Thread: Multi-Player Ideas ... Put yours here

Default Multi-Player Ideas ... Put yours here

Instant Battle Mode
    Similar to what we most play with the multi-player we have now for RTW and BI
    *City Siege Mode
    This was included for RTW and BI but I suggest to improve it a bit. Like actually putting units on the towers instead of invisible archers. And also how about garrisoning your units inside of buildings for a chance of some major ambushes.
    *Castle Siege Mode
    This should be self-explanatory. But I highly suggest that a player should be able to bring a customized Castle into play in this mode.
    *Ambush Mode
    A player is in a small campaign map and his army is marching though a forest. The other player's army is positioned AND DIVIDED throughout the forest. How long can the marching player survive?
    *Campaign Mode
    This is probably my greatest idea for a multi-player. How about a game played by about 8 people online and they play though e-mail and send each other's turns? Huh? You know like Civilization III.
    *Conquest Mode
    Or is this my greatest idea? In this mode there should be a cut-out of the campaign map or a customized mini-map. There are customized mini-provinces and cities and such and such. And players will be able to play like in a campaign map but smaller and with other living breathing human players. This game will probably take a LONG time to finish. But it's all worth it.
    *Mercenary Mode
    You start in Level 5 with 10,000 amound of denarii or whatever they will be using in MTW2. And the amount of money you have determines how large your army will be. It's like Instant Battle Mode plus you get to wager some of your wealth. The more battles you win, the more money you get, the higher your level will go to.
    Once you reach a certain level or a certain amount of money then you will probably unlock something in the campaign map, like a faction, an unplayable faction, extra money for your campaign, or whatever does Creative Assembly want to do.

No matter if CA does or doesn't do this, MTW2 will still be a great game to enjoy!

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

Or is this my greatest idea? In this mode there should be a cut-out of the campaign map or a customized mini-map. There are customized mini-provinces and cities and such and such. And players will be able to play like in a campaign map but smaller and with other living breathing human players. This game will probably take a LONG time to finish. But it's all worth it.
    By this do you mean something along the lines of Battlefront's Galactic Conquest? If so than I think it's a great idea.
    The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Drunken's Avatar Semisalis

I like the idea of putting units inside buildings, could lead to some intense street fighting, fighting for every street.

Quote Originally Posted by Al'Thor
    By this do you mean something along the lines of Battlefront's Galactic Conquest? If so than I think it's a great idea.
    Yeah ... Exactly like Battlefront's Galactic Conquest ... awesome right?

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

I love your ideas, TWCForumite. All of them. Except for the last one : I hate UNLOCKING things in games. It is an artificial way to make the game last longer. Thank god we could mod RTW or I would have missed some interesting factions and battles.
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

Units were supposed to be able to baracade city buildings in Rome, but i guess it got cut. Was mentioned in a few previews
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Hey people. I sent this page to CA's e-mail. I love it!

I love the idea of conquest mode. I'll admit that MP campaigns would only be played by the most diehard of fans, but mini-mp campaigns would work perfectly.