I hope that CA have heard of the Council of Florence.

Yeah, i'm also afraid that the Muslim and Orthodox factions will lack the dept of the Catholics in the campaign game, i've heard alot about priests and Crusades but nothing about Imams and Jihad. I too want to unite all the Muslims (Turks, Moors, Egypt, Arabs) and kick some crusader infidel butt.

And heres to hoping they have an elite Mujahedeen unit.

Hell, the game ends after the beginning of the Protestant Reformation, which is just more evidence to support a Colonial expansion pack.
    Playwright. Thespian. Mathematician.

And heres to hoping they have an elite Mujahedeen unit.
    funded by the CIA *cough* i mean Illuminati

i can't wait to send my rampaging Catholic Crusaders against the heretics and other...people
    yeahhhh

but thats just me
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Quote Originally Posted by 2ltben
    Hell, the game ends after the beginning of the Protestant Reformation, which is just more evidence to support a Colonial expansion pack.
    Yeah that would be nice so i could kill luther (of corse after torturing him for a month lol ) and unify the cristhianity , to conquer the ottomans and then CONQUER THE WORLD MUAHUAHUAHUA

History is a set of lies agreed upon.
    - Nappy B.

The only fact in history.

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy
    maybe the orthodox could try to convince the pope to declare crusades against muslims, as when the turks conquered byzantine lands, they convinced the pop to do a crusade, correct me if i'm wrong though.
    The first crusade was indeed started after a request for help by the byzantine emperor. Unfortunately he probably thought the pope whould send some hundred well trained italian mercenaries for the byz emperor to command. What he got was a crusade of tens of thousands of fanatic peasants quickly slaugtred by the turks, followed by about 60 000 well armed mainly frankish knights. This posed an immediate threat to his own empire and he was quick to send them across the Bospouros strait, to get rid of them. So I guess you are correct that the byzantines convinced the pope to order a crusade, they just didnt know it themselves.

Protestanism?
    Might be possible,seeing how the game let historical event happend way before they did in reality...if so thats one way to lose the pope.
    However iwont go that way,i must follow the pope.

Just a quick question. Is it only Roman Catholic Nations that can crusade? Or can the Byzantines order crusades too?

Quote Originally Posted by scottishranger
    Just a quick question. Is it only Roman Catholic Nations that can crusade? Or can the Byzantines order crusades too?
    Crusades are tied with a pope and his faith, and Byzantium isn't catolic Empire (it is oposite of pope), so they souldn't, but who know... money is a miracle .
    NON SCHOLAE SED VITAE DISCIMUS.

"Ко искрено и страсно љуби
    Истину, Слободу и Отџбину,
    слободан је и неустрашив као
    Бог, а презрен и гладан као пас."
    П. Кочић

Maybe you could, instead, do something like convert a bit of the catholic population in europe (using a couple of priest agents) and use them to rebel against the pope..that would be interesting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast